JPF Home Page
Posted By: Joice Marie Saddled With 20 Chickens - thanks Skip - 05/23/08 06:36 PM
It's been fun reading all the chicken lyrics!

Maybe this could work to the tune of a traditional jig......

Saddled With 20 Chickens © joice marie 2008

My friend
Tall Ben
Had a hen house
with 20 hens

He died
I cried
It's a mess , and
I'm not gonna lie

now I'm saddled with 20 chickens
and don't know what to do

No kin
To call in
They cackle all day
Stuck in their pen

No sleep
I count sheep
Wish I knew, if
they're mine to keep

'cause I'm saddled with 20 chickens
Instrument break.......

I know!
I'll sew
All the feathers
Into a pillow

Drumsticks
fried crisp
Tasty meals
are on my list

'cause I'm saddled with 20 chickens

With some luck
And Ben's truck
I'll take them
To be plucked

Poor Ben
It's the end
I won't be saddled with 20 chickens

Poor Ben
It's the end
I won't be saddled with 20 chickens
Posted By: iceberg Re: Saddled With 20 Chickens - thanks Skip - 05/23/08 06:58 PM
Its been fun reading this one also Joice

Its a style that I haven't seen to much of, and never used...but I like it..had no problem with the flow.

simple...yet effective

very good

Allen
Howdy JM,

I'll agree with Allen on all counts. I've always been impressed with the risks you take in format....and I think the ability to learn then break the rules is the sign of a true artist.

Take care...
Beth
Posted By: Calvin Re: Saddled With 20 Chickens - thanks Skip - 05/24/08 12:32 AM
Hi jm,

Very cool writing !
hit the record button.

Calvin

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/calvinstewart
Hi Joice,

I always enjoy the way you put words together. I know you're probably "cookin' up" some cool music for this too....it's so singable! smile

Simple, fun, creative!

Enjoyed it.

Kristi

I think you have the lyrics lined up choppy which will make for a good jig if you go that direction. Tasty meals can't resist works also. Take care.

Best,
Lynn
Joice,

May I have your permission to use this lyric in the "Hook Hunter's Heaven" project in the chapter on how an individual lyricist's life experience and unique perspective affect the development of a Community Hook in different directions? I would note your name, your copyright info, and mark "Used By Permission" to ensure your rights are retained for all other uses.

It may be not all the lyrics generated by the 20 Chickens hook will fit into the chapter. But I will try to include as many as I can fit in.

If you will give this permission, please let me know by email: <SkipJohnson777@gmail.com>

Thanks!

Skip
Hi ALLEN
BETH
CALVIN
KRISTI
AND LYNN!!!!

My Apologies ! ! blush blush Not sure how this happened ?????

.....that I did not reply to anyone at all on this thread ...... I must have gotten caught up in taken care of those Chickens tongue

Forgive me please ? - thank you for your time and comments.... it was fun to take time for the challenge..

Thanks again Skip and Yes, of course if you want to use the lyric... I haven't done the jig yet...

smile jm

Hey JM...

See, I'm just finding this now too...so again, NO WORRIES. smile

Beth
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards