Below you will find the NEEDS for the two community programs. Brian sent out an email explaining why these programs are important to Just Plain Folks. If you did not receive this email please contact me and I will be happy to provide you with a copy. Also, if you see where you can fill a date then please contact me via email or phone. (see signature below)

Doris Shimaluke is the Intergenerational Director and the contact person.
"One" Mark Taper
Intergenerational CTR
17400 Victory Blvd
Reseda, CA

The program, consists of a 20 minute commitment of singalongs, (Penni Merrick has copies of the songs for you already). The facility and her set-up the ongoing program for every 4th Tuesday of the month. The audience consists of 15 seniors and 15 children from the ages of 3 to 5.

The needs are listed below:

September 25th 11am Tuesday (FILLED)
October 23nd 11am Tuesday (need 2 people)
November 27th 11am Tuesday (need 2 people)

The second current program:

Micki Schulman is the contact person for the facility.
Flor Guerreco is the Activities director at the Westwood Facility.
Country Villa Westwood Conv.
12121 Santa Monica Blvd
Westwood, CA

This program is in two parts. There is a Concert program is where a performer or performers play classical, big band era, jazz, or lite mellow type music to a captive audience so to speak. The Strolling Minstrel program is more relaxed and flexible in the type or genre of music but should still be mellow. The strolling minstrel is just what it sounds like, the musician or musicians go from room to room singing to the residents that cannot leave their rooms for whatever reasons. They also serenade the staff as well. The time frames for this is from 2p to 3p consisting of an hours performance. The facility and I set this up for an ongoing rotation of every 2nd Saturday of the month. This facility does have a piano but no PA system. The musician who does the Concert would have to bring their own PA system. Unless they can project really well. The strolling musician is not affected by the needs of a PA.

The needs are listed below: We need 3 artists for each of these shows!

September 8th 2p - 3p Saturday both Concert and Strolling musician(s)
October 13th 2p - 3p Saturday Concert only November 10th 2p - 3p Saturday both Concert and Strolling musician(s)
---------------------------------

My email address: PenniJPF@aol.com

------------------
Penni Merrick, LA Coordinator
P: 818-989-1617

Penni Merrick
http://www.pemerridesigns.com
818-786-8996