Hi everyone,
Our regular meeting place, Nata'le coffee, has closed. Although there is rennovation going on, currently I don't know the status, so we will be seeking another meeting place. If you have ideas for a temporary or permanent meeting spot, let me know.

For this month, we will be joining the Open Mic at the Gypsy Den in Santa Ana. It's on our regularly scheduled meeting night, This Monday, January 21, and a number of members have expressed an interest in playing at it. The Gypsy Den has a great vibe and the sound system is pretty good, (live piano and all).

We'll network as a group from 7 to 7:30, then sign-ups are at 7:30, show starts at 8:00. There are other non-members that attend, so it's a great time to meet new songwriters and it should be a nice showing.

The number of songs we are aloud to do is usually dependent on the number of sign-ups.

The Gypsy Den Grand Central Cafe
125 N. Broadway Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92701
(714) 835-8840
Monday / Thursday 7:30 am to 10 pm

at Broadway and 1st street

Metered street parking is located on Sycamore St. (1 block east of Broadway) and on Broadway (free after 8 p.m.) There is also a parking structure at the end of Sycamore & 3rd street (or Broadway & 3rd).

The Gypsy Den also has a full menu: Sandwiches, food from the grill, drinks, veggie food, etc.

You can check out their myspace site, www.myspace.com/gypsyden

Hope to see you all, and hear the latest news. I'll be coming from the NAMM show and will share about what I see.

Linda Kraemer
Chapter Coordinator
Orange County Just Plain Folks
www.myspace.com/justplainfolksoc