Come out and join us for a short networking meeting and open mic.

Linda

Hi Just Plain Folks,

We still don't have a permanent meeting place, but I haven't given up yet. Please send me any recommendations for possible meeting places. The best places are free, available on a weeknight for a few hours, and someplace centrally located and freeway friendly.

Also, SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, December 6th, at the Musician's Union in Los Angeles: A Day of free Workshops, Raffles, and Holiday Boutique Fundraiser, and evening Pitchasong.

In the mean time, we'll continue to be creative in our get togethers. This month, I'm suggesting we meet at an open mic. There are many in the area to locate at www.openmikes.org.

We're meeting this month at Westside's Monday open mic on the 4th Monday, August 25th. I will arrive at 7:00. Come out and join me for a quick member meeting, updates and networking. The open mic starts at 8:00. Here's the info.

Westside Bar And Grill's
Open Mic-Singer/Songwriter night.

Every Monday come sign up, and sing your heart out on a large stage, with spotlights and house PA System, (Bring your own mics). You get to perform two to three songs and may be chosen as the winner for the evening, and win a bottle of Wine (must be 21 to win wine, under age will be rewarded with something else.) Winners are judged on performance, musiccianship and crowd resonse - so bring your fans.

Not only that, but the Westside will be serving a Starving Artist's Meal, so for $4.95 you get a pasta dish, salad and garlic bread...you don't have to be an artist to enjoy the meal, just come by on Monday nights and support your favorite Starving Artist.

Monday night winners will be entered into Starving Artist's Performer of the Month, winning "Dinner for Two" gift certificates and eligibility for Starving Artist of the Year

Take Care,
Linda Kraemer
Chapter Coordinator
Orange County, CA