JPF Home Page
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/24/05 08:18 PM
For those planning to attend Pineyfest this year, July 28-30...please be aware that the Days Inn in Centerville only has a block of 12 rooms available to PINEYFESTERS! Due to a huge construction project going on in town that has taken over much of the hotel, only the first 12 callers can reserve rooms there. Anyone who doesn't get one of these rooms will have to stay at the Holiday Inn (or one of the other hotels) in Dickson which is about a 20 minute drive away.

Call 931-729-5600 and tell them you are with Pineyfest. The room rate this year is $53.99 single/double occupancy.

Please let me know for sure who is coming and if you have or are looking for a roommate to share expenses. I have a few folks who are interested in sharing a room and will gladly connect folks with each other.

Bobbie
931-729-7008 eves

[This message has been edited by Bobbie Gallup (edited 06-30-2005).]
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/24/05 09:05 PM
Just made my reservation...

Thanks, Bobbie, for making these arrangements!

Pineyfest will be so much fun!!

Can't WAIT to see you !!!!!!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jumping up and down with excitement [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: Ria Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/24/05 10:28 PM
Bobbie,

So Sorry it's a no can do situation this year but I really promise to try for next year especially since we have so many songs together now and will have so many more next year.

I hope it comes off fabulously, I can't wait to hear about it. Remember me of course.

Love,
Rachel
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/24/05 11:21 PM
Hi, Pineyfesters:

I am hoping that a few of you might want to go into Nashville with me for a short outing ...if we can fit it in between all the festivities... [Linked Image]

Emily

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 06-24-2005).]
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/25/05 12:15 AM
Hi Emily...

I can't wait to see you...and for folks to see the surprise you have created for everyone who participates!! Folks will love them! It is going to be a great time!

Hugs,
Bobbie
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/25/05 01:20 AM
Hi, Bobbie,

We are almost ready to mail them to you...!
Hope to get 'em in the mail in a week or two, so you will have them for the first arrivals [Linked Image]

xoxo
Emily
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/27/05 09:16 PM
Hi Rachel,

Well, you will still be welcome NEXT year!! We will certainly miss you this year, however! We'll just have to keep writing. Shoes await! [Linked Image]

Hugs,
Bobbie
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/27/05 09:35 PM
Mornin' Bobbie! [Linked Image]

You might want to post this important Pineyfest info. on the Songwriters' and/or General Forums.

You also might want to post it on the JPF Nashville Chapter board as well...and to other JPF chapters nearby -just a thought....

Some of the folks who use those don't visit the Lyric Forums much....and look at all the fun they're missing !!!!

Packin' for Nashville,
~*~ Emily

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 06-27-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 06-27-2005).]
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/27/05 10:51 PM
Hi Em...aka TG,

I promise to do that as soon as the workshop schedule is nailed down!! See ya real soon!!

Hugs,
Bobbie
Posted By: Richard Scott Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/28/05 04:52 AM
bobbie... we have a tight leave schedule at work and i took time off to go to the tin pan alley symposium in nashville earlier this year so i can't make it to pineyfest. i'd heard so much about it, i was going to try to come but alas, i can't swing both like i thought i could. y'all have a great time (like you need me to tell you that!! ) enjoy!! [Linked Image] scotty
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/28/05 06:35 AM
aw, scotty, we'll miss ya! Maybe next year...

Emily
Posted By: Bill Robinson Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/28/05 08:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bobbie.
I just got off the phone with Days inn. They have two rooms left.
See you soon

------------------
www.soundclick.com/billrobinson

Bill
Live with a song in your heart
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/28/05 08:10 PM
That may be one left now--I just got one.

Joe
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/28/05 08:14 PM
Can't wait to meet all of you!!
See you soon!

Emily
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/29/05 03:43 AM
Hey, anyone staying at the Days Inn-tell 'em you want The Bongette Discount. [Linked Image] Hehehe. Bet they'll look at you funny. [Linked Image]

Wear your smiley face t-shirt that says, "I'm with Bob Young."

------------------
"We spend a lot of time nursing wounded egos that are injured by falling from imaginary heights."--Bill Littleton

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/giddygirlmusicproductions_music.htm
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/29/05 03:58 AM
You sure guys can get the Bongette Discount?

Joe
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/29/05 04:04 AM
Hi, Tricia,

I forgot about asking for the Bongette discount...

Bobbie says being a Bongette is a "right of passage" for Pineyfest... [Linked Image]

Should I be looking forward to that?!

Emily

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 06-28-2005).]
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/29/05 04:24 AM
[Linked Image] Go ahead and volunteer, Emily. Bob said guys can be a Bongster, Joe.

------------------
"We spend a lot of time nursing wounded egos that are injured by falling from imaginary heights."--Bill Littleton

[This message has been edited by Tricia Baker (edited 06-28-2005).]
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/29/05 04:52 AM
Hi, Tricia,

Are there any links for past Pineyfest photos??
I have a vague memory of you posting wonderful pictures a year or two ago...

Emily
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/29/05 05:03 AM
I took them down, Emily. People stopped looking. I'll send you some if you like.

------------------

Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/29/05 05:35 AM
http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=381687815&key=hvkFHX&pos=0

This should take anyone interested directly to the slideshow. I'm an amateur photographer so I threw in some of Tennessee in there, too, cause I like showing off. [Linked Image]

------------------

Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/29/05 05:38 AM
http://community.webshots.com/user/sanantonioroses

Here's another link in case that link won't work. [Linked Image]

------------------

Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/29/05 06:49 AM
Tricia,

THANKS so much for posting those gorgeous photos...You are a great photographer!!!

The last few pictures of the Piney River and
the close up of Queen Anne's lace were spectacular.

I loved the ones of Bobbie's horses [Linked Image]

Emily

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 06-29-2005).]
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/30/05 09:18 PM
28 days'til Pineyfest.....

BUMP
Posted By: qbaum Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 06/30/05 10:15 PM
Emily, sounds like you are getting excited..Me too! [Linked Image]

~~shelia
Posted By: Richard Scott Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/01/05 12:36 AM
ok... there may be another person canceling their leave shortly... i looked all thru this post and don't see dates or anything... what kind of informative post is this anyway?? jeez!! LOL [Linked Image] scotty
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/01/05 12:51 AM
Hey Scotty, whaddya mean, no dates? You don't need a date for PINEYFEST!! [Linked Image] I think you will find the dates in the original post...July 28-30. Hope you can make it...we'd love to see you!! Tricia knows we even 'low folks from Loo-siana at Pineyfest!! It's just a great time with great folks, most of whom only know each other by screenname. Heck, we've had folks show up from the UK, Australia, Canada and Saudi Arabia, and of course about every state in the US. So far this year I know there will be one guy from the Netherlands. You just never know who will show up. [Linked Image] Some folks have managed to make it all 4 years. I think next year, we'll be giving out 5 year pins!! [Linked Image]

Bobbie
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/01/05 08:02 PM
Just want you to know: At Pineyfest, I will be performing three songs that Bobbie and I wrote together...what incredible lyrics.. [Linked Image]

Emily

bump
Posted By: Jean Bullock Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/01/05 10:20 PM
Hey, Emily!

