Howdy Friends and extended Family, smile

N2S will be playing this Saturday, April 26th at the Pinellas Village Fundraiser from 12 noon to 3pm. This is a charity event and we and everyone there is donating their time for free. We will have a tip jar out and ALL TIPS that day will go back to the program so feel free to be generous with the love offerings! LOL!

PINELLAS VILLAGE is a non-profit, grants-only housing program for lower-income single parents who are in college trying to get their education so they can care for their children and give them a better life. Having been a single mother for many years before I met Frank, I can relate to this, heart and soul. And: our bassist, Ted's wife, who is now a full-time nurse for many years at All Children's Hospital, was IN this very vital program many years ago, before she and Ted married, when she was a single mom (a young widow) who was trying to get her degree so she could care for her young son.

And it's so funny how FATE works! Last year, we met Jackie Tatsak, PV's program director when we were gigging at Sloppy Joe's. She took our card and called a few weeks later to ask if we'd be willing to do their 2007 event, and at the time, I did NOT know that Ted's wife was IN the program years before! I told Jackie it sounded great and I was sure we'd be able to help them. Later, when asked Frank and then I called Ted to ask him if he minded if we did a charity (free) event that weekend, he announced, "Oh, wow!! Guess what? Korey was in that program back when Josh was a little boy, so you better BET I'd LOVE to help them".

Anyway, it's funny how fate works out and here we are to help a program we all can believe in.

This event is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, so bring a lawn chair, yourself and whatever you can give!!! $1, $5, $20, .....$100...anything helps, folks!! I hope we will see some of you there. There will be food, drinks, games for the kids. This is a family event. smile

Pinellas Village is located @ 8384 Bayou Boardwalk in Largo.

Last edited by Cindy LaRosa; 04/23/08 10:22 AM.

Cindy Lucas
NORTH 2 SOUTH
http://north2southonline.com