JPF Home Page
{Waal, I'm BAACK...after a Longgg Trek Northwards to record a 'Nam Remembrance CD with Mike Dunbar's Brilliant Assist..then a 50th HS Reunion up in Berea Ohio.
Both of which were Wonderful..tho both made me feel I'm getting Quite Ancient, &, of course, I am... DID get this Hook along the way...to maybe Balance Things Out a bit...& I'll abbreviate the Hook..so I can get to bed earlier..heh!}

They'll only stay if You want to play...
P..K..D..& K
Chase their tails then run-away
P..K..D..& K
They'll spin-around & roll on the ground
P..K..D..& K
& Sometimes, Doze-off, Without a sound
P..K..D..& K

They're cute & cuddly & always-bubbly
P..K..D..& K
Their whole world's Beautiful, & Nothin's-Ugly
P..K..D..& K
Everything's Right & Nothing's Wrong
P..K..D..& K
& They don't damage much, 'cuz their teeth aren't strong!

(MUSICAL BRIDGE)

They cause Lots of OOO's AHHHs & Sighs
P..K..D..& K
The World takes-note when they come-by
P..K..D..& K
If they're around, easy to-relax (with)
P..K..D..& K
Makes ya wanna roll-around..on your sides & back (those)
PUPPIES..KITTENS..DUCKLINGS & KIDS

(TAG)
And give a "BOW-WOW".."MEOW"..."HI MOM" (And "QUACK")
Like those PUPPIES, KITTENS, DUCKLINGS & KIDS
Those P..K..D..& K!

(C) 2013 by Stan Good, BMI
(All Rights Reserved)

Nice. This just flowed along and the suspense was killing me, till I found out what the initials were. Really like this Stan the way you have it. Good work.
Posted By: Vicarn Re: "PUPPIES, KITTENS, DUCKLINGS & KIDS" - 08/14/13 01:56 PM
It's a shame Roger Miller can't do this one Stan.
Nice one.
Vic
Thankee Bro JT!!!

After workin' all week on sheddin' my War Demons, it felt Really Good to pen a Soft One...heh!

Still dealing with the 60+ HS Classmates who are no longer with us...but life goes on...& I sure enjoyed the Getaway...and Recordin' Again after a 5 year Hiatus! (Mike Dunbar's a Genius at creating Melodies..and the Bandmates of His sre Incredible Musicians. I'd never heard Pedal Steel contrasted with Tenor Sax before...and Lordy, is it Ever a POWERFUL Combination!)

Thanks for Your Kind Visit & Words, Amigo!
Best Wishes & a Big Guy-Hug,
Stan
G'Mornin' (Here..heh) Brother Vic!!!

Yeah, Dang It, sad Roger's no longer around..guess I'll (eventually) have to sing it!

I found myself channeling JC's Vox on the Title Song, "Stll Comin' Back from The War"...(& yeah, switched to an Elderly Roger-Miller-Vocal for "Glad I'm Better-Lookin' than My Photo I.D.",,one of 2 Comedic Numbers on the 'Nam CD....it's definitely NOT all War-Story Gruesome Rememberances. &..kinda Anti-War, overall.) Hopefully Mike'll post a few tracks for Critique when he's back on his feet again..(Since I dunno How, heh!)

Gotta scoot back to my Emptying Buildings at the Clock Shop...Bulldozers arrive to clear it all out..Dec. 1st!

Thanks for Your Kind Words & Visit, Good Buddy!
Stan
You may have to qualify that the kids are under 4 years old, lol

Bill
HiYa Brother Bill!!!

Hmm...waal...I'm not sure just-when the Baby Teeth come out...but that Teeth Line WAS a bit of a "Qualifier"..heh-heh!

I get a Blast watchin' all the pre-teenies having harmless fun.

A shame they can't wait to grow-up...it's such a Stifling Condition... ;-)>

Stan
Posted By: Philjo Re: "PUPPIES, KITTENS, DUCKLINGS & KIDS" - 08/16/13 10:13 PM
This is a good 'un Stan.

Has a certain charm about it.

Although i also wondered about the age of these kids because they can get a bit testing at times.

And they do say never work with children and animals!

Nice one,

Phil.
Thankee Brother Phil!!!

I truly get a BIG kick outta kids...&...they're really The Planet's Only Hope... They're inheriting the Big Mess that We, the Generation who USED to have All The Answers..leave behind..&..Hopefully they WILL come up with some Good New Ones.

I was amazed at How-Aged my Classmates were..after 50 Years. (I was "lucky" at being the Youngest in the Class..long story.) But "Old" comes atCha at an Incredible Rate...&..Suddenly..You ARE! Some looked like they had Another 20 Years Left...but most looked like 10 years was It... (NOT really Enough Time to make ALL the Major Changes that really gotta be Made...)

&..most were Retired...which I'm not...yet. (Sigh!) But...heh...I AM looking-forwards to just Playing-Around, doing lots of "Nothing-Important"..first chance I get.

Kids..I think...Have The Right Idea..."Enjoy Today"!

Best Weeekend Wishes & a Big Guy-Hug,
Stan
I like Vic's comment re Roger Miller, he would have made a good song from your lyric.What a writer he was Stan!
Best of luck with it, a good lyric
Travis
G'Mornin' Bwo!!!

Roger Miller remains a Fave Influence on me...& Ya just GOTTA credit the guy with the Ability to Rhyme ANYTHING..."Purple/Maple Syrple"...(What a GENIUS!!!) ;-)>

Thanks for Your Kind Visit & Words, Amigo...gotta scoot/feed parrots/move more Stuff/& open the Clock Shop/do a Housecall..maybe 2. (We don't hit the beaches very OFTEN here on the weekends, even after Florida-Living for 40 years here..heh!)
Stan
Posted By: Summer Rose Re: "PUPPIES, KITTENS, DUCKLINGS & KIDS" - 08/17/13 08:20 PM
Been ill for awhile, but you know I can't resist one of your lyrics Stan. I hope you haven't missed your boat, because you still got a lot of steam to keep rolling out those lyrics. This one is no exception. It's so full of imagery, I could almost see the puppies barking and the kitties meowing jumping around playing with each other. Awesome kids song

Summer
Thankee Mz Summer/Hope You're feeling better!!!

Might yet someday pen a CD's-Worth of Kid Songs...do have a few Co-writes with Kaley Willow, few years-back; She's a real Pro at that kinda write!

We've got 4 MaCaws..& 3 Cats here for the Resident Critters... I'd have more, but La Femme's already put up with 26 Parrots, back when we were breeding Lorikeets, Conures, & Amazons...to get the 2 Sons interested in Animal Husbandry. (They eventually let all the Males escape, ending that Little Chapter..heh!)

Thanks for Your Very Kind Visit & Words, M'LadyChum!
Best Weekend Wishes, Big Hugs, & a Wee FHS,
Stan
Gonna keep it simple Stan. The "thumbs up" says it all IMO. smile

douglas
Thankee Brother Doug!!!

I truly TRY hard to NOT write "All Spicy-Ones"...& this one was a Fun "Stretch"...

Glad Ya liked it Bro-Migo!

Best Weekend Wishes & 'Nuther Big Guy-Hug,
Stan
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards