Who's Online Now
15 registered members (John W. Selleck, couchgrouch, Gavin Sinclair, Everett Adams, E Swartz, Irwin, Gary E. Andrews, Kevin Emmrich, 2 invisible), and 1,123 guests, and
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Member Spotlight
Posts: 69
Joined: April 2008
Show All Member Profiles 
What's Going On
"One Of Those Days"
by Gavin Sinclair. 11/16/19 01:03 PM
A First in CMA History
by Gavin Sinclair. 11/16/19 08:48 AM
A Message of Thanks
by John W. Selleck. 11/15/19 08:44 PM
"Talked To A Gypsy"
by Gary E. Andrews. 11/15/19 09:26 AM
The Same Sun Shines On Us All
by Vicarn. 11/14/19 07:01 PM
Looking for Leonard Cohen (single release)!
by Wendy D. 11/14/19 04:21 PM
Need to Pray
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 02:32 PM
Perfect Girl
by ckiphen. 11/14/19 11:13 AM
A darker side of me
by ckiphen. 11/14/19 11:10 AM
Rock This Life
by CTthomas. 11/14/19 10:40 AM
One of those days...
by Ray E. Strode. 11/14/19 09:49 AM
How are songwriters faring in Nashville?
by Gary E. Andrews. 11/14/19 08:53 AM
Columbus, Ohio November 2019 Update
by Gary E. Andrews. 11/14/19 08:40 AM
RAGING STORMS
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 04:55 AM
Am I worth it?
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 04:49 AM
I Could Get Used To This
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 04:42 AM
He’s Not Crying In His Beer (Neil Cotton)
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 04:27 AM
What's In the Air
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 04:22 AM
Future Callin'
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 12:51 AM
Liberals Crawled Out of the Ocean
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 12:41 AM
That Farmer's Son. revised LYRICS 8'15
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 12:32 AM
Back From Who I Am 1st rewrite
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 12:21 AM
Step In To The Light
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 12:08 AM
Spawned By The Swamp
by John W. Selleck. 11/14/19 12:03 AM
I Know the Ropes
by couchgrouch. 11/13/19 05:30 PM
I Should Be So Lucky
by couchgrouch. 11/13/19 05:26 PM
Wild horses. New version. Vic
by Vicarn. 11/13/19 03:41 PM
Deep Blue Sea
by Mark Kaufman. 11/13/19 11:02 AM
Smuggler's Moon
by 90 dB. 11/13/19 09:38 AM
Blending Music - Sir Howard Morrison
by niteshift. 11/12/19 07:49 AM
Top Posters(All Time)
Calvin 19,776
Travis david 11,593
Kevin Emmrich 10,564
Jean Bullock 10,330
Kaley Willow 10,240
Two Singers 9,600
Joice Marie 9,186
Mackie H. 8,844
glynda 8,613
Mike Dunbar 8,574
Tricia Baker 8,318
Colin Ward 7,907
couchgrouch 7,602
Dave Rice 7,385
Corey 7,357
Wyman Lloyd 6,578
Mark Kaufman 6,561
Joe Wrabek 6,403
Vicarn 6,151
ben willis 6,106
Lynn Orloff 5,788
Louis 5,725
Linda Sings 5,608
niteshift 5,509
KimberlyinNC 5,210
Neil Cotton 4,909
Derek Hines 4,893
DonnaMarilyn 4,652
Blake Hill 4,528
Bob Cushing 4,363
Bill Osofsky 4,199
Tom Shea 4,179
Cindy Miller 4,178
Roy Cooper 4,164
nightengale 4,092
TamsNumber4 4,074
Caroline 3,865
MFB III 3,846
Kolstad 3,813
Dan Sullivan 3,710
beechnut79 3,507
Dottie 3,427
joewatt 3,411
E Swartz 3,405
Bill Cooper 3,279
John Hoffman 3,199
Skip Johnson 3,027
Pam Hurley 3,007
Terry G 3,005
PopTodd 2,890
Harriet Ames 2,870
Nigel Quin 2,812
MidniteBob 2,707
Nelson 2,570
Tom Tracy 2,558
Polly Hager 2,526
Jerry Jakala 2,524
Al Alvarez 2,499
Eric Thome 2,448
Hummingbird 2,401
Stan Loh 2,263
Sam Wilson 2,242
Judy Hollier 2,232
Wendy D 2,217
Erica Ellis 2,202
TrumanCoyote 2,096
Marty Helly 2,014
DukeWill 1,985
floyd jane 1,982
maccharles 1,961
Clint Anglin 1,904
cindyrella 1,888
David Wright 1,866
Clairejeanne 1,851
Cindy LaRosa 1,824
Ronald Boyt 1,675
Iggy 1,650
Noel Downs 1,620
Rick Heenan 1,597
Martin Lide 1,589
Cal 1,574
Jack Swain 1,554
Pete Larsen 1,537
Ann Tygart 1,529
Tom Breshers 1,487
Fdemetrio 1,485
RogerS 1,462
Tom Franz 1,455
GocartMoz 1,441
Chuck Crowe 1,441
Ralph Blight 1,440
Kenneth Cade 1,429
Rick Norton 1,428
bholt 1,411
Letha Allen 1,408
in2piano 1,404
Stan Simons 1,402
mattbanx 1,384
Jen Shaner 1,373
Charlie Wong 1,347
KevinP 1,324
Vondelle 1,316
Tom W. 1,313
Jan Petter 1,301
scottandrew 1,292
DakLander 1,265
PeteG 1,242
Ian Ferrin 1,230
Glen King 1,214
IdeaGuy 1,209
AaronAuthier 1,177
Diane Ewing 1,158
Gerry 1,144
summeoyo 1,126
lane1777 1,092
joro 1,082
BobbyJoe 1,075
Deej56 1,064
S.DEE 1,040
yann 1,037
Tony A 1,016
argo 986
peaden 984
Wolvman 960
IronKnee 947
Jak Kelly 912
krtinberg 890
Drifter 886
9ne 886
Petra 883
90 dB 868
RJC 845
Brenda152 840
Nadia 829
Juan 797
TKO 784
frahmes 781
teletwang 762
Andy K 744
tbryson 737
Andy Kemp 733
ant 732
Jackie444 731
3daveyO3 704
Dayson 703
Dixie 701
Joy Boy 695
Knute 686
Lee Arten 678
Katziis 652
R.T.MOORE 638
quality 637
Irwin 627
CG King 622
douglas 621
Pat Hardy 619
Mel 614
Moosesong 603
NaomiSue 601
Shandy 589
Ria 587
TAMERA64 583
qbaum 570
nitepiano 566
pRISCILLA 556
Tink2 553
musica 539
deanbell 528
RobertK 527
BonzaiWag 523
Roderic 522
BB Wilbur 511
goodfolks 499
R&M 493
Zeek 487
Stu 486
Steve P. 481
KathyW 462
allenb 459
MaxG 458
Philjo 454
fanito 448
trush48 448
dmk 442
arealrush 437
DGR 436
avweek 435
Stephen D 433
Emmy 431
Rob L 426
marquez 422
kit 419
Softkrome 417
kyrksongs 415
RRon 408
Laura G. 407
VNORTH 407
Debra 407
eb 406
JAPOV 399
cuebald 399
EdPerrone 399
Dannyk1 395
Hobart 395
Davyboy49 393
Smile 389
GJShades 387
Ezt 384
tone 380
Marla 380
Cecilee 379
iggyiggy 378
coalminer 377
java 374
spidey 371
Register Today!
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.

