JPF Home Page
{Just a 5-Minute "Quickie" on Perseverance...}

So You Struck-Out with That Fabulous Babe?
Just Like The-OTHERS..Before?
Well, You Take That Memory..File-It-AWAY
EVEN-Tually..You WILL Score!

& Maybe that Job You Thought Was Perfection
Only Brought You..More Rejection
You WILL Try-HARDER The Very NEXT Time
Success Is a LADDER We ALL Gotta Climb (And)

(CHORUS)
Those ZEROS Add-Up To SOMETHING
Those ZEROS Add-Up To SOMETHING:
MORE-AMMO Next Time You're HUNTING
Those ZEROS ADD UP TO SOMETHING~

She Wasn't Inspired by Your Shiny-New CAR?
And All The Excessive..BLING?
Maybe Next Time Be More "COME-AS-YOU-ARE"
(With MOST GALS "HONESTY" is The THING!)

And Maybe Your Waist-Size is Holdin' You Back?
But Nothin' So-Far Seems To Work?
Just Set a GOAL..& GET In-CONTROL
(Trimmin' 10-Pounds Never-Hurts!) &...

(REPEAT CHORUS)

(BRIDGE)
It Never Hurts, All Those Times You-Have-FAILED:
You Keep-On-TRYIN' 'Till You Got It NALLED!

(INSTRUMENTAL)

Got a Book or A Song that's Been-Sittin' SO Long?
So Long..You Kinda Despise It?
Sit Down TONIGHT & START The Re-Write
Maybe NEXT WEEK..SOMEBODY Buys It! Cuz..

(CHORUS OUT)

(TAG)
LOB A GRENADE..Next Time You're HUNTING
& Those ZEROS ADD UP TO SOME...THING!

(C) 2008 by Stan Good, BMI
All Rights Reserved.
Posted By: Mel Re: "THOSE ZEROS ADD UP TO SOMETHIN'" - 11/19/08 03:02 AM
"Got a Book or A Song that's Been-Sittin' SO Long?
So Long..You Kinda Despise It?
Sit Down TONIGHT & START The Re-Write
Maybe NEXT WEEK..SOMEBODY Buys It! Cuz.."

Sorry to ruin your zero, but this part gave me some encouragement. Thanks for that smile

Kelli

ROFLMAO...Waal, Mz MelKelli, ya made my day!

All of Us Writers are in the World's Wackiest Business. Dunno if ya ever heard the Top 10 Hit, "Never Been to Me" by an artist named "Charlene"...but it was a Major Label Release that Stiffed.
Rumor has it a DJ was dusting his shelves off, found a copy, played it on the Air...& BINGO..the Phone Lines Lit-Up, it THEN got Airplayed all over again..& Up It Went. Hit-City.

Good Material, Good Timing, & Good Luck. That's what launched the Dixie Chicks & Susan Gibson's Career...

As for Zeros, EVABODY starts Out With Them, so they're really Nothin' To Be Ashamed-Of. "Louie-Louie" woulda STILL "Rated a Zero" if the DJs hadn't played it & the Kids couldn't Dance To It...on Board 1-2-3...heh-heh!

Glad to see you're Re-writing a Few..Keep Up Da Good Work, & yeah, I allus forgive Nice-Lookin' Babes (Preferably with LONGGG Hair, too!)

Big Hugs,
Ol' Occasionally Saved-By-Zeros Stan
Posted By: KimberlyinNC Re: "THOSE ZEROS ADD UP TO SOMETHIN'" - 11/20/08 01:21 AM
Hey Stan.. there you go mentioned weight again in one of your songs...LOL. Just kidding. I really like this. I like all of your stuff, very unique way of looking at things and different style of writing, Reminds me of Randy Newman. Keep up the good work. If you get the chance, check out my new one Weekend Dream, I would like opinions. Have none as of yet.. thanks, KimberlyinNC
HiDee & Thankee Mz Kim for the Kind Visit on the Former Zero-Bound Baby here! (I've always been a RandyFan..& "Short People" is SUCH a Zinger on Prejudices!)

I'd forgotten to mention that Charlene's Top-Tenner sat on the DJ's Shelf for SEVEN long YEARS..as Legend Would Have It.

Yep, I'd be honored to visit "Weekend Dream"..(& I already like it...kinda the Ultimate Hook, already!) (If'n a Guy'd written it, Dream would prolly be Plural...but I digress....) ;-)>

Many Thanks & a Big Eye-Winkin' Hug,
Stan
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards