Who's Online Now
21 registered members (couchgrouch, 9ne, CTthomas, Dave Rice, ckiphen, Fdemetrio, AntonyRobWells, Everett Adams, 3 invisible), and 367 guests, and
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Member Spotlight
90 dB
90 dB
Florida
Posts: 942
Joined: November 2011
Show All Member Profiles 
What's Going On
Rare old times. Travis and Vic
by Vicarn. 07/09/20 04:05 PM
Can't Make You Love Me
by Songbird52. 07/09/20 12:35 PM
Edit: ALL Corona Virus Post MUST Go Here
by Fdemetrio. 07/09/20 10:30 AM
Angels?
by Vicarn. 07/09/20 07:39 AM
New York City Cowboy
by Steve Altonian. 07/09/20 01:28 AM
This body that I see
by CTthomas. 07/08/20 10:05 PM
A Daydream Night
by Fdemetrio. 07/08/20 09:42 PM
I Canít Wait To Fall Asleep Tonight
by CTthomas. 07/08/20 08:40 PM
Eternal Twilight
by Two Singers. 07/08/20 07:42 PM
White Trash Diaper Rash (video)
by Martin Lide. 07/08/20 07:39 PM
You Shine // just added Ourstage link
by John W. Selleck. 07/08/20 06:23 PM
Natural Melodies?
by John W. Selleck. 07/08/20 05:42 PM
URIAH KEENE( Rewrite 3)
by Travis david. 07/08/20 04:25 PM
Wisdom's Jungle Wilderness 3
by Perry Neal Crawford. 07/08/20 03:34 PM
Wisdom's Jungle Wilderness 2
by Perry Neal Crawford. 07/08/20 02:45 PM
Rose. Lyric update.
by Vicarn. 07/08/20 05:46 AM
For My Hero John Prine
by Steve Altonian. 07/08/20 03:55 AM
Watching From The Sidelines
by Roy Cooper. 07/08/20 03:15 AM
I've Got Her Right Where She Wants Me
by John W. Selleck. 07/07/20 09:57 PM
Spread Your Wings & Fly
by Steve Altonian. 07/07/20 08:59 PM
Anyone seen Mackie H. lately?
by John W. Selleck. 07/07/20 07:46 PM
Reverbnation
by Martin Lide. 07/07/20 06:41 PM
Difference Between Lead Sheet & Sheet Music...
by Fdemetrio. 07/07/20 05:41 PM
STAN'S SONG
by Travis david. 07/07/20 02:12 PM
Said and Done
by Bobby Wayne. 07/07/20 01:12 PM
Moon in the sky
by ckiphen. 07/07/20 11:01 AM
Six Brown Brothers
by Calvin. 07/06/20 10:07 PM
Hi It's Glyn (glenda or glynda)
by Travis david. 07/06/20 01:58 PM
Prayer
by Tom Franz. 07/06/20 10:14 AM
Top Posters(All Time)
Calvin 19,834
Travis david 11,881
Kevin Emmrich 10,653
Jean Bullock 10,330
Kaley Willow 10,240
Two Singers 9,633
Joice Marie 9,186
Mackie H. 8,845
glynda 8,677
Mike Dunbar 8,574
Tricia Baker 8,318
Colin Ward 7,909
couchgrouch 7,781
Dave Rice 7,710
Corey 7,357
Mark Kaufman 6,584
Wyman Lloyd 6,578
Vicarn 6,568
ben willis 6,107
Lynn Orloff 5,788
Louis 5,725
niteshift 5,682
Linda Sings 5,608
KimberlyinNC 5,210
Neil Cotton 4,909
Derek Hines 4,893
DonnaMarilyn 4,666
Blake Hill 4,528
Bob Cushing 4,376
Roy Cooper 4,240
Bill Osofsky 4,199
Tom Shea 4,179
Cindy Miller 4,178
TamsNumber4 4,104
nightengale 4,096
MFB III 3,926
Caroline 3,865
Kolstad 3,814
Dan Sullivan 3,710
beechnut79 3,580
E Swartz 3,485
Dottie 3,427
joewatt 3,411
Bill Cooper 3,279
John Hoffman 3,199
Skip Johnson 3,027
Pam Hurley 3,007
Terry G 3,005
PopTodd 2,890
Harriet Ames 2,870
Nigel Quin 2,842
MidniteBob 2,712
Nelson 2,603
Tom Tracy 2,558
Polly Hager 2,526
Jerry Jakala 2,524
Al Alvarez 2,499
Eric Thome 2,448
Hummingbird 2,401
Fdemetrio 2,369
Stan Loh 2,263
Sam Wilson 2,242
Judy Hollier 2,232
Wendy D 2,219
Erica Ellis 2,202
TrumanCoyote 2,096
Marty Helly 2,027
maccharles 1,988
DukeWill 1,988
floyd jane 1,985
Martin Lide 1,954
Clint Anglin 1,904
cindyrella 1,888
David Wright 1,866
Clairejeanne 1,851
Cindy LaRosa 1,824
Ronald Boyt 1,675
Iggy 1,650
Noel Downs 1,620
Rick Heenan 1,608
Cal 1,574
Jack Swain 1,554
GocartMoz 1,552
Pete Larsen 1,537
Ann Tygart 1,529
Tom Breshers 1,487
Tom Franz 1,473
RogerS 1,471
Chuck Crowe 1,441
Ralph Blight 1,440
Kenneth Cade 1,429
Rick Norton 1,428
bholt 1,411
Letha Allen 1,408
in2piano 1,404
Stan Simons 1,402
mattbanx 1,384
Jen Shaner 1,373
Charlie Wong 1,347
KevinP 1,324
Vondelle 1,316
Tom W. 1,313
Jan Petter 1,301
Deej56 1,298
scottandrew 1,292
DakLander 1,265
PeteG 1,242
Ian Ferrin 1,230
Glen King 1,214
Gerry 1,210
IdeaGuy 1,209
lane1777 1,177
AaronAuthier 1,177
summeoyo 1,167
Diane Ewing 1,158
joro 1,082
BobbyJoe 1,075
S.DEE 1,040
yann 1,037
Tony A 1,016
IronKnee 1,008
argo 986
peaden 984
Wolvman 960
90 dB 942
9ne 917
Jak Kelly 912
krtinberg 890
Drifter 886
Petra 883
RJC 845
Brenda152 840
Nadia 829
Juan 797
TKO 784
Dayson 781
frahmes 781
teletwang 762
ant 747
Andy K 746
tbryson 737
Andy Kemp 734
Jackie444 731
3daveyO3 704
Dixie 701
Joy Boy 695
Knute 686
Lee Arten 678
Irwin 666
Katziis 652
R.T.MOORE 638
Pat Hardy 637
quality 637
Moosesong 636
CG King 622
douglas 621
Mel 614
NaomiSue 601
Shandy 589
Ria 587
TAMERA64 583
qbaum 570
nitepiano 566
JAPOV 563
pRISCILLA 556
Tink2 553
musica 539
deanbell 528
RobertK 527
R&M 525
BonzaiWag 523
Roderic 522
BB Wilbur 511
goodfolks 499
Zeek 487
Stu 486
Steve P. 481
KathyW 462
allenb 459
MaxG 458
Philjo 454
fanito 448
trush48 448
dmk 442
arealrush 437
DGR 436
avweek 435
Stephen D 433
Emmy 431
Rob L 426
marquez 422
kit 419
Softkrome 417
kyrksongs 415
RRon 408
Laura G. 407
VNORTH 407
Debra 407
eb 406
cuebald 399
EdPerrone 399
Dannyk1 395
Hobart 395
Davyboy49 393
Smile 389
GJShades 387
Ezt 384
tone 380
Marla 380
Cecilee 379
iggyiggy 378
ckiphen 377
coalminer 377
java 374
spidey 371
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#1165043 - 06/06/20 12:59 AM Precious Moment  
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Irwin Offline
Top 500 Poster
Irwin  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Georgetown,Guyana,South Americ...
I have produced and written this song, is the production something decent to listen.

https://soundcloud.com/user-148093629/precious-moment

(edit to put lyric June 7,2020)

Precious Moment
©2019 Irwin Byron Abrigo
-
(1st Verse)
Precious moment, Precious moment
This moment of my life, Just to have you here tonight
With your body next to mine in this, precious moment
Precious moment, Precious moment

This moment it feels so good and I hope you feel the same way too
Coz itís you I don't want to lose in this precious moment
-
(Chorus)
And I wanna be loved; I wanna be loved by you
Before the night is through, I wanna be loved by you
In this precious moment, precious moment
-
(2nd verse)
This moment in your arms, is like music to my song
Cause you fill my heart with joy in this precious moment
Precious moment, Precious moment
-
This moment it can't be denied coz you are making me feel so fine
Donít stop or I will die in this precious moment
-
(Chorus)
And I wanna be loved I wanna be loved by you
Before the night is through I wanna be loved by you
In this precious moment, precious moment
-
(Bridge)
You can hold me and make love to me tonight
Squeeze me but donít tease me and then leave me
In this precious moment precious moment
-
(Repeat chorus)





Last edited by Irwin; 06/07/20 12:42 AM.
#1165076 - 06/06/20 07:34 PM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Irwin]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 118
Guy E. Trepanier Offline
Serious Contributor
Guy E. Trepanier  Offline
Serious Contributor

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 118
Quebec
Good pop song.
Good singing.
Good rhythm.

Maybe post the lyrics here.

_ _ _
Have fun!


K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple and Singable
Soundclick: Songs buy Guy E. Trepanier
#1165082 - 06/07/20 12:46 AM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Guy E. Trepanier]  
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Irwin Offline
Top 500 Poster
Irwin  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Georgetown,Guyana,South Americ...
Originally Posted by Guy E. Trepanier
Good pop song.
Good singing.
Good rhythm.

Maybe post the lyrics here.

_ _ _
Have fun!


Thanks for the reply Trepanier, I not too long edit my post and put in the lyric (I did made mention of me edited it)

Hope you'll enjoy the read.

Irwin

#1165122 - 06/07/20 05:22 PM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Irwin]  
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 665
Steve Altonian Online content
Top 500 Poster
Steve Altonian  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 665
Los Angeles, California
Irwin,

I like so much of this and it is feel good pop song, This is different from your other stuff & I see growth as a Producer. But your question means you have your doubts...

To answer your original question: The production is clear,& the recording is crisp...Great job..I think maybe the track is missing some counter melodies....In this type iof music maybe a couple stops with the drums earler than you did, to break up the monotany a tad would help...This would define the Arrangement a little more IMO. I think it needs a couple more instruments doing ear candy without stepping on your arrangement. I would have looked for some poppy pads/chimes/bells combo maybe...

I do think you guys let a couple thing go vocally that maybe could have been fixed by the vocalist, or used some pitch correction software.

The time of your track could be cut 2 minutes easy...I think the track would be more effective shorter.

Good up tempo Pop song...That's what I heard..Tracks are getting better Irwin for sure


Steve Altonian---"I'll just do my best & let God do the rest"

http://www.stevealtonian.com
#1165126 - 06/07/20 08:35 PM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Irwin]  
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,369
Fdemetrio Online content
Top 200 Poster
Fdemetrio  Online Content
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,369
id say you're improving. You're learning how to make a song out of the tools you're using. Before it seemed you were just throwing sampled tracks together

The hook is just as good as anything else in that electronica genre. Yeah I think there is pitch problems with the singer. It sounds like a sampled singer and your probably hitting some bumps with the melody and the chords it's playing.

It's a tough genre you need really good samples and have unlimited choices, but the home stuff is very limited.

One thing I would work on is matching what the track is saying with your lyrics.

Precious moments is a good melodic hook but the music doesn't sound sweet and sentimental, it sounds like a get down and boogie track.

Something to think about

But you are clearly getting better.

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 06/20/20 07:43 PM.
#1165225 - 06/09/20 11:26 PM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Steve Altonian]  
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Irwin Offline
Top 500 Poster
Irwin  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Georgetown,Guyana,South Americ...
Originally Posted by Steve Altonian
Irwin,

I like so much of this and it is feel good pop song, This is different from your other stuff & I see growth as a Producer. But your question means you have your doubts...

To answer your original question: The production is clear,& the recording is crisp...Great job..I think maybe the track is missing some counter melodies....In this type iof music maybe a couple stops with the drums earler than you did, to break up the monotany a tad would help...This would define the Arrangement a little more IMO. I think it needs a couple more instruments doing ear candy without stepping on your arrangement. I would have looked for some poppy pads/chimes/bells combo maybe...

I do think you guys let a couple thing go vocally that maybe could have been fixed by the vocalist, or used some pitch correction software.

The time of your track could be cut 2 minutes easy...I think the track would be more effective shorter.

Good up tempo Pop song...That's what I heard..Tracks are getting better Irwin for sure


Hi Steve,

I know that there is a lot more than can be done with this production", but I was not exactly sure what else to do and I really would like the song to become something people will listen, so yes! I had some doubts.

It feels so good to know you have notice that I am improving for I do work very hard to produce a pleasing sound to my music productions.

Also their are some awesome song productions that are being done here on this forum too I have heard.

I thank you very much for your comment and input.

Irwin

#1165226 - 06/09/20 11:38 PM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Fdemetrio]  
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Irwin Offline
Top 500 Poster
Irwin  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Georgetown,Guyana,South Americ...
Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
id say you're improving. You're learning how to make a song out of the tools you're using. Before it seemed you were just throwing sampled tracks together

The hook is just as good as anything else in that electronica genre. Yeah I think there is pitch problems with the singer. It sounds like a sampled singer and your probably hitting some bumps with the melody and the chords it's playing.

It's a tough genre you need really good samples and have unlimited choices, but the home stuff is very limited.

One thing I would work on is matching what the track is saying with your lyrics.

Precious moments is a good melodic hook but the music doesn't sound sweet and sentimental, it sounds like a get down and boogie track.

That's called prosody. Something to think about

But you are clearly getting better.


Hi Fdemetrio,

You have took the time to listen to my song so I'll like to say thanks for your in depth input! I really appreciate it! Iíll see what I can do.

I really want persons to enjoy what they hear when they listen to the songs I produce so your suggestions means a lot to me. .

Irwin

#1165232 - 06/10/20 09:09 AM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Irwin]  
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,710
Dave Rice Online content
Top 30 Poster
Dave Rice  Online Content
Top 30 Poster

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,710
Texas
Hi Irwin:

Heather did a great job for you on this one. Admittedly, this is not a song I would seek on my radio... but old geezers like me tend to like what they "grew up with!" LOL! Since your arrival, you have shown steady improvement and I admire your tenacity. Best of luck with this one and in everything you do.

----Dave

#1165643 - 06/20/20 08:09 PM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Dave Rice]  
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Irwin Offline
Top 500 Poster
Irwin  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Georgetown,Guyana,South Americ...
Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Hi Irwin:

Heather did a great job for you on this one. Admittedly, this is not a song I would seek on my radio... but old geezers like me tend to like what they "grew up with!" LOL! Since your arrival, you have shown steady improvement and I admire your tenacity. Best of luck with this one and in everything you do.

----Dave


Yes Dave, I have notice a little improvement in myself as well but I am not fully satisfy as I would like to with my music productions I want them to be better.

I am happy to know you have notice and admired my tenacity.

Thanks very much for the reply.

Irwin

#1165708 - 06/21/20 03:24 PM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Irwin]  
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 69
Songbird52 Online content
Serious Contributor
Songbird52  Online Content
Serious Contributor

Joined: May 2020
Posts: 69
Nice rhythm, good singing. Very danceable. I like the simplicity of the lyrics.

#1165770 - 06/22/20 08:35 PM Re: Precious Moment [Re: Irwin]  
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,552
GocartMoz Offline
Top 200 Poster
GocartMoz  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,552
Florida
Irwin,

Very nice pop/dance tune. I think it is the best I have heard from you. Really nice female vocal. There was some clipping I heard in the vocal. Other than that, I really thougt the production was spot on. I agree with alot of Steve's comment, with respect to adding some more ear candy hear and there. Nicely done. I thought for this type of tune, it may have been a bit long, as there were not enough different parts to justify it. That being said, this could be the extended dance mix. smile

#1165838 - 06/24/20 11:06 AM Re: Precious Moment [Re: GocartMoz]  
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Irwin Offline
Top 500 Poster
Irwin  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 666
Georgetown,Guyana,South Americ...
Originally Posted by GocartMoz
Irwin,

Very nice pop/dance tune. I think it is the best I have heard from you. Really nice female vocal. There was some clipping I heard in the vocal. Other than that, I really thougt the production was spot on. I agree with alot of Steve's comment, with respect to adding some more ear candy hear and there. Nicely done. I thought for this type of tune, it may have been a bit long, as there were not enough different parts to justify it. That being said, this could be the extended dance mix. smile


Hi GocartMoz, Your comment are are very much welcome and I am happy that you like my production. About the the song being a bit too long, I should have notice that it has being repeated has it was uploaded.

I thank you very much for the reply.

Irwin


Support Just Plain Folks

We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.


Membership
Join Just Plain Folks
to receive the free
JPNotes Newsletter!
*this is separate from
message board registration*

Newest Members
CraigAllen, Styillz, Cloudrider, Autumn22, Scott_Smith
21280 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums116
Topics120,524
Posts1,133,967
Members21,280
Average Posts Daily40
Most Online37,523
Jan 25th, 2020
Just Plain Quotes
"Defeatist Pessimists and Rose Colored Glasses Optimists are lonely companions, victims even. Both ideologies imply predestined outcomes, and therefore breed inactivity in its victims. Inaction is the only sure way to lose at anything in life. All positive action guarantees at least a fighting chance." -Brian Austin Whitney
Today's Birthdays
Fais54 (28)
Popular Topics(Views)
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0