Are you flying or driving?

Is anyone driving out from my area? (Southern Ca)

Jean
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/01/05 10:25 PM
Hi, Jean!

I am flying to Nashville from LAX early in the morning on Thursday, July 28th...will be in Nashville until Monday, Aug.1st... I will visit friends and family in Maryland,, Connecticut and Boston before flying to LA from Boston on Aug. 9th...email me if you think you want to go to Nashville on the same flight...wouldn't THAT be FUN !!!!!

Emily
Posted By: Jean Bullock Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/02/05 12:03 AM
I just checked airline ticket prices. I can only afford half of it. I was hoping someone would be driving and I could go along and help with the driving and gas.

But next year, I may be able to swing it, finally.
Posted By: Bill Robinson Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/02/05 02:59 AM
So, Em

Are you gonna make us wait or you gonna tell us which songs.
If you don't tell us I'll just ask Bobbie.

------------------

Bill
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/02/05 03:41 AM
Glad you enjoyed those photos, Emily. I haven't had time to take many photos this summer. Nothing but the puppy, that is. [Linked Image]

------------------

Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/02/05 06:08 AM
Hi, Bill

okay...I'll tell you which ones I am peforming at Pineyfest:

Til I Know Your Will
House at the End of the Road
Big Toe of Faith

There could be more by then...who knows! [Linked Image]

Bobbie ROCKS!!

Emily

P.S. I will also be performing songs form my CD, "Sheltering Wind", as well as a few new ones...should be fun!

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 07-05-2005).]
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/02/05 06:55 AM
Jean,

I totally understand your situation. It is so expensive to fly. I wouldn't even be making this trip if my mother hadn't generously shared some frequent flyer miles with me.

Here's an idea for next year:
Let's start "Pineyfest WEST"

What do you think??!

Emily

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 07-01-2005).]
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/04/05 04:07 PM
(Quote) Here's an idea for next year:
Let's start "Pineyfest WEST"

I don't know what Jean thinks , but "I" think it's a good idea. I even started a little song to put on your advertising brochures--------------

Come to Pineyfest West
West is the best
This is the place you should be
'Course the ground it may shake
Bridges may break
And you could slide off into the sea

<G>
Wy

[This message has been edited by Wyman Lloyd (edited 07-04-2005).]
Posted By: Richard Scott Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/04/05 07:18 PM
oh well.... the guy who may cancel his leave was scheduled for the second week of august so i guess i'm still SOL!! LOL y'all enjoy yourselves!! [Linked Image] scotty
Posted By: Bill Robinson Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/04/05 07:51 PM
Excellent choices Em.
I recall all three. All very good songs.
I am looking forward to this.

------------------

Bill
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/04/05 08:06 PM
Howdy Ya'all...guess you can see why I "hired" Em to be Pineyfest PR Manager this year!! She is amazing...and hey, the price ws right!! [Linked Image] Now I ain't sayin' that she's cheap..LOL but a li'l blackmail goes a long ways. And Em...my lips are sealed!! [Linked Image]

Jean and Scotty...I am real sorry you can't make it this year. We will miss you...and hope you can make it in 2006.

See you all real soon!!

Hugs,
Bobbie
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/04/05 09:20 PM
Bobbie...the bill is in the mail [Linked Image] LOL

Emily
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/05/05 02:48 AM
I suppose I should ask this question, since I'm coming to Pineyfest for the first time (at least, the airline, hotel and rental car company already have my money). Emily mentioned (hi, Emily) the three songs she'd be performing at Pineyfest. How many songs are we talking about and in what kind of setting are they being performed?

Joe
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/05/05 09:22 AM
Hi, Joe!

Even though this will be my first time attending Pineyfest, I have been a JPF member since 2002, so I am a somewhat familiar with how things work for Pineyfest...But...if I get this wrong, I hope that other more experienced members will jump in here for input and clarification. After many conversations with Bobbie about Pineyfest, I hope to be able to accurately explain a few things [Linked Image]

The way I understand it....is that Bobbie has a lovely venue called "Molly's" in Centerville that we will use. There will be numerous opportunities to get up and perform. Bobbie has said that people take turns getting up and singing a song or two...depending on how many performers there are ( not all songwriters perform, as you know), there may be lots of chances to get up and share your music!!

Bobbie has also said that people share music at the hotel- and any other time they can squeeze in between the scheduled Pineyfest events...

I actually have lots of songs I wouold love to play for people during Pinetfest...am coming prepared with a lot of music.
I am hoping to do as much performing as possible [Linked Image]

Hope this helps...see you soon!

Emily
emilysanders.net
http://cdbaby.com/cd/emilysanders

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=CDB0893500012

Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/05/05 06:52 PM
Hi, Everyone,

Here are a few more Pineyfest details:

- Pineyfest was founded in 2001 by Bobbie Gallup and Corky (Dawg) Bernard. The first Pineyfest was a bit of a wedding celebration for Bobbie and Dawg, as they met on these boards [Linked Image]

- The first Pineyfest was held at their house, which is near the beautiful Piney River.

- Bobbie and Dawg graciously hosted this event for the next three years, which included songwriters' workshops ( given by some impressive names in the songwriting community), and performances...and just plain fun!

- Everyone I have talked to who has been to Pineyfest says it is a great way to meet JPF members, share music, support other songwriters, learn, and have LOTS of fun!

- Sadly, Dawg passed away unexpectedly last July. It is a great tribute to Dawg and Bobbie to continue this unique event, as they both have generously given so much to the songwriting community... Dawg would have wanted it to continue, I am sure!

- If there are any of who who've been to past Pineyfest events, and you have something to add here... please share your fabulous stories!

- This year, attendees will receive a Pineyfest souvenir, which I designed and produced.

See you soon!

Emily
emilysanders.net

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=CDB0893500012
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/05/05 11:07 PM
Ooo, souvenirs. I like bringing back souvenirs of distant planets (like Tennessee). Thank you, Emily.

