Hi Derrik and Vermont JPF folks. I missed out on the Brattleboro stop of the roadtrip due to health reasons, but I'm back on my feet and I actually have a gig in your neck of the woods this Friday, July 8th. I also wanted to let you know that my annual summer party is tentatively scheduled for August 13th or 14th....so please let me know your preference and I will cast the date in stone once I hear back from everyone. This year we are trying to get members from every New England state to attend! I live 60 minutes from Brattleboro, to give you an idea of the travel time. Hope to see you soon!

The gig details for Friday are below as well as my recent newsletter.

Lisa Martin Live Music - July/August 2005!

Hi Everyone! A warm welcome (to go along with this heatwave) to all the new members of the mailing list! I hope you are all enjoying the summer thus far and that the weather will continue to be kind.

June was a whirlwind, but we had a blast! 12 shows, 4 states, 1500 miles and lots of great music and memories. Special thanks to the Just Plain Folks organization for another successful East Coast roadtrip and to all the great musicians we met along the way. Check out photos, etc at www.jpfolks.com Heartfelt thanks also to those of you who took time out of your busy schedules to come out and support us.

I'm participating in a contest at the Majestic Theater this month. Details are below. Come on out if you can. Your support is greatly appreciated :-)

On a side note, I was informed by one of my listeners that "Set Me On Fire" was played on AOL radio at about 1:30am a couple of weeks ago! So if you find yourself having a sleepless night, tune in to AOL radio and maybe you'll catch one of my songs.

I'd also like to thank Guy-Michael Grande and my wonderful percussionist, Brad Willard, for sharing an acoustic gig on the patio at the Storrowtown Tavern this past Saturday. It was a beautiful summer evening and the crowd and staff were terrific. Thanks to all for playing along with our antics and making the evening so much fun! We hope to play there again soon.

Lots of great stuff coming up as well as a much needed vacation! Read on below for the schedule and hope to see you soon! As always, check the website for changes/additions to the schedule at www.lisa-martin.com

All the best,

Lisa
*********************************************************************************************
July 8, 2005
7:00-9:00pm
River Arts Project Summer Music Series
Westminster West Town Hall
Westminster West, VT
Acoustic show. VT native, Julie Waters, all-things-stringed
instrumentalist opens.

July 10, 2005
6:00pm
Road Rally Benefit for Leukemia
Maximum Capacity
Memorial Dr. Chicopee, MA
All day event which ends with musical performances by
Avalanche and Lisa Martin.

July 26, 2005
7:00pm
Open Stage Competition
Majestic Theater
West Springfield, MA
Hosted by Floyd Patterson, this weekly contest chooses
the top 3 performers of the evening and then those people
move onto the semi-finals and finals. Performers compete
for cash prizes and a chance to perform at the Majestic Theater
during their regular season. Come on out and
boost my applause meter :-)
Congratulations to Guy-Michael Grande for securing a
slot in the semi finals by taking 1st place on June 21st!

July 28, 2005
12:00 - 1:30pm
City Block Lunchtime Concerts
Tower Square, Springfield, MA
Come on out for lunch and enjoy some music!

July 30, 2005
5:00 - 6:45pm
Celebrate Ludlow
Ludlow Fish & Game Club
Sportsman's Road, Ludlow, MA
Event kicks off at 3:00pm. Food, games, rides
and live music with Lisa Martin and Brass Attack!
Best fireworks display in Western MA follows at 9:15pm!

August 5, 2005
7:30pm
Folk Fusion Fridays!
Stonebridge Bistro
Onset, MA
Acoustic show with opener Susan Lainey followed by
Lisa Martin at 8:00pm and feature performer Rebecca Correia!
Great food and beautiful view of Onset Harbor.

August 12, 2005
12:00 - 1:30pm
City Block Lunchtime Concerts
Tower Square
Springfield, MA
Join us again for a nice reprieve from the daily grind.

August 19, 2005
4:30 - 6:30pm
Wilbraham Peach Festival
Fountain Park
Wilbraham, MA
Opening day of the 21st annual festival. Lisa Martin band kicks off the evening's events which include the popular antique car show.