Who's Online Now
16 registered members (Brian Austin Whitney, Calvin, markus-ky, Harriet Ames, couchgrouch, Barry David Butler, E Swartz, Colin Ward, 9ne, ben willis, 2 invisible), and 230 guests, and
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Member Spotlight
beechnut79
beechnut79
Villa Park IL
Posts: 3,281
Joined: April 2009
Show All Member Profiles 
What's Going On
Daily Distractions 12-16-2017 (Best Advice EVER)
by Michael Zaneski. 12/17/17 03:49 AM
Rolling On. Vic
by Michael Zaneski. 12/17/17 02:05 AM
Music Used in Youtube ep.
by markus-ky. 12/17/17 01:26 AM
Ambient Music in Hotel Bars - A Linkedin Article
by ben willis. 12/16/17 07:27 PM
Daily Distractions 12-15-2017 (Net Neutrality)
by Brian Austin Whitney. 12/16/17 05:09 PM
Tired Wings
by Vicarn. 12/16/17 03:26 PM
Chance (updated please critique)
by Vicarn. 12/16/17 03:20 PM
Always meant to be. Travis and Vic
by Vicarn. 12/16/17 03:14 PM
Tug of War (Won't Last for Long)
by beechnut79. 12/16/17 11:45 AM
The Wonder of Santa And Christmas
by Barry David Butler. 12/16/17 11:17 AM
No more Net Neutrality....
by Brian Austin Whitney. 12/16/17 09:57 AM
OCD - altrock w/ hint of rockabilly
by Travis david. 12/16/17 07:39 AM
If You See Me In The Gutter
by Calvin. 12/16/17 04:08 AM
Santa's On His Way
by John Paragreen. 12/15/17 06:54 PM
"The Man In The Mirror"
by John Paragreen. 12/15/17 05:20 PM
One More Night
by John Paragreen. 12/15/17 05:12 PM
Days
by John Paragreen. 12/15/17 05:01 PM
I'm Not Dead Yet
by SilverBeat. 12/15/17 12:23 PM
Woke Up After 35 Years & Formed Barry & The Boomer
by Barry David Butler. 12/15/17 11:57 AM
Dear Mr. Goodell:
by Fdemetrio. 12/15/17 11:18 AM
Forgotten Man (My Friend Carroll Kiphen wrote this
by Barry David Butler. 12/15/17 10:53 AM
CD duplicating machines
by Everett Adams. 12/15/17 08:06 AM
Unborn Babies Bill Of Rights
by Barry David Butler. 12/14/17 10:05 AM
Update On The Awards
by Brian Austin Whitney. 12/14/17 04:16 AM
Delinquent Submissions From Nominees
by Brian Austin Whitney. 12/14/17 04:15 AM
Christmas Love
by Barry David Butler. 12/14/17 12:12 AM
1-800-4-Heaven
by PeteG. 12/13/17 09:37 PM
Merry Christmas
by David Snyder. 12/13/17 05:36 PM
In My Dreams
by Kevin Emmrich. 12/13/17 05:26 PM
Top Posters(All Time)
Calvin 19,234
Kevin Emmrich 10,532
Travis david 10,375
Jean Bullock 10,330
Kaley Willow 10,240
Two Singers 9,571
Joice Marie 9,186
Mackie H. 8,748
Mike Dunbar 8,574
glynda 8,560
Tricia Baker 8,318
Colin Ward 7,830
Corey 7,357
couchgrouch 7,228
Wyman Lloyd 6,578
Mark Kaufman 6,428
Joe Wrabek 6,400
Dave Rice 6,234
ben willis 6,073
Lynn Orloff 5,788
Louis 5,718
Linda Sings 5,601
niteshift 5,324
Vicarn 5,303
KimberlyinNC 5,210
Derek Hines 4,893
DonnaMarilyn 4,605
Blake Hill 4,528
Bob Cushing 4,344
Bill Osofsky 4,199
Cindy Miller 4,178
Tom Shea 4,173
Neil Cotton 4,155
TamsNumber4 3,997
nightengale 3,965
Roy Cooper 3,910
Caroline 3,865
