Songwriting Workshop with Jon Vezner
Saturday & Sunday, May 21st: 9am-4pm and 22nd: 9am-3pm
Cost: $100

Want to generate better song ideas
and write more effective lyrics?

Grammy award-winning songwriter and leading music industry professional
Jon Vezner will discuss his process of writing songs - songs that are meaningful and still work in the commercial environment. Vezner regularly tours the country offering workshops and performing on stage. At Crossings, he will show participants ways to stimulate their creative energies and sharpen their songwriting skills.

This workshop is designed to encourage you, and sharpen your lyric and melody writing skills by discovering the techniques that have helped writers like Vezner win Grammys and write hit songs. You'll learn how to generate better ideas, and be inspired to express those ideas in new ways. Whether you're a beginner or seasoned writer, this course will help you brainstorm ideas more freely and write lyrics more effectively.

Topics of the workshop will include writing and rewriting songs, improving the melody and working on lyrics.

Jon will be performing live at Crossings on Saturday night. Workshop participants can attend the concert for just $10. Read more here!

Vezner’s catalogue of recorded songs, topped by the poignant “Where’ve You Been,” reflects his straight-to-the heart sensibility and sensitivity. He weaves the particulars of his own feelings with the lives of people he has known into universal themes that deeply touch listeners’ emotions. Within his first year in Nashville in 1983, he had songs recorded by Reba McEntire and Ronnie Milsap, followed by Lorrie Morgan’s first single in 1987, “Train Wreck of Emotion,” which he co-wrote with Alan Rhody.

Other singles written by Vezner include “If I Didn’t Love You” by Steve Wariner, “Has Anybody Seen Amy” by John and Audrey Wiggins, “Then What” by Clay Walker, and “You’re Gone” by Diamond Rio. Vezner’s songs have been recorded by a varied list of artists such as Martina McBride, Janis Ian, John Mellencamp, Nancy Griffith, Faith Hill, Clay Walker and Diamond Rio. And he has two songs- Somewhere I Belong and The Place That I Call Home- on the recently released “This Is My America” project.