en Becky Nominated w/Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, others! - Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards
leftleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftalt-1 alvt">
The Seeds Would Grow
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:14 PM
The Winner
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:14 PM
Envious Heart
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:10 PM
The Voyager
by Gerry. 09/08/21 07:05 AM
"Not Just A Melody.".
by JAPOV. 09/07/21 09:51 PM
This old dog
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:54 AM
How Fast Are You Going (When You're Standing Still
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:40 AM
Lazing in the Sun
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:35 AM
"I Need A Cadillac....Jack!"
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:33 AM
Pedal & Synth Expo Oct.2-3, 2021 Free, Outdoors
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/06/21 02:24 PM
Resource List (In Progress)
by Brian Austin Whitney. 09/06/21 12:40 AM
Blending Political Discourse, Conspiracy Theories,
by WilliamMahler. 09/05/21 09:49 PM
Eco-Heroes Contest, Artists, Lower Emissions
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/05/21 01:16 PM
"How Songs Get Cut" with Rand Bishop
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/04/21 08:54 PM
Rivers of Destiny
by Bill Draper. 09/04/21 07:59 PM
my recording set up
by Bill Draper. 09/04/21 06:00 PM
They Live On
by rpirone. 09/04/21 05:51 PM
leftTop Posters(All Time)left
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#571102 - 12/30/07 02:10 AM Becky Nominated w/Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, others!  
bwsongs Offline
Serious Contributor
bwsongs  Offline
Serious Contributor

Tahlequah, OK USA
(Hey, Brian, I REALLY enjoyed performing/hanging out with you all in Kansas City [Toto's Coffee House, Shawnee Mission, KS] in June during the Road Show!! Can't wait until this year's! BW)

Oklahoman Becky Wright Nominated With Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, Dottie Rambo, For Music Awards

KNGR King Country Radio (Daingerfield, TX) Announces Nominees for 2008 FAN APPRECIATION AWARDS, including 2006 ‘Duo of the Year’ Winner, Becky Wright

Becky Wright, inspirational singer/songwriter from northeast Oklahoma, is named among such gospel and country music icons as Dottie Rambo, Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Dolly Parton, Carrie Underwood, Susie Luchsinger, Ricky Skaggs, Martina McBride, and others for several music awards. The public is urged to cast their votes for this first round BEFORE Jan. 18th, by going to www.kingcountryagapefest.com and following the link to VOTE (free). Voters may return for the Semi-final Voting Round after Jan. 18th to vote for the Top 5 in each category. The winners will be announced at the 8th Annual Agape Fest Fan Appreciation Awards Show, to be held Sat. May 31st in Jefferson, TX.

The Agape Fest, which originally began in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area several years ago before moving to east Texas, will host over 100 Christian Country, Gospel, Contemporary, Inspirational, and Positive Country artists for four days of live performances around the historic city of Jefferson, TX (www.jefferson-texas.com). Artist workshops, a talent competition, and family-friendly day and nightly entertainment will highlight the week. Artists who wish to participate in the festival and/or talent competition, and interested fans, may visit www.kingcountryagapefest.com for more information. Vendors may call KNGR Radio (www.kingcountry.org ) at (903) 645-4325 for pricing & booth availability.

FREE to the public, the festival is expected to draw in excess of 10,000 visitors and gospel and country music fans from May 28th-June 1st, 2008. The event culminates in the Awards Show on Saturday, which will be later broadcast on television. The vision of the King Country Agape Fest is "to spread the AGAPE (unconditional) love of Jesus around the world, and to support the artists in gospel and country music who share in that mission."

Becky Wright won "Duo of the Year" with Tommy Brandt in 2006 (for “Child of My Heart”), and was a Top 5 Finalist for the Female Horizon Award in 2006 & 2007. She would appreciate your consideration for the following categories in which she has been nominated for 2008:

Female Vocalist of the Year
Female Horizon Award
Female Songwriter of the Year
Favorite Christian Country Song: "Billy's Train"
Encourager
Award of Outstanding Achievement

Wright is most noted for her adoption song, “Child of My Heart”, and performs around the country at various public and private adoption events. In November (National Adoption Month), she performed for the State of Oklahoma, Hope Ministries, and Tarrant County (Ft. Worth), Texas. February 9th, 2008, Wright will perform for the Premiere of the NW Arkansas Adoption Coalition near Fayetteville, AR, and in September for the annual conference of ATTACH.org in Charlotte, NC.

Wright’s current single, “Billy’s Train”, has catapulted up music charts, landing at #27 in the December issue of Power Source Magazine (Top 100 Christian Country Songs), and receiving rave reviews from radio D.J’s, fans, and Christian Music Weekly. It is the second release from her 2006 CD, “No Denying”, produced by Grammy & Dove Award-winning Dave Moody, owner of Lamon Records in Charlotte, NC. Becky is a Staff Missionary of Artists in Christian Testimony, Intl, a non-profit organization based in Nashville, TN. She is also a member of Just Plain Folks (www.jpfolks.com), a songwriter site with over 40,000 members worldwide.

Wright’s 2008 Concert Tour includes churches, festivals, coffeehouses, and more, and is expanding through the Midwest USA, New England, and Canada. Scheduling information is available through the official website, www.beckywrightsongs.com . [High resolution photo link: http://www.computercentralok.us/subsite2/gallery.htm ]

Last edited by bwsongs; 12/30/07 02:11 AM.

Becky on CD w/STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN!
FEMALE SONGWRITER of the YEAR 2008
Dallas Songwriters Top 10 ('06)
GMA/Dove '07 1st Ballot-Inspo Song
Broadjam Top 10 Songs-OK,
Top 10 Religious Pop in the Earth
Agape Fest Duo of the Year '06
url=http://www.beckywrightsongs.com]http://www.beckywrightsongs.com[/url]
#571182 - 12/30/07 05:22 PM Re: Becky Nominated w/Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, others! [Re: bwsongs]  
Kenny Chaffin Offline
Casual Observer
Kenny Chaffin  Offline
Casual Observer

Aurora, CO
Hi Becky, I'm new here and relatively new to songwriting but wanted to say a big CONGRATULATIONS! to you. And particularly since I'm a (former) native Oklahoman. smile

KAC

Last edited by Kenny Chaffin; 12/30/07 05:23 PM.

Kenny A. Chaffin
KAC Website Design - http://www.kacweb.com
Poetry: http://www.kacweb.com/poems/index.html
Art: http://www.kacweb.com/artgallery.html
Photo Gallery: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum.cgi
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
#571197 - 12/30/07 06:07 PM Re: Becky Nominated w/Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, others! [Re: Kenny Chaffin]  
ONOFFON Offline
Serious Contributor
ONOFFON  Offline
Serious Contributor

Studio City, CA, U.S.A.
Congratulations on all of your nominations, Becky!!!

As an independent, it's very exciting to receive accolades alongside all those established stars that have the benefit of the industry's promotional machine pushing them.

It speaks volumes for your accomplishments!!!

Cheers and the best of luck to you!

Von from ONOFFON

#571271 - 12/30/07 10:14 PM Re: Becky Nominated w/Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, others! [Re: ONOFFON]  
Lynn Orloff Offline
Top 40 Poster
Lynn Orloff  Offline
Top 40 Poster

PA of the great USA
Congratulations to you and thank you for all you do in His name.

Best,
Lynn

My Music at Soundclick
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=788266

~call it a blessing or call it a curse, but I see all of life in verse~

Always open to collaborations smile

God Bless Our Military!!!
#571494 - 12/31/07 10:28 PM Re: Becky Nominated w/Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, others! [Re: Lynn Orloff]  
Brian Austin Whitney Offline
Brian Austin Whitney  Offline

Top 10 Poster

Indianapolis, IN USA
Good for you Becky! It was great to finally get over to Kansas this year and I look forward to making it to Oklahoma in 2008 or 2009 as well.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..."

[Linked Image]
#572605 - 01/04/08 10:18 PM Re: Becky Nominated w/Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, others! [Re: Brian Austin Whitney]  
Bob Cushing Offline
Bob Cushing  Offline

Top 100 Poster

cincinnati oh usa
Pretty heady company...Way to go!

bc
#572657 - 01/05/08 12:21 AM Re: Becky Nominated w/Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, others! [Re: Bob Cushing]  
Letha Allen Offline
Top 200 Poster
Letha Allen  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Michigan
Hi Becky,

I am new here too, but I want to congratulate you. Stories like yours sometimes keep our dreams alive...

Letha

/forum/forumhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.jpfolks.com%2Fforum%2Fubbthreads.php%2Ftopics%2F571182%2Fre-becky-nominated-w-carrie-underwood-kenny-chesney-others.html