THURSDAY, JULY 28, I’ll be playing solo at BRIDGEPORT WHOLE FOODS, 7380 SW Bridgeport Rd., Tigard. It’s a barbecue, a benefit for the Willamette Writers Group (and specifically for the awards program for kids). The barbecue starts at 4 p.m. and runs till 7 p.m.; I’m on at 5.

This is the first time I’ve been able to break into the Willamette Writers Group; I’m not the entertainment for the annual conference itself, but the benefit barbecue is important, and I’m glad they’re having me do it. I do hope you can come. (If you’re in, or going to be in, the Portland area, it’ll be easy.)

Since this is a writers’ event, a barbecue, and a benefit for kids, I’ll be doing some songs about writing, songs about food, and songs for kids. Expect the usual run-of-the-mill songs about death, lost love, betrayal, religion, and dead animals, too. I will have copies of the Deathgrass album with me, and you can purchase one if you haven’t done so already. (They make great gifts, too.)

DIRECTIONS: If you’re coming from the north (Portland), take Exit 290 off I-5 and turn right on Lower Boones Ferry Road. At the first intersection, Lower Boones Ferry Rd. angles off to the left; if you keep going straight, you’re on Bridgeport Rd., and only a block and a half from Bridgeport Whole Foods, which will be on your left, across from Bridgeport Plaza. (And if you’re coming from the south—Salem, Eugene, &c.—get off at Exit 290 and turn LEFT on Lower Boones Ferry Rd. Rest of the directions are the same.)

Gate fee for the barbecue is $5. They’re also soliciting donations of new or used books for the Willamette Writers Books for Kids program. Got any? Bring ‘em. Hope to see you there.

Joe

Last edited by Joe Wrabek; 07/26/11 05:05 AM.