Here—finally, for those that have been waiting for it—is the notice for the “Deathgrass” benefit concert for Val Folkema SATURDAY EVENING, 24 APRIL, at THE LANDING RESTAURANT & BAR in downtown BAY CITY, OREGON. (Val, if you didn’t know, is president of the Garibaldi Port Commission, and she and husband Jeff own the Garibaldi Marina, here in town. Val just went through a nasty—but we hope successful—cancer operation, and this event is to help with her medical bills.)

Our band is not the only thing on the agenda. There are tons of raffle items, ranging from fishing trips to hotel/dinner packages to gift certificates for all sorts of stuff, and they’re all intended to be sold that night. The event begins at 5 P.M. “Deathgrass” is on at 6:30 (I know the poster says 7:00, but more raffle items got donated since then), and we’ll be playing for an hour and a half. Then there’ll be more raffling, and a second band, “Lannie and the Instigators,” out of Portland, also for an hour and a half. There’s a $5 gate fee, which also goes to the Val Fund.

We’ll have a substitute drummer—Doug Rowland, drummer for the Instigators, will be pinch-hitting for Chris Miller, who’s been in the hospital himself this past week (Chris hopes to be able to attend the concert, but he won’t be able to play). John O’Leary on bass, Mike Simpson on lead guitar, Dennis “Doc” Wagner on the blues harp, and me. (“Lanny and the Instigators,” by the way, are Lanny Instenes, Doug Rowland, John Rust, and Mike White.) We’ll be playing hits from the Failed Economy Show, the Rocktoberfest, our Christmas benefit for the Food Pantry, and some tunes you haven’t heard before. Lots of dead animal songs (of course).

For those coming from out of town, Bay City is a small town five miles north of Tillamook on Highway 101. The Landing is at 5620 B. St. (that’s between 4th & 5th), just a couple of blocks off the highway. Easy to spot, I think—there should be lots and lots of cars.

It’ll be tons of fun, and in a good cause. Hope you can come.

Joe