Kolstad 3,760
Dan Sullivan 3,710
MFB III 3,687
Dottie 3,427
joewatt 3,411
beechnut79 3,281
Bill Cooper 3,279
John Hoffman 3,199
Skip Johnson 3,027
Pam Hurley 3,007
Terry G 3,005
E Swartz 2,959
PopTodd 2,876
Harriet Ames 2,868
Nigel Quin 2,802
MidniteBob 2,698
Tom Tracy 2,558
Polly Hager 2,526
Jerry Jakala 2,524
Al Alvarez 2,499
Eric Thome 2,448
Nelson 2,434
Hummingbird 2,401
Stan Loh 2,263
Sam Wilson 2,241
Judy Hollier 2,232
Erica Ellis 2,202
Wendy D 2,151
TrumanCoyote 2,096
Marty Helly 2,012
DukeWill 1,984
Ray Thyer 1,929
Clint Anglin 1,904
cindyrella 1,888
David Wright 1,866
Clairejeanne 1,851
Cindy LaRosa 1,824
maccharles 1,770
floyd jane 1,713
Ronald Boyt 1,675
Noel Downs 1,620
Iggy 1,593
Cal 1,574
Rick Heenan 1,562
Jack Swain 1,554
Pete Larsen 1,537
Ann Tygart 1,529
Tom Breshers 1,487
Tom Franz 1,451
RogerS 1,445
Ralph Blight 1,440
Chuck Crowe 1,435
Kenneth Cade 1,429
Rick Norton 1,428
bholt 1,411
Letha Allen 1,406
in2piano 1,402
Stan Simons 1,402
mattbanx 1,384
Jen Shaner 1,373
Charlie Wong 1,347
KevinP 1,324
Vondelle 1,316
Tom W. 1,313
Jan Petter 1,300
scottandrew 1,292
DakLander 1,265
GocartMoz 1,261
Janice & Bud 1,243
Ian Ferrin 1,230
PeteG 1,227
Glen King 1,210
IdeaGuy 1,209
AaronAuthier 1,177
Diane Ewing 1,158
summeoyo 1,083
Gerry 1,082
BobbyJoe 1,075
joro 1,045
S.DEE 1,040
yann 1,037
Tony A 1,016
argo 986
peaden 984
Wolvman 960
lane1777 950
Jak Kelly 912
IronKnee 911
krtinberg 890
Drifter 886
Petra 883
RJC 845
Brenda152 840
Nadia 827
Juan 797
TKO 784
frahmes 781
teletwang 762
90 dB 745
tbryson 737
Andy K 733
Andy Kemp 732
Jackie444 722
ant 710
3daveyO3 704
Dayson 703
Dixie 701
Joy Boy 695
Knute 686
Lee Arten 678
Katziis 652
R.T.MOORE 638
quality 637
9ne 635
CG King 622
douglas 621
Mel 614
NaomiSue 601
Shandy 589
Ria 587
TAMERA64 583
Pat Hardy 580
qbaum 570
nitepiano 565
pRISCILLA 556
Tink2 553
musica 539
Irwin 530
deanbell 528
RobertK 527
Roderic 522
Moosesong 516
BB Wilbur 511
goodfolks 499
Zeek 487
Stu 486
Steve P. 481
KathyW 462
allenb 459
MaxG 458
Philjo 454
fanito 448
trush48 448
R&M 444
dmk 442
arealrush 437
DGR 436
avweek 435
Stephen D 433
Emmy 431
Rob L 426
marquez 422
kit 419
Softkrome 417
kyrksongs 415
RRon 408
Laura G. 407
VNORTH 407
Debra 407
eb 406
cuebald 399
EdPerrone 398
Dannyk1 395
Hobart 395
Davyboy49 393
Smile 389
GJShades 387
Ezt 384
tone 380
Marla 380
iggyiggy 378
coalminer 377
Cecilee 376
java 374
spidey 371
sweetsong 370
danny 367
Jim Ryan 360
papaG 353
Alek 352
Deej56 351
Z - man 350
John K 348
JamesDF5 347
Jaden 344
ddreuter 341
TheBaz 340
Steggy 339
leif 339
tonedeaf 336
rickwork 334
Eddie Ray 332
Johnboy 328
Bob Lever 328
Helicon1 327
lucian 326
Muskie 321
kc 319
Z. Mulls 318
ptondreau 313
ONOFFON 312
Chris B. 310
trush 304
ed323 297
Ellen M 293
lizzorn 291
nicnac49 290
pomeranj 289
Char 286
ktunes 285
mastrose 280
pammie 279
Register Today!
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.

By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#999976 - 03/18/13 10:40 AM Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Joice Marie Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joice Marie  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Cornish Flat, NH, USA
Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section

Intelligent RAP section -- IE --- NO actual Cursing --- a focused message

Can be the Whole song or a Section
You can use your own music track --- Or a Cover Bed Track of someone else's

Length is up to you -- Try to have an appeal to the contemporary listener


#999993 - 03/18/13 11:17 AM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Joice Marie]  
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,532
Kevin Emmrich Offline
Kevin Emmrich  Offline


Top 10 Poster

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,532
Crozet, VA
Hey! great to see this moved here! I am doing Pat Pattison's coursera class: Songwriting and I saw a couple of hip hoppers there. I posted your challenge link! I might not get to this challenge because of my workload, but I hope a few here do (maybe Big Jim and Dak -- ha, ha).


"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The 'hard' is what makes it great."
Kevin @ bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh (and Kevin @ FAWM 2017)
#1000000 - 03/18/13 11:47 AM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Kevin Emmrich]  
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,605
DonnaMarilyn Offline
Top 100 Poster
DonnaMarilyn  Offline
Top 100 Poster

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,605
Netherlands
This should be fun and interesting. smile Does it need to be a finished song or can it be a lyric?

Donna


Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

http://www.reverbnation.com/donnamarilynrichblend

Guild of International Songwriters and Composers


#1000009 - 03/18/13 11:59 AM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: DonnaMarilyn]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Joice Marie Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joice Marie  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Cornish Flat, NH, USA
Originally Posted by DonnaMarilyn
This should be fun and interesting. smile Does it need to be a finished song or can it be a lyric?

Donna


it Would be Best to hear it with at least a beat --- but if not that is okay too

jm


perfection is unattainable, excellence is totally within reach

http://www.youtube.com/joicemarie
http://www.myspace.com/lemonmcfartney
#1000099 - 03/18/13 04:38 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Joice Marie]  
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,605
DonnaMarilyn Offline
Top 100 Poster
DonnaMarilyn  Offline
Top 100 Poster

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,605
Netherlands
You're right, Joice Marie. smile At least a basic beat. OK, will give it some thought. smile

Donna


Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

http://www.reverbnation.com/donnamarilynrichblend

Guild of International Songwriters and Composers


#1000107 - 03/18/13 05:24 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: DonnaMarilyn]  
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 973
David Gill Offline
Top 500 Poster
David Gill  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 973
Buffalo, NY
Here's a little something I threw together but never delivered. I picture the intro with a nice melodic piano and then the beat comes in (similar to Eminem's "Lose Yourself") to start the rap.

<intro>
Through all of our years
and those still to come
Forever, I'll love you
I swear.
I promise I'll never stop
showing you that
I still care.

<begin beat>

<rap>
And I know
yes, I know
what you heart
truly needs
And I'll do
all I can
Give it all
to you, free
And I hope
that you don't
underes-
timate me
or these words
that I write
while I let
my heart bleed
on these pages
I use
to express
all my love
Cause I love you
so much
High as hea-
ven above
and as deep
as the ocean
This notion of Va-
lentine's day
is a potion
or poison
I take
just to feel you
inside me
Surprise you
with gifts
and the sex
that we have
after throwing
a fit
cause we work
out our issues
and bit by a bit
I might bite you
but you'd
bite me back
then you'd spit me
right out
make me clean up
the mess
and I do
cause I love you
I love you
much more
never less


I need to clean OUT
the ear canal to my soul
So I can hear what you mean
not just what you have said
I need to clean UP
the funky breath of my heart
so I can say that I love you
without killing you dead
It's such a crazy life
But we're both
so insane
that it's nor-
mal for us
to be li-
ving this way
I really love you, babe
I mean forever I do
And here's a little gift from me
That I made special for you

Happy V-Day
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy V-Day
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy V-Day
Happy Valentine's Day

And I love you more
than any other word
I can say


Peace,

Dave


"Where there's a Gill, there's a way"
#1000110 - 03/18/13 06:19 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: David Gill]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Joice Marie Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joice Marie  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Cornish Flat, NH, USA
Originally Posted by Dave Gill
Here's a little something I threw together but never delivered. I picture the intro with a nice melodic piano and then the beat comes in (similar to Eminem's "Lose Yourself") to start the rap.

<intro>
Through all of our years
and those still to come
Forever, I'll love you
I swear.
I promise I'll never stop
showing you that
I still care.

<begin beat>

<rap>
And I know
yes, I know
what you heart
truly needs
And I'll do
all I can
Give it all
to you, free
And I hope
that you don't
underes-
timate me
or these words
that I write
while I let
my heart bleed
on these pages
I use
to express
all my love
Cause I love you
so much
High as hea-
ven above
and as deep
as the ocean
This notion of Va-
lentine's day
is a potion
or poison
I take
just to feel you
inside me
Surprise you
with gifts
and the sex
that we have
after throwing
a fit
cause we work
out our issues
and bit by a bit
I might bite you
but you'd
bite me back
then you'd spit me
right out
make me clean up
the mess
and I do
cause I love you
I love you
much more
never less


I need to clean OUT
the ear canal to my soul
So I can hear what you mean
not just what you have said
I need to clean UP
the funky breath of my heart
so I can say that I love you
without killing you dead
It's such a crazy life
But we're both
so insane
that it's nor-
mal for us
to be li-
ving this way
I really love you, babe
I mean forever I do
And here's a little gift from me
That I made special for you

Happy V-Day
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy V-Day
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy V-Day
Happy Valentine's Day

And I love you more
than any other word
I can say


Peace,

Dave



That's a cool song and I could definitely Rap along with it in my head

jm


perfection is unattainable, excellence is totally within reach

http://www.youtube.com/joicemarie
http://www.myspace.com/lemonmcfartney
#1000262 - 03/19/13 12:48 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Joice Marie]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Joice Marie Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joice Marie  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Cornish Flat, NH, USA
Okay soooooooooooooooooooo here's a quick effort -- using my Co writer's Music....and distortion

I can see How Interesting this could get -- if this were my real genre and interest of direction.......


http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12226448

Hey Get Your Ya Yas ©joice marie 2013 music Bed Track - Richard Boase
hey
Get your ya yas
ouu get your ta tas

ooh
get your boost
who, find a roost

here
we are la las
musos in fa las

in a fan fare
show that we care,
care

here
there's a mass
a muso cast

write,
write all nighters
folks who are fighters

we bring it on
sing it in songs

hey
Get your ya yas
ouu get your ta tas

ooh
get your boost
who, find a roost

Don't let us down
come join the crowd

hey
Get your ya yas
ouu get your ta tas

ooh
get your boost
who, find a roost


repeat…………….


perfection is unattainable, excellence is totally within reach

http://www.youtube.com/joicemarie
http://www.myspace.com/lemonmcfartney
#1000290 - 03/19/13 06:00 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Joice Marie]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Joice Marie Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joice Marie  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Cornish Flat, NH, USA
here's a guy who offers suggestion and a Link you can rap to

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3F7AF55DF&view=detail&FORM=VIRE6


perfection is unattainable, excellence is totally within reach

http://www.youtube.com/joicemarie
http://www.myspace.com/lemonmcfartney
#1002084 - 04/01/13 06:04 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Joice Marie]  
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 18,270
Brian Austin Whitney Online content
Brian Austin Whitney  Online Content


Top 10 Poster

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 18,270
Indianapolis, IN USA
Writing Rap is not as easy as many people think, until they try it! = )


Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@aol.com
Skype: Brian Austin Whitney

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney


#1002509 - 04/06/13 05:08 AM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Brian Austin Whitney]  
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,275
"Tampa Stan" Good (D) Offline
Top 10 Poster
"Tampa Stan" Good (D)  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,275
Tampa, Florida since 1973
Hi Big Bro Bri...think I'll Give It a Try...(Since I can't Get Shut-Eye..heh!)

"WOMEN ARE STRANGE" (C) 2013 by Stan Good, BMI {Just Add Music..} ;-)>

WOMEN ARE STRANGE
Most Playin' a Game
T'Get You All-Inflamed
So You will Change-Their-Name

Yeah, WOMEN ARE STRANGE
With their Pastel-Brains
& Little Boutique Chains
So Many ALL-The-SAME...

BUT...You're UNIQUE
No Game of Hide-&-Seek
MORE than a Peck-On-The-Cheek
{WHISPERED}
AND You Got a GREAT Physique

AND What a Perfect-Mind
With..A Great Behind
(When it's Lovin'-Time
You ARE The Lovin'-Kind!)

Tho..MOST WOMEN ARE STRANGE
They Try to Rearrange
All Their Boyfriends' Brains
Won't Leave-'Em As-They-Came

No..They Tear 'Em All-Apart
Broken Minds..& Hearts
Clueless, In-The-Dark
When The Rejection Starts...

But...You're UNIQUE
You Make My Life Complete
Get My Heart Off-The-Street
Hey, It Lands..At-Your-Feet

I Like The Way You Love
WAY-More than Just-Enough
You ARE All-The-Right-Stuff
(& Rarely-Ever Treat Me Rough)...

(TAG)
I'm So CONTENT..When You Treat Me..So TAME...
While I Find...
MOST WOMEN ARE STRANGE...

(All Rights Reserved.)


Last edited by "Tampa Stan" Good; 04/06/13 05:19 AM.
#1002825 - 04/08/13 02:25 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Joice Marie]  
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 319
Summer Rose Offline
Serious Contributor
Summer Rose  Offline
Serious Contributor

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 319
I can't resist, trying a rap. This is not a popular subject, but it's supposed to be Christian Rap. Here goes, first attempt and it's for fun.

Genocide

Genocide, Genocide
Remember the day?
Hitler murdering
Ovens burning
Millions dying
People crying
It's coming this way

Promises are spoken
That hypnotize
Why can't we see
Through the disguise

Following as sheep
Through each day
Unaware of terror
Coming our way

Stuck with our heads
In material pride
Scales on our eyes
While freedoms slide

Black plastic caskets
Arranged side by side.
Red roses to bury us
In our own Genocide.

Genocide, Genocide
Remember the day?
Hitler murdering
Ovens burning
Millions dying
People crying
It's coming this way

What can we do
It's not in our hands.
Turn to God
Obey His commands.

Give him your heart
In Him confide.
Pray for His love
Before Genocide.

Innocent blood cries
Out from the dead
Stop everything
Listen instead
Time's running out
Slaves we'll become
Marching to the beat
Of a tyrants's drum

Genocide, Genocide
It's coming this way
People turning
Faith burning
Knees bending
Fear ending
It's happening


#1003072 - 04/10/13 10:20 AM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: "Tampa Stan" Good (D)]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Joice Marie Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joice Marie  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Cornish Flat, NH, USA
Originally Posted by "Tampa Stan" Good
Hi Big Bro Bri...think I'll Give It a Try...(Since I can't Get Shut-Eye..heh!)

"WOMEN ARE STRANGE" (C) 2013 by Stan Good, BMI {Just Add Music..} ;-)>

WOMEN ARE STRANGE
Most Playin' a Game
T'Get You All-Inflamed
So You will Change-Their-Name

Yeah, WOMEN ARE STRANGE
With their Pastel-Brains
& Little Boutique Chains
So Many ALL-The-SAME...

BUT...You're UNIQUE
No Game of Hide-&-Seek
MORE than a Peck-On-The-Cheek
{WHISPERED}
AND You Got a GREAT Physique

AND What a Perfect-Mind
With..A Great Behind
(When it's Lovin'-Time
You ARE The Lovin'-Kind!)

Tho..MOST WOMEN ARE STRANGE
They Try to Rearrange
All Their Boyfriends' Brains
Won't Leave-'Em As-They-Came

No..They Tear 'Em All-Apart
Broken Minds..& Hearts
Clueless, In-The-Dark
When The Rejection Starts...

But...You're UNIQUE
You Make My Life Complete
Get My Heart Off-The-Street
Hey, It Lands..At-Your-Feet

I Like The Way You Love
WAY-More than Just-Enough
You ARE All-The-Right-Stuff
(& Rarely-Ever Treat Me Rough)...

(TAG)
I'm So CONTENT..When You Treat Me..So TAME...
While I Find...
MOST WOMEN ARE STRANGE...

(All Rights Reserved.)



Hi Stan

Thanks for giving this a go --- I can follow along in a rapper style --- would love to hear it in Your voice... I know the way you type (Caps/small) you always think in terms of reflections in your vocal.... Give it a try if you Can to record it and share : )

jm


perfection is unattainable, excellence is totally within reach

http://www.youtube.com/joicemarie
http://www.myspace.com/lemonmcfartney
#1003073 - 04/10/13 10:26 AM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Summer Rose]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Joice Marie Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joice Marie  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Cornish Flat, NH, USA
Originally Posted by Summer Rose
I can't resist, trying a rap. This is not a popular subject, but it's supposed to be Christian Rap. Here goes, first attempt and it's for fun.

Genocide

Genocide, Genocide
Remember the day?
Hitler murdering
Ovens burning
Millions dying
People crying
It's coming this way

Promises are spoken
That hypnotize
Why can't we see
Through the disguise

Following as sheep
Through each day
Unaware of terror
Coming our way

Stuck with our heads
In material pride
Scales on our eyes
While freedoms slide

Black plastic caskets
Arranged side by side.
Red roses to bury us
In our own Genocide.

Genocide, Genocide
Remember the day?
Hitler murdering
Ovens burning
Millions dying
People crying
It's coming this way

What can we do
It's not in our hands.
Turn to God
Obey His commands.

Give him your heart
In Him confide.
Pray for His love
Before Genocide.

Innocent blood cries
Out from the dead
Stop everything
Listen instead
Time's running out
Slaves we'll become
Marching to the beat
Of a tyrants's drum

Genocide, Genocide
It's coming this way
People turning
Faith burning
Knees bending
Fear ending
It's happening




Hi Summer Rose

Thanks so much for sharing your lyrical rap -- Yes -- tough subject and reminder -- but in today's world of Terror Acts - we have examples of how it would still be possible, though I would hope not on such a tragic scale.

I'll say to you also - if you could record it to a beat --- please share that also.

jm


perfection is unattainable, excellence is totally within reach

http://www.youtube.com/joicemarie
http://www.myspace.com/lemonmcfartney
#1003082 - 04/10/13 12:14 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Joice Marie]  
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 6,855
Ray E. Strode Online content
Top 30 Poster
Ray E. Strode  Online Content
Top 30 Poster

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 6,855
Brunswick, Ga. USA
Um, Well,
You ain't gonna believe this but you can, go, and listen to the first Rap song ever! Just Google, SOMKE, SMOKE, THAT CIGARETTE. By Tex Williams. You will see what I mean. And Intelligent too !


Ray E. Strode
#1003086 - 04/10/13 12:45 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Ray E. Strode]  
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,560
glynda Offline
glynda  Offline

Top 20 Poster

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,560
Princeton Texas
hi,this is mine. hope it comes out. Screwed Up

You know when things are bothering me
crazy stuff going round my head
you could help set me free
but you keep my head messed up instead
keep me under your thumb and keep me screwed up

(chorus)

Screwed Uo
the smoke, dope
a sting of tears in my eyes
is it real or this crystal meth
swirling round inside my mind
in the end who wins the prize
making waves,fades,craves,babes
like a snarling lion at my feet
kissy face with my back to the wall
you love to keep me Screwed up

You make me stand out in the rain
walk the streets till my feet swell
one car stops the smoke swirls again
damaged goods are hard to sell
you do whatever to keep me Screwed Up

chorus

my life seems its chasing me
no spare time to rest my bones
you too wont leave me be
speeding toward my own death zone
doing your best to keep me
Screwed Up

bridge

i left home years ago,too young to make it on my own,you took me in to show me what lifes about,when will it stop and let me off.

chorus

tag

I wish I knew where to go to get help to change my life, get a real job make myself proud of me,but you keep me isolated and keep my head screwed up

You love to keep me Screwed Up

written by glyn

#1003114 - 04/10/13 02:54 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Ray E. Strode]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Joice Marie Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joice Marie  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Cornish Flat, NH, USA
Originally Posted by Ray E. Strode
Um, Well,
You ain't gonna believe this but you can, go, and listen to the first Rap song ever! Just Google, SOMKE, SMOKE, THAT CIGARETTE. By Tex Williams. You will see what I mean. And Intelligent too !


I'll put the link here Ray -- good example ---!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La1hHUz4CTs

Can you write one too ? ; )

Thanks
jm


perfection is unattainable, excellence is totally within reach

http://www.youtube.com/joicemarie
http://www.myspace.com/lemonmcfartney
#1003116 - 04/10/13 02:57 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: glynda]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Joice Marie Offline
Top 10 Poster
Joice Marie  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,186
Cornish Flat, NH, USA
Originally Posted by glynda
hi,this is mine. hope it comes out. Screwed Up

You know when things are bothering me
crazy stuff going round my head
you could help set me free
but you keep my head messed up instead
keep me under your thumb and keep me screwed up

(chorus)

Screwed Uo
the smoke, dope
a sting of tears in my eyes
is it real or this crystal meth
swirling round inside my mind
in the end who wins the prize
making waves,fades,craves,babes
like a snarling lion at my feet
kissy face with my back to the wall
you love to keep me Screwed up

You make me stand out in the rain
walk the streets till my feet swell
one car stops the smoke swirls again
damaged goods are hard to sell
you do whatever to keep me Screwed Up

chorus

my life seems its chasing me
no spare time to rest my bones
you too wont leave me be
speeding toward my own death zone
doing your best to keep me
Screwed Up

bridge

i left home years ago,too young to make it on my own,you took me in to show me what lifes about,when will it stop and let me off.

chorus

tag

I wish I knew where to go to get help to change my life, get a real job make myself proud of me,but you keep me isolated and keep my head screwed up

You love to keep me Screwed Up

written by glyn


Sounds Like a way cool deal o them words -- I hope you get someone to Rap onit !!

Thanks Glynda
jm


perfection is unattainable, excellence is totally within reach

http://www.youtube.com/joicemarie
http://www.myspace.com/lemonmcfartney
#1008205 - 05/17/13 10:46 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Joice Marie]  
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 901
L. James Tanner Offline
Top 500 Poster
L. James Tanner  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 901
Indiana
This is my only attempt at rap that I had posted in the forums not long ago. As you can see I'm not much of a rapper.


Own Up

Can you live it down with all your living it up?
At home it's rough,
it's gettn tough,
you fool enough!
Your kids are hungry and sad
and starving for dad,
but you punk your drunk
and a pathetic mess.
Your ole lady is lonely;
if only you solely
suffered the pain of your rein of excess.

Own up
Man up
Grow up
Stand up
Put down your bottle and pick up your kids

Own up
Man up
Grow up
Stand up
Kiss your woman goodnight and your drinkin goodbye

Does your conscience prick you like the needle that sticks you?
Your kids' skip school,
Your rents still due,
Wake up you damn fool!
It's your family who pays
for your partying ways,
but it's drugs and thugs
where your allegiance is kept.
Your ole lady cries
but it's no surprise
you're too high to see that she's wept.

Own up
Man up
Grow up
Stand up
Put down your syringe and pick up your kids

Own up
Man up
Grow up
Stand up
Pull the needle out; take your woman in your arms

Own up
Man up
Grow up
Stand up

Own up
Man up
Grow up
Stand up

© L. James Tanner

#1008207 - 05/17/13 11:35 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: L. James Tanner]  
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 18,270
Brian Austin Whitney Online content
Brian Austin Whitney  Online Content


Top 10 Poster

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 18,270
Indianapolis, IN USA
Good to see many of you spreading your wings a bit...

Who else wants to step up? How about some rappers?

Brian


Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@aol.com
Skype: Brian Austin Whitney

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney


#1020290 - 08/20/13 12:20 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Brian Austin Whitney]  
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 190
Chris Munson Offline
Serious Contributor
Chris Munson  Offline
Serious Contributor

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 190
Dallas, TX
OK, I'm no rapper, I'm more of a ballad/jazz/blues guy. Recently, however, I heard a musical piece (piano with a techno beat) on Ohm Studio, and it "slapped me upside the head yo"! Seriously, this one was BEGGING for a rap lyric, so I jumped on it. This one is called "The Downtown Run", a tale of a thug who rides the subways and robs/kills victims. I hope you'll give it a listen on Soundcloud to really get a feel for it. The chorus is particularly interesting with a "falsetto" voice in the left channel and a female italian vocal in the right.....Enjoy!


The Downtown Run
Copyright 2013 Chris Munson

Verse 1

Riding on the train,
thinkin' of the day,
that I left behind,
Wait! Never mind!

Second stop ahead
Watching all the dead
Standing there,
with the Droids in their hands,
and they gotta phone home

Gotta phone home,
But nobody's there,
So they all alone,
All alone,
Unknown, in a dead zone

Exit on the walk,
Hearing all the talk,
From the people there,
Life, it isn't fair

Businessman with his Rolex
gleaming in the sun,
Gotta have some fun,
Gotta have some.....fun.....

On The Downtown Run...
I got my hatin'
and the platin'
on my nickel silver gun....

It's just another one,
Another killin'
in the midday sun


Chorus

So many people are dying for nothing,
what can we do?
Because of people who've lost,
their way......


(Music Interlude)


Verse 2


Now's another day,
nobody in my way,
in the last line,
and I'm feeling fine;

Bum in the rear seat,
Looking pretty beat,
and he's hopped up,
on Ripple wine....

Hop, hop, hop, ripple...
De-grees of the day are going triple...

Up ahead, old lady there,
trying not to stare,
like my head's wrapped,
In underwear

I'm looking at her purse
With the clasp undone
Gonna have some fun,
Gonna have some.....fun.....

On The Downtown Run...
I got my hatin'
and the platin'
on my nickel silver gun....

It's just another one,
Another wasted
in the afternoon sun

Chorus

So many people are dying for nothing,
what can we do?
Because of people who've lost,
their way......


(Music Interlude)


On The Downtown Run
It's where I'm gonna,
Where I'm gonna,
Have my fun,
I'm on it, I'm on it, I'm on it,
The Downtown Run

#1020317 - 08/20/13 04:27 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Chris Munson]  
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,528
Bugsey Offline
Top 100 Poster
Bugsey  Offline
Top 100 Poster

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,528
How's this grab ya?

We True Blue

We fixin and mixin
like watergate Nixon
we move and we groove
all eyes on the vixen

She playin and layin
that dog i'm just sayin
betrayin my homey
the devil he tole me

I cant let it happen
that chick(edited) I be slappin
my brotha's at stake here
word up, a fake here

The chick hit the hood with no good and the pain
feedin off the bottom of the hard money chain
one good deed worthy of anotha
gonna rectify the situation for a brotha

cause we true
yea yea yea we true blue
like the colors of the flag red white and you
we true
the boys in the hood true blue

Gang bangin and hangin
the ghetto horn rangin
we know what we doin
get justice fo sho n'

The homey and me
weze got mad history
deepa than the green
of the body bag sea

He jump in fronna bullets
like a superman
show the street love
like no other can

The chit hits the fan, hear my redemption call
might make a TV Movie check it out yu'all
love's hit and miss but I promise you this
ya like to roll dice but I hold all the chips

and we true
yea yea yea we true blue
like the colors of the flag red white and you
we true
the boys in the hood true blue

Last edited by Bugsey; 08/20/13 04:28 PM.
#1020326 - 08/20/13 05:18 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Bugsey]  
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,792
Michael W. Brown Offline
Top 200 Poster
Michael W. Brown  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,792
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Look Who's Rappin', Now

white people rappin,
like nails on a chalboard scratchin'
ain't no matchin'
a thatch house flappin
in the hood,
thugs buggin
in the jungle
huggin mama
slangin wood
it's all good
til whitey raps,
wearin chaps
swearin every word
an' mamas gonna
bitch slap,
the ding bat,
make a slip-knot
for a coat rack,
cause hip hop
aint a white prop
it's a black thing
grape soda pop
and ham hocks
and big guns
got no stocks,
not disney land
or the boondocks
it's the jungle,
m%^$%#$ f^%$%#$
we ooze glocks,
shoot cops
and take aim,
snowflake,
m*&^%^ f^%$%&^
playin our game
its our way
everyday
we rap the life
we live,
rip the crap
that doesnt give a damn
with who i am,
how I stand,
how I rap
when it's me
who's trapped
and yet you rip,
now who's trippin
look who's scratchin,
n&^%$'s laughin,
look who's rappin
now.






Write on, Man,
Michael W. Brown, f.k.a. "bluesriff"

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
Mahatma Gandhi
#1020354 - 08/20/13 08:06 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Michael W. Brown]  
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,748
Mackie H. Offline
Top 20 Poster
Mackie H.  Offline
Top 20 Poster

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,748
NASHVILLE, TN
This is one I WISH I HADN'T PENNED, but I did--I learned a lot from the attempt--Since doing this song, my timing has improved somewhat-I never really fine-tuned it! LEND AN EAR IF YOU DARE! That's me with my PENATONIC-TELE compin' throughout--WELL ……….**#EEOOO…...WOW#**

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11500285

DOWN IN THE HOOD
© MACKIE HUMPHRIES

V1
SETTIN’ A TRAP FOR VISITIN’ CATS
SOME WILL GET SHOT IF THEY DO THAT
EVERYBODY KNOWS WE GOT LOOKERS
MR. HI-DOLLAR COMES TO SHAKE ‘ER
............MR. HI-DOLLAR.........

V2
FUZZ’S HERE TO DO THEIR STING
GOTTA TO PLAY COOL ROLL WITH THE GREEN
HAVE TO SURVIVE AND NOBODY SINGS
WORKIN‘ DOWN HERE ...DOING OUR THING.
.......WE’RE DOING OUR THING......

CH
WE’RE ALL KIN... HERE IN THE HOOD
EVERYTHING’S SMOOTH ...AND GOING GOOD
FLASHIN’ BLUE LIGHTS ...OUR PROTECTION
WE KEEP ‘EM SMILIN’ ...WITH SATISFACTION
DOWN IN THE HOOD
DOWN IN THE HOOD
DOWN IN THE HOOD

PLAY ON NOW............. SOLO..........

BR
SOME BAD DUDES SLIP IN AND OUT
ANY BAD VIBES AND WE GONNA SHOUT
HERE IN THE HOOD WE’ AIN’T ALONE.
.....NO WE’ AIN’T ALONE........

CH
WE’RE ALL KIN... HERE IN THE HOOD
EVERYTHING’S SMOOTH ...AND GOING GOOD
FLASHIN’ BLUE LIGHTS ...OUR PROTECTION
WE KEEP ‘EM SMILIN’ ...WITH SATISFACTION
DOWN IN THE HOOD
DOWN IN THE HOOD
DOWN IN THE HOOD

OUTRO
WE’RE ALL KIN......... HERE IN THE HOOD
EVERYTHING’S SMOOTH ......AND GOING GOOD
DOWN IN THE HOOD
DOWN IN THE HOOD
DOWN IN THE HOOD.............


Mackie

#1030077 - 11/21/13 02:13 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: Mackie H.]  
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,324
niteshift Offline
Top 50 Poster
niteshift  Offline
Top 50 Poster

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,324
Sydney, Australia
Hey All,

I know it's meant to be a challenge thread, but just wanted to give a thumbs up to a musical bud SweetP who has a positive message with his genre. Intelligent rap ? Yep, I think so, and great visual production from a small budget shoot, so just would like to put forward a very well written and produced piece.... in support of broadening the audience.

"Change Today" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXR6G9dsi58

cheers, niteshift

PS - and the song has only 200 views ? HUH ???!!! *shrugs*

#1030200 - 11/22/13 12:38 PM Re: Create a Song ---That has an Intelligent RAP section [Re: niteshift]  
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 901
L. James Tanner Offline
Top 500 Poster
L. James Tanner  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 901
Indiana
Originally Posted by niteshift
Hey All,

I know it's meant to be a challenge thread, but just wanted to give a thumbs up to a musical bud SweetP who has a positive message with his genre. Intelligent rap ? Yep, I think so, and great visual production from a small budget shoot, so just would like to put forward a very well written and produced piece.... in support of broadening the audience.

"Change Today" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXR6G9dsi58

cheers, niteshift

PS - and the song has only 200 views ? HUH ???!!! *shrugs*


You're right, this vid needs more likes. Rap with a positive message is the only rap I will listen to

Last edited by L. James Tanner; 11/22/13 12:39 PM.

Support Just Plain Folks

We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.


Membership
Join Just Plain Folks
to receive the free
JPNotes Newsletter!
*this is separate from
message board registration*

Newest Members
juliettrowe, djmushi, Davood, RonnieDean, CharlotteSullivan
20973 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums116
Topics117,302
Posts1,104,204
Members20,974
Average Posts Daily41
Most Online1,506
Mar 16th, 2017
Just Plain Quotes
"If you choose the right rut to get stuck in, you'll enjoy the journey the whole way, regardless of the final destination!" -Brian Austin Whitney
Today's Birthdays
Jack Swain (2017), TheBlissMachines (36)
Popular Topics(Views)
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0