Joe

[This message has been edited by roxhythe (edited 07-05-2005).]
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/06/05 01:00 AM
I just read an email from Bobbie with a few important corrections. Bobbie writes:

"... the first one (Pineyfest) wasn't held at our house....when we got over 100 people telling us they were coming, our landlady Jane, didn't want us to have it here due to liability, so we moved it to the Dickson Holiday Inn, where it was held the first two years. However, we sort of informally invited folks to drop by here at the house for breakfast...and almost everybody showed up here anyway...sat out on the front porch and picked and sang and had a good time..and ate a lot of Dawg's biscuits and sausage. Then we moved over to the Holiday Inn for the evening. Brian Austin Whitney showed up for the first one...and brought along a bunch of mentors..which was greatly appreciated. That is how I met Pete & Pat Luboff, Barbara Cloyd, Nancy Moran, Fett, etc.

The reason for the whole shindig was because everybody on the board wanted to come to our wedding...which, being as how it was going to be a small affair at my ranch in the mountains, we said...wait till we get to Nashville and we will have a party and invite everybody....and Pineyfest was born."

--Sorry for the error!

Emily

Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/06/05 01:06 AM
Hi, Wyman,

I'm sorry I missed your post....yeah, let's write that song about Pineyfest WEST...who knows...this song could be huge!

Although, it does kind of scare people away from California...the stereotype of us only haivng earthquakes, floods and landslides is an unfair picture of a very beautiful state...where there are some wonderful people...just my opinion... [Linked Image]

Emily

Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/06/05 01:09 AM
Hi, Joe,

Thanks for the kind words. It's easy to do nice things for Bobbie; she's one of the most generous people I know, and a very dear friend...The souvenirs are small, but very personal for Pineyfest and it's history.

See you very soon...

Emily
Posted By: Harriet Ames Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/06/05 01:13 AM
I see you've already corrected the first Pineyfest info..
good to see Bobbie and I pretty much have our stories straight [Linked Image]

actually..........
the first Pineyfest was originally PLANNED to be held at Piney House.
But....due to concerns by Bobbie and Dawg's landlord about our potential huge crowd.... we held it instead at the Holiday Inn in Dickson. Although.... as was traditional that year and every year since.... a number of us drove out to the house in the morning for some of Dawg's coffee and sticky buns... and visiting.

When Dawg and Bobbie announced their plans to get married... it was going to be a fairly small ceremony at her house in Colorado... limited space... and limited advance warning.
So they said that once they got settled into the Nashville area... that they would have a "wedding reception" bash. One of our regulars back then..Judy(from Australia) was in the habit of coming over here every year for the annual Country Music Festival "Fan Fair". And she mentioned that if the gathering were to be scheduled on or near that date.... she could come. (and not have to find a way to make two trips to the States in one year) Seemed like a good excuse [Linked Image] Thus was the tradition started to hold it in June. (right before or after Fan Fair) And we did that for 3 years. (I assume there were other events that were coordinated with to have less overlap.... but not sure what they were)
Depending on the number of folks wanting to perform their songs.... we have sung anywhere from 1 to 3...maybe 4 songs each.
And as Emily mentioned... after the "official" events of the day are done... more song swapping takes place back at the motel. And in past years... we've had the mornings free to traipse out into the area...or hang out and swap songs, write new ones... or just "hang"

------------------
Harriet
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/harrietamesmusic.htm

[This message has been edited by Harriet Ames (edited 07-05-2005).]
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/06/05 01:20 AM
Thanks so much, Harriet! Glad to have your seal of approval [Linked Image]

Looking forward to seeing you!

Emily
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/06/05 04:44 AM
Emily:

If California is considered too strange (yes, parts of it are quite beautiful--and normal), there's always Oregon. I doubt I could hold everybody in my one-bedroom-plus-recording-studio trailer, but we might be able to work something out with some of the neighbors.

Joe
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/06/05 01:38 PM
Thanks for the offer, Joe! [Linked Image]
Pineyfest WEST could happen!

Emily
Posted By: "Tampa Stan" Good (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/06/05 05:55 PM
Sorry I've been Away for Awhile...& Life's gettin' too hectic in TampaLand to plan a Gettaway the end of this month, too.

But, as an Attendee of All 3 Pineyfests up to this year, let me add a Pair of Pennies-worth...

Bobbie & Dawg really put their Hearts into this Gathering, year after year, and it Showed. Each year somehow managed to be Even Better than the Last Year's, which was Incredible..but True. The Bernards always managed to talk some of Nashville's Biggies into attendin' our Get-Togethers, & what the Biggies had to say was VERY Inspiring. And Up-to-the-Minute.

It's also Great Fun to meet many of these Fine Folks ya Critique Here Daily. (AND party with 'em back in the Hotel Rooms--bring a Guitar, some CDs, a Blaster, and the Booze of Your Choice, & don't plan on gettin' a Lotta Sleep...)

Lastly...you're Physically SO Close to Nashville, you'll prolly wanna get away & See The Place Firsthand for yourself. It's an Ever-Changing Town, so it helps Your Career to Keep in Touch with it..ideally at least 3 times a year (I learned at One Pineyfest not Too Long Ago.)

I'd be there This Year if I Could...& if Situations Changed here a bit, I Would..even if I hadda sleep in my Car, truth be told.

Big Pineyfest Hugs,
Stan
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/06/05 07:20 PM
Hi, Stan,

It's great to hear from those of you who've participated in past Pineyfests [Linked Image]

Thanks so much for checking in...hope things are going well...

Emily
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/07/05 06:52 AM
Let's get some more "past Pineyfesters" to post stories and memories....Bob Young, IdaMarie, Bill Robinson, Tricia Baker and anyone else...I don't claim to know all of you expert Pineyfesters....... we need you!

Emily
emilysanders.net

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 07-07-2005).]
Posted By: Paul T Wentworth Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/07/05 02:51 PM
I remember last year. That's when I put the faces to the names of Tampa Stan the electric fan man, Harriet AMes,Bill Robinson, Ida Marie, Tricia, and the list goes on and on. Last but not least Bobbie and Dawg. Spent the second morning at piney house eating a full breakfast including Dawg's stickey buns. Just sat around the better part of the morning swapping stories and drinking coffee and then back to the trenches for another day of music. What a great time with fine and loving people. It's an amazing memory I won't forget.
I wish I could go this year But I've sold a house and am rehabbing another one. Its ironic cause I can fly anywhere in the USA for free courtesy of my son' employment at an airline, but I am stuck in PA for the summer and fall... soon to be moving to Phoenixville Pa. Hope to see you next year....Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul T Wentworth (edited 07-07-2005).]
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/07/05 03:07 PM
Man I'm in the 50% club. I attended the first two but missed last year and will have to miss this year again...

But to all who can make it, do try, and for all who do make it, I wish you all the best.
Posted By: Bill Robinson Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/07/05 03:52 PM
Last year was my first Pineyfest. I hope to see many more.
I met some great folks and made some new friends.
Dawg and Bobbie were the biggest surprise. Two of the nicest folks I ever met. I have been back to Centerville twice since then. For Dawg's (Corky Bernards) memorial service and once to spend time with Jim (Molly's Place Owner) in his recording studio.
Everyone I met in Centerville were great folks. If I had my choice I would move there.

I videotaped most of the performers and had the video clips up on my website. I have since taken them down except for the few seconds I had of Dawg and my own performance of one of my songs.
I still have them on hard drive. If anyone wants to see them I can put them back up. My favorites were Ida Marie doing Mustang Sally and Bob Young and Michelle's Bongette performance.
A great time was had by all and I am looking forward to this year.
For the ones that were there last year that can't make it. We will miss you. For anyone new I am looking forward to meeting you.

------------------

Bill
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/07/05 07:20 PM
Hi, Paul,

Thanks for stoppin' by...always great to hear from ya! [Linked Image] Thanbks for adding to the stories here....We 'll miss you this year...and hope that those who missed it this year will come the following year!

Emily
emilysanders.net
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/07/05 07:22 PM
Hi there, John,

You will be missed this year...thanks for chiming in.... [Linked Image] It's fun to hear about JPF'rs who've been to Pineyfest...

Emily
emilysanders.net
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/07/05 07:27 PM
Hi, Bill,

Thanks so much for your stories about Pineyfest... How wonderful that you have video of some very special moments with Dawg...very special.

I agree with you about the wonderful people in the area, but then I am a southerner at heart [Linked Image]
For Bobbie and Dawg to have started this ..is so unique- and very exciting!

Dawg's legacy of kindness and humor lives on in his friends' hearts.

Glad that you can make it this year....should be lots of fun!

Emily
emilysanders.net

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 07-07-2005).]
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/07/05 09:54 PM
Ok...where are all you Pineyposters today??!

bump
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/08/05 04:11 AM
"Pineyposters"--I like that. This Pineyposter is working, trying to tie up enough stuff so he can take 3 days' vacation to go there. We haven't even thought about the Pineypacking yet...

Joe
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/08/05 06:54 AM
Hey Joe...just wait till you start "festering"...it only gets worse! [Linked Image]

Bobbie
Posted By: Cindy Miller Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/08/05 04:52 PM
Hi all, I'm a 33 1/3% Pineyfester. I attended the first and what I can only imagine was the best. No one knew what to expect, so the there were absolutely no expectations. Most of us didn't even know what the others were going to look like. Sure, a few of us like Anthony Torres, Johnjohn Voorpostal(I call him Gonepostal), Ria and I had met the year before in Detroit, so we recognized each other. But for the most part, we were flying blind.

It was fun looking around the room and hearing people say, "Hey look, that's Chris Dasch, or that's Iddy Biddy" etc. It was like being an excited and ready Virgin at an orgy. [Linked Image]

Favorite moments, there were many many many, really too many to mention. It started out with my flight from Iowa to North Carolina where Ria and I drove to Nashville, what a trip! Then arriving (late because I was reading the map) and seeing Johnjohn across the parking lot and running into his arms... (Okay, so I stopped to rest halfway there, that's alright). After that, we checked into our room (A.K.A. the room of debauchery) which we shared with Erica... not a lot of sleep happened there. Our memorable trip to the Emergency room (they had doctors... right there in the hospital! What a concept), Tampa Stan's acapella in the dark (the night the lights went out in Dickson), the minners, being the FIRST Bongette - I had no idea what to expect, but LOVED every minute of it.

So many many great moments... but my favorite, climbing inside Dawg's heart and cuddling up to his and Bobbie's hospitality, graciousness, sense of humour, generosity, humor, sticky buns... oh I could go on and on. I get misty-eyed just typing this.

If there was a way, I'd wrap up all those beautiful memories and put them in a snow globe, shake it up when things got tough and watch the smiles and laughter dance around.

Next to the words "Best Time Ever" in the dictionary is a picture of the Dickson Holiday Inn and Dawg and Bobbie's beautiful country home next to the Piney River.

To all that can, I say, "GO, go, and enjoy!" The first year I couldn't go back, me and fellow Pineyfesters Chuck Crowe and Erica wrote a song, Pining for Pineyfest and sent it by mail to Bobbie to play at the shindig. We weren't there in body, but we were there in song!

Ironically, I will be in Colorado during Pineyfest, so sadly, I won't be able to make the trip this year. But since Bobbie hales from Colorado, I'm sure I'll feel ya, girl!

Miss you all!
[Linked Image] Tink
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/08/05 07:39 PM
TINK -

Thanks so much for checking in with some wonderful memories and stories...Loved it!! Surely they will inpsire others to come to Pineyfest [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 12:49 AM
Has anyone written a song that was inspired the weekend of Pineyfest?

Emily
Posted By: Cindy Miller Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 01:08 AM
I wrote this the morning after I got home from the first Pineyfest

Just a lil sumthin to 'splain how I feel now that I'm home.... fresh ink.
My Heart’s Still In Tennessee
Cindy Miller
© 2002

(A)
Been riding the clouds for hours
And reliving each day as it passed
What once seemed like a distant star
Now lives only in photographs
Wasn’t sure how much I’d remember
Or realize how painful it’d be
To return to my old day to day
When my heart’s still in Tennessee

(A)
I’m back here on solid ground
I know I’m long overdue
My arms have hugged my children
And I’ve unpacked a bag or two
My baby and I reconnected
And I’ve phoned all my family
Iowa’s where I’ve ended up
But my heart’s still in Tennessee

(B)
When the rest of the world is quiet
My mind slowly shifts gears
I’ll remember the places, familiar faces
For the rest of my laughing years

(A)
Can’t see past tomorrow
Cause I’m living in yesterday
Don’t wanna forget a moment
Or let sadness get in the way
No amount of space or time
Will erase all the memories
Not sure when, but I’ll go back again
Cause my heart’s still in Tennessee

This is for all of us who couldn't be at Pineyfest this year. Maybe next year!

Pining for Pineyfest
©2003.Molz/Miller/Crowe

I remember it all so well
Those damn minners musta swam upstream
Cause Ricki laughed till she split her stitches
As we partied in room 119

I still haven't figured out
How we got around to hardwood floors
All we know is that Bob and the Bongette
Kept us coming back for more

(build)
And I'd give almost anything to hear
Another story ‘bout how Blake met Tracy in mid-air

(Chorus)

We're pining for Pineyfest
God, we wish we were there
Hanging out with JPFers
Breathing in that Dixon air
We were too broke to make it
And it broke our hearts in two
Cause we're pining for Pineyfest
Pineyfest with you

Thought I was a guitar guy
Till I heard Arvel ticklin' his fiddle
And I don't think I've ever
Laughed so hard or slept so little

Tampa Stan brought down the house
Singing acapella in the dark Dickson night
Tears and deep conversation
Kept us girls up till morning light

(Build)
Now I'd give almost anything to be
Hugging my second family in Tennessee

(Repeat chorus)

(Bridge)
Music is the glue that binds our distant hearts
So sing loud enough for us to hear it
Raise your glasses and toast to the art
"N know we're there with you in spirit

(Repeat chorus)

(As you can tell, there's lots of "inside jokes" in this one.)
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 01:25 AM
My name is John Voorpostel and I'm a Pineyfester.

All together..... Hiiii Johhhhnnn

Some lyrics spawned by Pineyfesting

DETROIT 2001 (pre Pineyfest)

Ria was talking about only wanting a part time man..........

swept away by consuala
© 2001 John Voorpostel

I take other people’s money
selling bibles from my car
all my days spent on the road
lord knows I’ve travelled far
I have to spend each and every night
in a different hotel
I might be selling holy books
but I’m living inside hell

one day’s inn outside dearborn
so tired I’d even sleep on the floor
my eyes opened wide when I saw her
she was waiting there by the door
now it doesn’t seem so long ago
I thought I would never win
but here she was, checking me out
as I was checking in

swept away by consuala
she looked great in her uniform
I tell you I’ve been looking for a woman like her
since the day that I was born
but you know how it goes she broke my heart
the way only a woman can
when she finished cleaning dirt from my lonely road
she said I only want a part time man

so I poured my heart out to basil habib
he worked the front desk night ‘till noon
even cornered two hicks from podunk iowa
we had a hell of a party in my room
I thanked them profusely for trashing my place
gave a bsh to seendie millah
then I went stood outside my motel door
and I waited for consuala

swept away by consuala
I wanted her out of her uniform
I tell you I’ve been looking for a woman like her
but you know how it goes she broke my heart
the way that only a woman can

yeah she broke my heart
the way that only
a desirable woman can
after she cleaned me up
she threw me out

swept away by consuala
I couldn’t keep her out of uniform
though I told her I’d been looking for a woman like her
now you know how it goes she went and broke my heart
the way that only a woman can

Getting ready for Pineyfest I.... You have to know, Dawg was a master chef

dawgy cordon bleu
© 2002 John Voorpostel

there’s a party going down and I’m needing something different for my guests
need a menu that’ll get em all excited one they’ll never quite forget
one that matches drinking hard from my bathtub that’s just full of my home brew
I think I got it, I’ll just whip em up a batch of my dawgy cordon bleu

first the spices must be bought but I need to find em in a bigger town
ain’t nothing round here fitting that description and they ain’t growing in my ground
my sweet bobbie she ain’t heard about em said she’d come along learn something new
she promised she be helping whip em up a batch of my dawgy cordon bleu

here we go oregano, tumeric and some bay leaf for the taste
perriwinkle and a dash of pepper then some saffron adds that grace
mix it all in moonshine marinade that makes it easier to chew
and we’re well on our way to whipping up a batch of my dawgy cordon bleu

now let it stand under the sun, add some sugar, and stir it now and then
a short week later add potaters and some veggies its now a savory blend
now add a fire and some yeast, let it cool, and let it all ferment
when that’s finally done its ready for my secret dawgy ingredient

here poochy poochy I got something for you, got it right here behind my back
yeah poochy poochy ya got something that’ll put this recipe right on track
yeah I love so very much I want to share you with my friends so now adieu
phew t’was hard work but I’m ready for my guests I’ve got my dawgy cordon bleu

and the classic and much demanded song spawned by the debauchery in Tink, Ria and Erica's room

hardwood floors
© 2002 john voorpostel

I’m a working man I’m in my prime
I go fishing ‘cause it eases my mind
you see me getting up early each day
I’m proud of what I do I’m good at my trade

I renovate don’t do windows or doors
I’m happiest laying hardwood floors
carpets or runners don’t do it for me
hardwood lines are so shiny and clean

when I was young I could do five every day
until I realized technique is the way
to keep the customer satisfied
now my referrals have multiplied

don't get rug burn anymore
now that I’m laying hardwood floors

the busy young men simply can’t compete
they leave their customers wanting me
when women realize the mistake in their ways
they call my number and they leave me a page

yeah its the old argument about quantity and quality
that leaves em all wanting and calling for me

ahh I just love to get down on a hardwood floor

[This message has been edited by John Voorpostel (edited 07-08-2005).]
Posted By: Cindy Miller Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 02:05 AM
Jeez, I miss you Johnjohn! Reading these lyrics is like coming home...

BSH,
[Linked Image] Tink
Posted By: Cindy Miller Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 02:09 AM
'N who could forget, our friend, who shall remain nameless (unless she comes forward [Linked Image] ), the "Card Carrying Nudist".

I'm still wondering where she puts that card! [Linked Image]
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 02:40 AM
A BSH back atcha Tinkapooh.... aren't you glad I didn't post the lyric about your "panty vigilante"....

PS I think you just lift and you'll find it ....but you have to ask her real politely first [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by John Voorpostel (edited 07-08-2005).]
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 07:15 AM
Well, John and TINK,

You certainly know how to spice up these boards [Linked Image] Those are some HOT lyrics!!

They truly capture some pretty special moments at past Pineyfests...makes me wonder just what type of song I might get inspired to write in Tennessee [Linked Image]

Thank so much for contruibuting to this trip down memory lane...wonderful lyrics..

Emily
emilysanders.net
Posted By: Harriet Ames Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 07:58 AM
arrrghhhh!
must I explain it again? [Linked Image]
You only need to carry the card when you're wearing clothes.
Once you get nekkid, it's rather obvious whether you're a "real" nudist. Too many tan lines give away the wanna-be's LOL

------------------
Harriet
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 03:34 PM
Gave me a laugh Harriet. And only one cuppa' coffee. That all sounds perfectly logical to me. I think there's song title there too--
"She Was Just A Wanna-be" Or "He Was Just A Wanna-be". It could go alot of directions.
Wy
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 04:49 PM
Jeepers Ms Emily, and I consciously left out the lyric that rolled a bunch of stuff into one, like Tinks run in with the panty vigilante, Ria's (Elizabeth Marquez, not Jamaica Ria) obsession with the question, why do men want to see two women... ahem ... together, and the return engagement of Basil Habib....yes it all did happen in the Motor City

Now that one's hot n spicy [Linked Image]

Oh and Harriet, thanks for the pointers. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Cindy Miller Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 05:31 PM
Ahhh, yes, the Panty Vigilante! Underwear or no underwear, that is the question...

That was sooo funny that Basil Habib knew my name when I walked in the door, Seendee Meelah!

And do you remember the day we wanted to pose as "Location Scouts" and walk into those beautiful homes in Gross Point?

hee hee hee...

And let's not forget "Pickled Tink".

Oh and thanks Harriet, for refreshing my memory. That was one hilarious night of laughter. We had fun playing volleyball with those purple latex gloves, too, didn't we? [Linked Image] You can't take me anywhere, not even an emergency room!
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 07:48 PM
Card carrying nuudists?!! Panty Vigilantes?!!

oh MY...this is a much wilder crowd than I expected LOL

Emily
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 08:35 PM
Gee Tink, location scouting huh.... when I was looking at those houses, I was too busy trying to keep amigaRia from grabbing the steering wheel.....John look out!!!! [Linked Image]

But Detroit was no Pineyfest. Man that has some good memories. Apart from some real good music by some fabulously festering folks, the industry presentations, its the people who make it. Both Pineyfests I made it to were attended by dozens of like minded, down to earth, just plain nice people... sharing, gelling, and yeah, party on kinda people.

I'm sure a fresh set of wonderful memories are in store for this year.
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/09/05 10:17 PM
Great stories, guys and gals. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

I'm still not sure I understand the "card-carrying nudist." That strikes me as a contradicition in terms (like, say, "military intelligence"). If the nudist is sans clothing, isn't it pretty obvious, anyway? (And in that case, shouldn't the "card" be a tattoo?) And if they've got clothes on, who cares? (If they really wanted to, they could always wear a button--or a T-shirt!--that read "Nudist Undercover.")

No wonder Detroit became such an un-happenin' place. Y'all left...

Joe
www.soundclick.com/bands/7/joewrabekmusic.htm

[This message has been edited by roxhythe (edited 07-09-2005).]
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/10/05 03:29 AM
MMMMMM Tinkapooh, my memory might be failing, my fantasies might be playing tricks on me, or I might want to be Larry for a few hours, .... but as I recall, the real question was, are you a true blonde.... then again, there are those hardwood floors to consider... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by John Voorpostel (edited 07-09-2005).]
Posted By: Teri Foreman-Black Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/11/05 02:21 AM
Hey Bobbie!

I know, long time, no posting! I don't call, I don't write, I don't send Philly cheesesteaks! A huge hi and hug to you and Dawg!

Best wishes for 2005 Pineyfest!
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/11/05 09:12 PM
17 more days 'till Pineyfest [Linked Image]

Who else is coming??

Emily
Posted By: behindthecouch Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/11/05 10:56 PM
Cool...

------------------
Buy "hurricane" CD at:
http://www.cdbaby.com/behindthecouch

www.behindthecouch.net
Posted By: Anthony Torres Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/12/05 10:36 AM
Ahhh yes, Pineyfest. As a callow impetuous youth of 31, I attended it in 2002, and it was indeed a blast. To have talked with all sorts of diverse people online, then have them all gathered in one place in person was an awesome experience. [Linked Image] And it was Bobbie and Dawg's generosity that made it all possible.

If I had more time and more inclination, I could post enough here again to become a known entity, and then eventually attend another Pineyfest. But I don't think it could ever be as good as the one back in 2002. Reading this thread has brought back a lot of good memories. I just finished my first lyric in three months, and once I carve out some time to critique, I think I'll post it-- not so much to get critiques, but to try and relive just a little of that JPF brotherhood. [Linked Image]

Anthony
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/12/05 06:18 PM
Ooohhh...Anthony!! It is so great to hear from you again. I'd wondered what ever happened to you. You darn well better start posting again. I don't have many folks to pick on these days!! Wy has turned into an ol' softie, and Graham posts elsewhere. [Linked Image] This place is still great...new faces, different places, but still the same family. The doors are always open.

Bobbie
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/13/05 01:07 AM
I sure hope that Andy doesn't get wind of these attacks on my curmudgonry. He'd be liable to bust me clear down to neophyte
Well, if nobody snitches, I'll probably be ok
And,uh Emily, I see they named that next big storm that's brewing after you. I guess there's no real reason for that though, huh? <G>
Wy
(Quote)Ooohhh...Anthony!! It is so great to hear from you again. I'd wondered what ever happened to you. You darn well better start posting again. I don't have many folks to pick on these days!! Wy has turned into an ol' softie, and Graham posts elsewhere. This place is still great...new faces, different places, but still the same family. The doors are always open.
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/13/05 01:12 AM
LOL I was wonderin' if'n you would see that li'l note, Wy. [Linked Image] I should'a known better'n to pick on you in public. I'm glad you said that to Em, not me!! LOL but you know I was wonderin' the same thing about that big wind a blowin' down south. Can't just be a coincidence...nah!! Your curmudgeonry is still intact with me, Wy. No permanent harm done!! LOL

Hugs,
Bobbie
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/13/05 04:09 AM
Hi, Wyman,

I have been getting phone calls and emails all day about that name of the next storm...hmmm....no comment [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/13/05 04:39 AM
Bobbie...

I KNEW you'd mention that one LOL

Just so you know, the name Emily means
"industrious, eager, admiring....."

Hardly a mean storm, if I do say so myself [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/13/05 04:57 AM
Of course Emily your name does not mean a storm.

Sanders is what they use to smooth the rough edges on plywood before they nail em over the windows so they don't get blown out in a storm. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anthony Torres Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/13/05 10:36 AM
Hi, Bobbie. [Linked Image] How nice of you to reply. I imagine I'll post here again sometime, but probably not as often as before. All that lyric-writing and critiquing got to be a grind, so I stepped off the hamster wheel and, apart from some posts at a couple other boards, I've stayed off. I've always loved the camaraderie here, though. I miss it.

So what's this about Graham posting elsewhere? Tell that [insert colorful Aussie slang term for "traitor"-- I bet there is one [Linked Image] ] to come back!!!

Anthony
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/14/05 06:55 AM
Just so you know....there is a FABULOUS schedule of events for Pineyfest 4
...Bobbie sent it to me today...

Great opportunity to hear some real experts tlak about the Nashville scene and the music business...

Emily
Posted By: Chuck Crowe Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/14/05 09:13 AM
Hey!!! Well I can't wait to hear about this year's Pineyfestivities!! Hope ya'll have a blast. I remember how much fun it was back at Pineyfest I... Sorry I can't make it 'cuz I'll be out on the road... so break a string for me! [Linked Image]

Unka Chuck

------------------
http://www.chuckcrowe.com
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/athabaxtra.htm
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/14/05 07:20 PM
Aw, shucks, Chuck...we'll really miss ya!

Let's try to connect one of these days in LA [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: Bill Osofsky Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/14/05 07:32 PM
Emily,

Can we get the schedule posted?

Bill
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/14/05 07:47 PM
Hi, Bill,

Bobbie is in the process of finalizing the times for some of the presenters who have limited time to attend, so I am waiting to hear from her before posting specific times.

Thursday night will be a "reception" and check in, as many folks (myself included) are coming in from out of town...The workshops and presentations are on Friday and Saturday.

Will keep you posted and get information out to everyone as soon as I get an ok from Bobbie! [Linked Image] See you soon!!

Emily

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 07-14-2005).]
Posted By: Idamarie Naelitz (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/15/05 06:23 AM
Hi, all of you PineyFesters and all of you newbie Festers,
Sorry I have been absent from the board for so long. I just read this whole post, and I ran the gamut of emotions as I recalled my wonderful times at all of the Piney Fests and the great friends I was able to actually hug. I know I will leave out a lot of you close ones, as I name some of my good buddies, but I hugged first of all, Bobbie and Dawg, my roomie and no, I never saw her naked (yet) Harriet,Mary Ann, Kaley, Trish, Tinkala, the original Bongette,John, the teddy bear man, Tampa Stan, My good friends, Judy and Pete from down under, Nigel, talented Bob Young, Bill R, Paul W, Michelle, my sweet picture man, John Rogers,My handsome one, still handsome? Pete, and Anthony, Jim Troutman and wife, a class act, Ria, a little honey, Barbara, Cloyd, actually a very sensitive and caring lady, Sara and family, Dan, the man, Mike Dunbar, Terri Lyn, and a hundred more, at least. I will miss you all of you guys this year. I would love to meet you too Emily. You sound like you know how to have a good time too and I am glad you will be helping Bobbie this year as is my buddy Harriet. Bobbie works so hard to make this a memorable and a seriously worthwhile project for budding songwriters. Here is my bad news. I just came from the neurosurgeon and he has decided that I need a few adjustments to my spine for all this back pain to go away. Last year, I was so fortunate to be able to bring my brother and some friends with me from Ohio and we had a great time. We had some good sessions in Tom's room after hours. He had open house and we all sang and played all night. My brother passed away suddenly, just after Dawg did, so I know they will both be watching over the festivities this year. I miss him so much and I will sorely miss being there with all of you this year, but, I will be thinking about you all and praying that you all have a fabulous Pineyfest and safe trips to and from the parties. I had a couple of rousing songs for you this year that I will have to hold over for next year, That Country Thang and Ain't No Music On Mars. Hopefully, the surgeon will carve off a few inches of my excess fat and add a couple of inches to my hieght, a little botox in the right places and I will be good to go for singin Mustang Sally with you all next year!! sorry I didn't get all your names in, but, Hugs to you all!! Idamarie
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/15/05 07:35 AM
Hi, IdaMarie,

I have heard so many wonderful things about you and your music from Bobbie and Harriet...I hope to meet you sometime ! [Linked Image]

I am very sorry to hear that you are having some health problems and that you'll miss Pineyfest this year...you will surely be missed, as you are one of the people who knows Pineyfest and it's origins so well.

Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you quick healing and a very speedy recovery.

Emily
Posted By: Harriet Ames Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/15/05 09:42 AM
oohhhhhhh Ida!
I've never been to a pineyfest without you!
I will keep your spirit alive there. (but no.... I won't be singing Mustang Sally!... you'll have to come back next year and do that yourself. [Linked Image]
and yes... you better come next year or else I might be forced to come up to Ohio and hunt you down!

------------------
Harriet
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/15/05 09:32 PM
Just want to say that there are 13 more days 'til Pineyfest [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/16/05 06:24 AM
I want to remind those coming to Pineyfest
to bring your origianl songs, CD's, to sell/ exchange, guitars, business cards, cameras and funny stories....

I will be bringing those items..plus my map of the Nashville area..as Bobbie will tell you...I am geographically challenged [Linked Image]

See you there!

Emily
Posted By: Joanne Lurgio Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/16/05 03:27 PM
Sounds like I am missing an awful lot of fun. [Linked Image] I have never been to a Pineyfest.
Maybe something I should think about for next year!
Hope you all have tons of fun!
Joanne
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/18/05 10:19 AM
Thanks for checking in, Joanne....This will be my first time attending Pineyfest...The one thing that really inspired me to do it was meeting some of the folks from these boards in person at the last JPF Awards show...there are some wonderful people in this organization!

Hope you can make it next year...... [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: Calvin Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/18/05 12:29 PM
Sorry I can't make it either, but someday I would like to meet all the nice people in person, that I've been hangin' out with for the past few years.
I know you'll all have a great time, & I'm jealous I'm not able to be there.

Calvin
Posted By: Andy K Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/18/05 07:52 PM
I just found out about this. I'll be in Nashville the next more than two weeks and just happen to have open days July 29 and 30. So I plan to be there.

For those of you who don't remember me, I was Tampa Stan's roommate and chauffeur at last year's JPF awards in LA and an occasional cowriter of his.

See you there!

------------------
Stone Marmot
experimental pop-rock
www.stonemarmot.com
www.soundclick.com/bands/4/stonemarmotmusic.htm
Posted By: James B. Mitchell Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/18/05 08:57 PM
Looks like I won't make it this year, but I do appreciate the invite! Have a great time, everyone, and tell us all about it (with whatever censoring that propriety and good taste might call for ;^) ).

-- James
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/18/05 10:58 PM
James and Calvin...sorry to miss you this year...hope you can make it next year!

Emily
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/18/05 11:00 PM
Dear Andy,

I remember meeting you at the JPF Awards!!!

I'm so glad you can come to Pineyfest...it will be lots of fun!! See you there! [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: Bill Osofsky Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/19/05 12:02 AM
Bobbie,

Could you possibly post directions from I40 to the Days Inn and Mollie's? Dawg almost got me lost last year cause he didn't run the directions by you first,ha. But I can't find them.

Bill
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/19/05 12:42 AM
And I come in Wednesday night. What should I expect to be happening then (or Thursday morning)? And where? And is there someone I should call.

Expectant Tourist Joe
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/19/05 06:56 AM
I think I still have my directions around here somewhere. If I locate them, I'll scan and post them someplace and add a link to them. [Linked Image] DAMN! I hate I'm going to miss it this year.

------------------

Posted By: Harriet Ames Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/19/05 10:22 AM
I have several copies of the map hat Bobbie and Dawg drew up last year with directions to Molly's and their house from the Day's Inn.
But of course you'd have to get there first LOL

Joe....
I will already be in town by the time you arrive. (I fly in this friday for a variety of things) and wed is the first night I spend at the motel. I will put some maps at the front desk.
I assume, that those of us that have arrived by then will gather out at Bobbie's house.
at least we have in the past.

------------------
Harriet
Posted By: Bob Young (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/19/05 11:36 AM
Joe...

I plan to get there Wed afternoon...my cell phone is 847 476 BMFY...I can't remember those numbers..it stands for Bob Mother ----ing Young....

Give me a call and we'll see if we can hook up

Bob Young
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/19/05 07:01 PM
DIRECTIONS TO CENTERVILLE:
Take I-40 West from Nashville towards Memphis.
Exit at Dickson/Centerville Exit at TN Hwy 46 (by the Dickson Holiday Inn)
Turn LEFT on Hwy 46
Go approx 5 miles south to first stop light. That will be at Hwy 100.
Turn RIGHT on Hwy 100.
After you reach Centerville, watch for the FIRST FEDERAL BANK on the RIGHT. The DAYS INN is right behind the bank. There is a little drive just past the bank. Turn RIGHT there and you will be at the Days Inn.

To reach MOLLY'S...continue on Hwy 100 until you cross the big bridge over the Duck River and up the hill to the stop sign.
The stop sign will be at the Square in Centerville. You can't miss that.

If you look kitty corner across the Square you will see a building on the opposite corner with dark red awnings. That is the Centerville Jewelry Company.

Molly's is locate below the CJC. The entrance is around the back. To get there, park on the Square and walk down the little alley between CJC and the Shell station. There is no sign for Molly's except at the back of the building. But trust me...LOL it IS there!!

See ya'all there.

Hugs,
Bobbie

[This message has been edited by Bobbie Gallup (edited 07-19-2005).]
Posted By: Bill Osofsky Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/19/05 07:28 PM
Thanks, Bobbie. And yes, Molly' s IS there. [Linked Image]

Bill
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/20/05 09:38 AM
Thanks for posting these directions, Bobbie!

I sure am glad that Harriet is driving, since I have no idea where I am going!!!!

See you SOON !

*Emily
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/20/05 04:46 PM
LOL Em...do you have any idea how funny that sounds, coming from someone who navigates the Santa Monica Freeway on a daily basis??? [Linked Image] Just be thankful I didn't route everyone down Hwy 48 instead. LOL Though it is shorter by a few miles...and very scenic, I am also aware that drivers who tend to get intimidated have been known to turn around and go home on that road. I drive it all the time but it isn't something I recommend for anyone unfamiliar with the territory...at night...or after imbibing ANY alcohol! It's probably ok for anyone with the last name of Earnhardt or Waltrip, but that is Tennessee for ya! [Linked Image]

I am getting so excited! See you next week!!

Hugs,
Bobbie
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/21/05 04:25 AM
http://photos23.flickr.com/27460559_26b065bca8.jpg

I found the map!! [Linked Image] Guess I was too late, but I'll post it anyway.

------------------

Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/21/05 11:26 PM
Hi, Bobbie!

FYI - I try to stay off of the Santa Monica freeway as much as I can [Linked Image]

But...it is true that I have the world's worst sense of direction...which is why Harriet's offer to drive is a good idea [Linked Image]

Did you send me the edits for the schedule yet? Let me know...

See ya in a week!!!!

**Emily

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 07-21-2005).]
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/21/05 11:28 PM
Just wondering: Anyone here know what the record is for the thread with the biggest number of posts?

I think this one is a contender [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: kellyk Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/22/05 07:19 AM
Thanks for the tip, Bobbie! I'll be coming in ol' Hwy 48 Friday, Saturday or both and I look forward to meeting all you Pineyfesters.

Kelly Kessler

>Just be thankful I didn't route everyone down Hwy 48 instead. LOL Though it is shorter by a few miles...and very scenic, I am also aware that drivers who tend to get intimidated have been known to turn around and go home on that road...It's probably ok for anyone with the last name of Earnhardt or Waltrip, but that is Tennessee for ya!<

------------------
Kelly Kessler
www.kellykessler.com
www.melungeonrecords.com
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/22/05 07:32 AM
Hi, Kelly,

Welcome to Just Plain Folks [Linked Image]

I just checked out your web site...very nice!

I look forward to meeting you and hearing your music at Pineyfest!

Emily
emilysanders.net

Posted By: kellyk Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/22/05 07:47 AM
Hey, Emily-

Thanks for the welcome! I enjoy how much heart you share here on the boards and I look forward to meeting you too. And good luck (when the time comes) with Pineyfest West - do you have someplace sufficiently piney out there?

best,
Kelly

------------------
Kelly Kessler
www.kellykessler.com
www.melungeonrecords.com
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/22/05 08:16 AM
Thanks, Kelly -

I truly appreciate your kind compliment about my participation on the boards; the people I have met in Just Plain Folks
have inspired me in ways that can't be described in words [Linked Image]

This is a great community!

See you soon...

Emily
emilysanders.net

[This message has been edited by Emily Sanders (edited 07-22-2005).]

Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/22/05 05:43 PM
[Linked Image] Five days 'til Pineyfest [Linked Image]

Emily
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/23/05 05:24 AM
I hope that all of you have been following Bobbie's updates...she keeps meeting more and more cool songwriters...and some of them are coming to Pineyfest!

Be sure to check the thread here called "Pineyfest Schedule."

Emily

Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: PINEYFEST Rooms...ALERT!! - 07/23/05 05:48 PM
Well..I'm packin' for Nashville....see ya'll soon! [Linked Image]

Emily
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards