Posting this to 'save' it until I can listen, here to avoid disrupting Brian's emergency announcement 1/30/2020.
Writers,

I hadnít listened to Bartís complete interview when I sent out the link. It is a mind-blower, and very information-heavy. Wow!

He goes through the history of how songwriters got paid (not paid ☹), copyright law, songwriter legislation, the Music Licensing Modernization Act, The Mechanical Licensing Collective (MCL), and more thatís coming.

It is a real education in what has happened and what is going to happen for songwriters in the music business.

Here it is again: https://songwritingpro.com/blog/blog_detail/interview-with-nsai-executive-director-bart-herbison

Take the time to listen to the end and you will join an ďeliteĒ group of literate songwriters. Subscribe to ďThe C.L.I.M.B.Ē Podcast for more.

God bless Bart Herbison and all of the Nashville NSAI leaders! If you donít belong to NSAI, this interview you help you understand why you should.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? www.garyeandrews.com