Hiya gang! I stumbled across this forum while surfing the internet. Pretty awesome concept you guys have here, and I bet this chapter is continually growing.

Anyways, I thought I'd let you guys know that there's an online social group in the Houston area called MeetIn.Org - it's a completely free website that's run by all the members (you and me). The Houston chapter has over 400 members right now, and there's always different kinds of events being hosted by various members living in Houston. There's a lot of music-related events like concerts and stuff. But the over-all purpose of the site is just to bring people from Houston together, to just socialize and make new friends. It's a nice change of pace from all the dating websites that also make you pay.

My name's Drew, by the way! Me and my friend Mari have taken initiative to host a monthly Social Mixer to just bring people from all over the Houston area to come out and socialize. I invite all of you to check out our event page, and see if it catches your interest. So far, we have over 30 people RSVP for our first Social Mixer in September, and it's only going to get bigger!

This is a completely non-profit organization and you don't pay a cent. I just thought I'd pass the word around if there are people out there that want to get out of the house for a few hours to socialize and possibly make some new friends.

MeetIn Houston September Social Mixer

If you guys have any questions, shoot me an email. This Social Mixer is going to be a monthly thing, so if you can't make it out in September, there's always next month!

Cheers
-Drew

Oh yeah, I'll also try to refer members from MeetInHouston over to this message board as well. This is a neat message board!