By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1157334 - 10/04/19 06:00 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
Ummm.... Lol.... I believe the premise of this entire thread has been "The belief in global warming is a religion...." The real question should be, if this premise is true, then who is God?

#1157351 - 10/05/19 08:50 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
Fdemetrio Offline
Top 200 Poster
Fdemetrio  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
Im not picking sides on left and right, but I will say one thing. Google is known to be favorable to the left. When somebody does a search for say "global Warming" The left view will usually be listed first, while the right buried under the pile. THAT, I dont like, and its easy to not even notice it.. And Polls are virtually useless, every poll in the country said Trump would lose in a landslide.

Here is an article that shows just how many scientists DONT think Global Warming is an issue. Most do believe it but it's certainly not a proven fact

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/en...00-scientists-say-no-convincing-evidence

#1157352 - 10/05/19 09:01 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
Fdemetrio Offline
Top 200 Poster
Fdemetrio  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
If you dont believe me about Google. Type in "Global Warming"

Three top stories: USATODAY, WIRED, and Washington Post

Type in "Trump"

Three top Stories: CNN, NY Times and Washington Post

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 10/05/19 09:33 AM.
#1157354 - 10/05/19 10:45 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
Yea, that’s precisely the reason I dropped my Facebook and Twitter accounts!
Speaking of hostile environments.......

#1157356 - 10/05/19 12:46 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
John Voorpostel Offline
Top 20 Poster
John Voorpostel  Offline
Top 20 Poster

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
Charging Google is favourable to the left in its search algorithms is quite a stretch Fdemetrio.

Simply Google "Google Search Algorithm Inputs" and you will find what it IS they consider. I assure you their political views do not enter into it


If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop

iAccountant --- Info L inc --- Taxboard
#1157359 - 10/05/19 02:28 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
John Voorpostel Offline
Top 20 Poster
John Voorpostel  Offline
Top 20 Poster

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
Oh and Japov. Another interesting fact about the Aztecs, probably more widely known. They were really good at performing half heart transplants


If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop

iAccountant --- Info L inc --- Taxboard
#1157361 - 10/05/19 05:30 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
You’re really up on the Aztecs John, why is that?

#1157363 - 10/05/19 06:03 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 7,602
couchgrouch Online content
Top 30 Poster
couchgrouch  Online Content
Top 30 Poster

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 7,602
A continuing saga...

The NYT is reporting there's a second whistleblower with more information. Well...

...it's me. I've been reluctant to come forward because I'm so afraid of Trump, I have two front doors, both installed by Schiff.

The story may be overshadowed by the breaking news about
Elizabeth Warren. Apparently she was let go as a special needs teacher eighty years ago because she was visibly pregnant with Tonto's baby.


Nashville demos etc:

https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/default.cfm?bandID=431939

other demos:

https://soundcloud.com/wabash-cannibal

Amazon Kindle books by Robert George you may enjoy:

1) Americana

2) Teenage Graceland

3) The Will to Be

4) Fort Mystery

5) Wheel Sea

6) My One True Love
#1157365 - 10/05/19 06:15 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
Funny story... I almost bought a house in Miami, Oklahoma around the same time EW was doing her rain dance. In Oklahoma they take that very seriously... in fact, questions about your bloodlines are on loan applications and such. Turns out, I'm more Indian than she is lol smile

#1157367 - 10/05/19 07:33 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Gavin Sinclair Online content
Top 500 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Conover, North Carolina, USA
Why the cheap shots at Elizabeth Warren all of a sudden? This was supposed to be about cheap shots at people who believe the climate change scientists.

#1157371 - 10/05/19 08:12 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
Just tie that hat securely to your guitar Gavin... So when the floods come we'll know who it belongs to! smile

#1157375 - 10/05/19 11:46 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: JAPOV]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
Originally Posted by JAPOV
Wait a minute... I thought volcanoes were the holes left behind from when the Martians tried to steal the earth's core, but they died from mosquito bites.....?


Then the fish ate the mosquitoes, the cats ate the fish, the cats fertilized the bananas that fed the monkeys that evolved into US! That’s why evolution is still evident to this day... There is no missing link, WE ARE MONKEY/MARTIAN HYBRIDS!!!

#1157377 - 10/06/19 09:52 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,295
Ray E. Strode Online content
Top 30 Poster
Ray E. Strode  Online Content
Top 30 Poster

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,295
Brunswick, Ga. USA
Aw,
All the big spending Libs sat on a wall,
All the big spending Libs had a great fall,
All the Kings horses, all the Kings men,
Couldn't put the Libs together again.

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn,
The Libs are stealing your money,
Show them your scorn!


Ray E. Strode
#1157378 - 10/06/19 10:23 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: JAPOV]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Gavin Sinclair Online content
Top 500 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Conover, North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted by JAPOV
Originally Posted by JAPOV
Wait a minute... I thought volcanoes were the holes left behind from when the Martians tried to steal the earth's core, but they died from mosquito bites.....?


Then the fish ate the mosquitoes, the cats ate the fish, the cats fertilized the bananas that fed the monkeys that evolved into US! That’s why evolution is still evident to this day... There is no missing link, WE ARE MONKEY/MARTIAN HYBRIDS!!!

Well, that would explain some of the folks I know:)

#1157382 - 10/06/19 12:32 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
Would also explain why we all suffer from ADD..... Ha, Joe Biden!

#1157395 - 10/07/19 10:00 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: John Voorpostel]  
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
Fdemetrio Offline
Top 200 Poster
Fdemetrio  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
Charging Google is favourable to the left in its search algorithms is quite a stretch Fdemetrio.

Simply Google "Google Search Algorithm Inputs" and you will find what it IS they consider. I assure you their political views do not enter into it


Nice theories John. Logically, why would I use google to ask if google is biased?

If they are not biased, it lays out like they are, so its just as effective for the left. And im in the middle on politics

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/10/study-google-searches-favor-left-wing-content.php

https://www.allsides.com/blog/audit-google-heavily-favors-cnn-and-left-media-mass-shooting-coverage

https://slate.com/technology/2015/12/why-google-search-results-favor-democrats.html

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 10/07/19 10:41 AM.
#1157446 - 10/08/19 03:27 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 603
Moosesong Offline
Top 500 Poster
Moosesong  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 603
Roseville, CA, USA
a day or two ago, our bratty Pinhead of the United States (POTUS) tweeted about his
Great and Unmatched Wisdom’

no winky face or smiley emoticon. just his bare unabashed pompus opinion of himself. a bratty 8 year-old, pretending to be president.

and this uncontrolled child brat fires any adult in the room that disagrees with him. and this child brat has the freakin nuclear football.

I do not have much hope that any of us will live long enough to see who was right about global warming.


David the (rather not be so very) Elder
Music page
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=707030

#1157450 - 10/08/19 07:30 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: Moosesong]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
Originally Posted by Moosesong
a day or two ago, our bratty Pinhead of the United States (POTUS) tweeted about his
Great and Unmatched Wisdom’

no winky face or smiley emoticon. just his bare unabashed pompus opinion of himself. a bratty 8 year-old, pretending to be president.

and this uncontrolled child brat fires any adult in the room that disagrees with him. and this child brat has the freakin nuclear football.

I do not have much hope that any of us will live long enough to see who was right about global warming.


Hmmm… This is truly a conundrum… I just can’t figure out what liberals expect me to do… Sell my guns? Burn my DD-214? Burn the flag? Renounce my citizenship and oath to this nation’s Constitution? March in the streets and demand recognition despite my unconstitutional leanings? Pat my son on the back and tell him Christianity is a cult and it’s OK to be gay…..?

I don’t think so…

In fact… this is “clear and present” cause to vote for Trump!

#1157451 - 10/08/19 08:17 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
John Voorpostel Offline
Top 20 Poster
John Voorpostel  Offline
Top 20 Poster

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
I noted that "great and unmatched wisdom" tweet quote as well...used in conjunction with his decision to pull troops out of Syria, leaving allies in the fight against ISIS exposed to their very real ememies, the Turks. Kurds and Turks have a complicated history, as do the Kurds and Iraq. After WWI, in the wake of the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire, the English and French in all their Great and Unmatched Wisdom decided to carve up the middle east along their artificially created borders instead of tribal\ethnic lines so that the Kurds are significant minorities in both Turkey and Iraq which has become a problem. Turkey is afraid of Kurdish nationalism and has suppressed them for some time. It was the Kurds that Saddam Hussien gassed for rebelling

In Iraq the Kurds emerged a lot more powerful after US intervention and were leaders in the fight to rid themselves of ISIS..which made the US position more secure, and they also fought with the US against ISIS in Syria.

Now Turkey has made no secret of their desire to solve their Kurdish problem...which is at the heart of the "we are abandoning our allies" argument ...which Trump, in his great and unmatched wisdom has simply poo pood. All he did was warn the Turks not to go beyond reasonable measures in dealing with the Kurds. Yeah....reasonable measures to put down the Kurds is OK...give that the meaning you will...in the end the critics are right in the Trump is abandoning an ally before everything is cleaned up.

More importantly, no other player is leaving and it will be up to others (which Trump also noted) to clean up..to somehow transition the region into peace.

Of course the US will have no say whatever. That will be Syria, Turkey, France, Russia, Iraq, Iran etc...not one of them is abandoning the region.

When I saw that quote I had no real idea of how to react

Part of me said "well it is simply reflective of what a dictator\strong man would say"...and we know Trump admires such leaders. Another part of me thought "what a totally unhinged thing for a president of the USA to say"...it shows full disdain for his advisors, diplomatic corps etc.

So Japov, a definite conundrum which you will have to sort out for yourself. In the end I expect you will think about things and trust your gut.

Good luck


If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop

iAccountant --- Info L inc --- Taxboard
#1157455 - 10/08/19 09:10 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,295
Ray E. Strode Online content
Top 30 Poster
Ray E. Strode  Online Content
Top 30 Poster

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,295
Brunswick, Ga. USA
Eh, Well,
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. The elections in the U.S. allow us, for the most part, to elect our reps every 2 years..
Is it perfect? No, but next election we can change our vote. The Trump haters are so bitter they can't see straight because the people, in accordance with our Constitution rejected their march to Socalism and voted for Free Enterprise instead.

While it is somewhat hidden, the Liberals, Progressives, Democrats, and Commuists want to run the country but they want the Republicans and Conservatives to pay for it. If all those Liberal Programs were working so well, we wouldn't have a nearly 23 Trillion Dollar Federal debt. Uncle Sam pays most of the world's bills now. The Tax payers are tired of it. Trump understands that and is saying it with no holds barred. As long as we give handouts to most of the rest of the world, they will never improve. Got it?


Ray E. Strode
#1157456 - 10/08/19 09:22 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
There were only 50 troops to pull out of Syria..... Trump is bringing our boys home just like he promised. You liberals can’t play it both ways, Trump has never had any interest in policing the world... as evidenced by moving our embassy to Jerusalem. Trump is bringing our troops and business Home, the democrats are just getting in the way.


Last edited by JAPOV; 10/08/19 09:33 AM.
#1157459 - 10/08/19 10:06 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
John Voorpostel Offline
Top 20 Poster
John Voorpostel  Offline
Top 20 Poster

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
To say Trump is not interested in policing the world goes contrary to his stance on Iran, which he has decided in his "great and unmatched wisdom" (and most likely some prodding by Israel and Saudi Arabia) needs to stop being a regional power and definitely needs to scale down its arsenal. In this case, withdrawing from a treaty that was a great first step that could actually be built upon, Trump invents a stick to beat his favourite dog...anything Obama did....and decides unilaterally to impose sanctions. If that is not policing the world...what is? And his attempt...so far unsuccessful...to de nuclearize N Korea? What is that?

And moving the embassy to Jerusalem was an example of policing the world because the US is clearly taking sides at the same time it is trying to find a peace deal. Jersusalem is sacred to the three Abrahamic faiths and the Palestinians and muslims have essentially been shoved aside there with a big slap in their collective face. Here Trump clearly signalled...forget you were ever in Jerusalem...it is not yours anymore...I, in my Great and Unmatched Wisdom" have spoken

And realistically, the number of troops being withdrawn ...and I will take 50 as the number if you say that is all that was left in that operating theatre...is not the point. It is the symbolism...the statement...that matters here.

Now should others pick up the pieces, or take on a greater share? Yup...good point. But if the US wants to have a say, leaving allies and other countries behind there is not the way to go

Still, if it all works out...and the region does not once again descend into war...then IMO he can stand behind his election promise.


If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop

iAccountant --- Info L inc --- Taxboard
#1157462 - 10/08/19 10:16 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 603
Moosesong Offline
Top 500 Poster
Moosesong  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 603
Roseville, CA, USA
Sorry for my doom and gloom rant earlier. this morning. perhaps I even have that in common with Trump, when the world has me so upset that I cant sleep, I get really pissed and lash out with written words.

but I do stand behind him having the personality of a brat child. so many things he does and says reflect the personalithy of a spoiled brat.

He used a sharpie to alter a weather map to show a projected course of a hurricane rather than admit he made a simple mistake of thinking it would hit Alabama. Its not that he was wrong that bothers me, its that only a child would try such a stunt. and expect to get away with it Did he really think no one would notice. the map and a sloppy black line different from all the others? Is he really that stupid, or does he just think we are?

While I think Trump is steering us in the mostly wrong direction, I respect that you think he is steering in a mostly good direction. But I fear that whether you like the direction or not, its still a bratty 8 year old driving. and if someone tries to tell him a creek is too deep to cross or he is taking a turn too fast, he is more likely to fire them than listen to them.


David the (rather not be so very) Elder
Music page
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=707030

#1157463 - 10/08/19 10:20 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
John Voorpostel Offline
Top 20 Poster
John Voorpostel  Offline
Top 20 Poster

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
Ray you do have to add those pesky Republicans to your list because, as I have clearly proven to you in the past, they have also done their fair share of adding to the public debt...and Trump is set to explode it more.

The basic reality is there is no political stance involved in spending, whatever party controls the purse strings.It is at that point a free for all by those who want public funds for their people, whoever they are...and the decision to fund involves horse trading in back rooms by legislators, lobbies, the need to be re elected and have campaigns funded....

Trump himself promised to eliminate the public debt entirely by the end of his 8 year presidency..instead it is projected to go from 20 to 30 trillion dollars before he gets halfway there....get that? From day 1 the debt goes from zero to 20 trillion. Under Trump and his few years in office it swells to 30 trillion. Statistically that is "up by 50%"

Big thumbs up for that guy with "great and unmatched wisdom"


If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop

iAccountant --- Info L inc --- Taxboard
#1157464 - 10/08/19 10:42 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: John Voorpostel]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
90 dB Offline
Top 500 Poster
90 dB  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
Florida
Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
Ray you do have to add those pesky Republicans to your list because, as I have clearly proven to you in the past, they have also done their fair share of adding to the public debt...and Trump is set to explode it more.

The basic reality is there is no political stance involved in spending, whatever party controls the purse strings.It is at that point a free for all by those who want public funds for their people, whoever they are...and the decision to fund involves horse trading in back rooms by legislators, lobbies, the need to be re elected and have campaigns funded....

Trump himself promised to eliminate the public debt entirely by the end of his 8 year presidency..instead it is projected to go from 20 to 30 trillion dollars before he gets halfway there....get that? From day 1 the debt goes from zero to 20 trillion. Under Trump and his few years in office it swells to 30 trillion. Statistically that is "up by 50%"

Big thumbs up for that guy with "great and unmatched wisdom"




That is factually incorrect. You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.


https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...tributed-to-the-national-debt-2018-10-29

Last edited by 90 dB; 10/08/19 10:44 AM.
#1157466 - 10/08/19 11:09 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,295
Ray E. Strode Online content
Top 30 Poster
Ray E. Strode  Online Content
Top 30 Poster

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,295
Brunswick, Ga. USA
Aw, humm John V.
Every big Social Spending Program was put in place by what party? The Democrats! Now to be fair at times some people need a little help and we have Welfare Programs to provide some help. No problem. Now John, the Democrats had the Congress for 40 straight years so why isn't everything fixed by now? What Hoppen? We have a nearly, (and growing) 23 Trillion dollar Federal Debt. I read where our children are subject to a Welfare Fund where the parents receive a child subsity.
My parents raised 6 children born from 1930 to 1943. There was no child welfare program at that time. Our parents provided the "Welfare". So much for that. The question now is, Is the next stop Rome? Trump is battling all the big spending Liberals big time. The "Swamp" is overflowing. Nero is Fiddling and the liberals are scheming. So do we all become California? Who will keep the lights on and the Grocery Shelves filled?


Ray E. Strode
#1157467 - 10/08/19 11:12 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
John Voorpostel Offline
Top 20 Poster
John Voorpostel  Offline
Top 20 Poster

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
From the artcile you cited yourself

"Donald Trump claimed on the campaign trail that, as president, he would completely eliminate the then–$19 trillion in national debt. Let’s just say he’s not exactly on track. Since he made that promise in early 2016, the debt has ballooned to $21.7 trillion, and his tax cuts are expected to drive that number higher."

That higher number was extrapolated to 30 trillion in that source I looked up, but hey, extrapolation is opinion, so Trump is currently up 3 Trillion from 19 to 22 with more years to go

PLUS your source supports what I said...the Republicans also loosen the purse strings substantially when in power. No party is immune.


If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop

iAccountant --- Info L inc --- Taxboard
#1157468 - 10/08/19 11:13 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Gavin Sinclair Online content
Top 500 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Conover, North Carolina, USA
Apples are being compared to the orange man here smile By those figures, Trump has added 4.78 trillion in 3 years. If he were to serve 8 years like Obama at that rate he would add 12.75 trillion, easily surpassing Obama.

That much is fact derived straight from the charts and numbers you pointed us to. After that, admittedly, you get into opinion or conflicting economic theory. Obama's addition to the debt was mostly because of the stimulus to dig the country out of the great recession. He handed over a booming economy. Traditional economic theory is that you use that time to try to reduce deficits and debt.

Most analysts expect that under the present administration the debt will grow by considerably more than that. Again, that is open to debate.

#1157470 - 10/08/19 11:27 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: Gavin Sinclair]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
90 dB Offline
Top 500 Poster
90 dB  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
Florida
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Apples are being compared to the orange man here smile By those figures, Trump has added 4.78 trillion in 3 years. If he were to serve 8 years like Obama at that rate he would add 12.75 trillion, easily surpassing Obama.

That much is fact derived straight from the charts and numbers you pointed us to. After that, admittedly, you get into opinion or conflicting economic theory. Obama's addition to the debt was mostly because of the stimulus to dig the country out of the great recession. He handed over a booming economy. Traditional economic theory is that you use that time to try to reduce deficits and debt.

Most analysts expect that under the present administration the debt will grow by considerably more than that. Again, that is open to debate.






Not true. Nowhere in that article was that statement made. The actual statement was:


"As you can see, Barack Obama takes the crown with almost $9 trillion added to the heap, though Trump may surpass that by the time he’s done."


Quite a stretch.

#1157471 - 10/08/19 11:31 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
90 dB Offline
Top 500 Poster
90 dB  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
Florida
" He handed over a booming economy."


https://nypost.com/2018/09/12/this-economy-definitely-is-not-obamas-recovery/



Yer killin' me, man. smile

#1157473 - 10/08/19 11:59 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
Fdemetrio Offline
Top 200 Poster
Fdemetrio  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
It's becoming increasingly obvious that nobody is going to change their view any time soon. It seems my initial theory was right, politics is a form of entertainment.

We're participating in this because it's something to do, while pretending were songwriters....lol

People enjoy being challenged by the left and or right, and enjoy firiing back.

I never observed this before the internet. I realize i could only come across a limited amount of people, but for some reason politics was not as big of a deal.

I dont recall ever arguing with anyone about politics before the net, and also TV NEWS shows.

Then again, when watching 60 minutes I never once saw somebody say "Hey, you know what, you make a lot of sense, Im now a Republican, or Democrat.

Never happened, not once, wont happen here either.

All we can hope for is common sense and common decency teaming up and making this country liveable

Most movements of the government rarely make a big impact on any one of us, why do we care so much?







Last edited by Fdemetrio; 10/08/19 12:00 PM.
#1157475 - 10/08/19 12:27 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: 90 dB]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Gavin Sinclair Online content
Top 500 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Conover, North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted by 90 dB
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Apples are being compared to the orange man here smile By those figures, Trump has added 4.78 trillion in 3 years. If he were to serve 8 years like Obama at that rate he would add 12.75 trillion, easily surpassing Obama.

That much is fact derived straight from the charts and numbers you pointed us to. After that, admittedly, you get into opinion or conflicting economic theory. Obama's addition to the debt was mostly because of the stimulus to dig the country out of the great recession. He handed over a booming economy. Traditional economic theory is that you use that time to try to reduce deficits and debt.

Most analysts expect that under the present administration the debt will grow by considerably more than that. Again, that is open to debate.






Not true. Nowhere in that article was that statement made. The actual statement was:


"As you can see, Barack Obama takes the crown with almost $9 trillion added to the heap, though Trump may surpass that by the time he’s done."


Quite a stretch.




I wasn't saying that the article was factually incorrect. I noted that sentence. I was saying that your post was factually incorrect because you said that the article refuted what John said. The only way to arrive at that conclusion was either deliberately or accidentally to misinterpret the data. If you were posting it to lend support to John's statement, you should have said so instead of telling him that he was factually incorrect and was "entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts."

#1157476 - 10/08/19 12:36 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: 90 dB]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Gavin Sinclair Online content
Top 500 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Conover, North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted by 90 dB
" He handed over a booming economy."


https://nypost.com/2018/09/12/this-economy-definitely-is-not-obamas-recovery/



Yer killin' me, man. smile


Rupert Murdoch's New York Post. The author bio: "Stephen Moore is a senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation and a former senior economic adviser to the Trump campaign. His new book, “Trumponomics,” will be published next month." That's some pretty objective analysis right there.

#1157477 - 10/08/19 12:47 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: Gavin Sinclair]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
90 dB Offline
Top 500 Poster
90 dB  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
Florida
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Originally Posted by 90 dB
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Apples are being compared to the orange man here smile By those figures, Trump has added 4.78 trillion in 3 years. If he were to serve 8 years like Obama at that rate he would add 12.75 trillion, easily surpassing Obama.

That much is fact derived straight from the charts and numbers you pointed us to. After that, admittedly, you get into opinion or conflicting economic theory. Obama's addition to the debt was mostly because of the stimulus to dig the country out of the great recession. He handed over a booming economy. Traditional economic theory is that you use that time to try to reduce deficits and debt.

Most analysts expect that under the present administration the debt will grow by considerably more than that. Again, that is open to debate.






Not true. Nowhere in that article was that statement made. The actual statement was:


"As you can see, Barack Obama takes the crown with almost $9 trillion added to the heap, though Trump may surpass that by the time he’s done."


Quite a stretch.




I wasn't saying that the article was factually incorrect. I noted that sentence. I was saying that your post was factually incorrect because you said that the article refuted what John said. The only way to arrive at that conclusion was either deliberately or accidentally to misinterpret the data. If you were posting it to lend support to John's statement, you should have said so instead of telling him that he was factually incorrect and was "entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts."





I wasn't speaking to John's point at all. I was speaking to YOU. Try to keep up. smile

#1157479 - 10/08/19 12:54 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: 90 dB]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Gavin Sinclair Online content
Top 500 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Conover, North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted by 90 dB
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Originally Posted by 90 dB
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Apples are being compared to the orange man here smile By those figures, Trump has added 4.78 trillion in 3 years. If he were to serve 8 years like Obama at that rate he would add 12.75 trillion, easily surpassing Obama.

That much is fact derived straight from the charts and numbers you pointed us to. After that, admittedly, you get into opinion or conflicting economic theory. Obama's addition to the debt was mostly because of the stimulus to dig the country out of the great recession. He handed over a booming economy. Traditional economic theory is that you use that time to try to reduce deficits and debt.

Most analysts expect that under the present administration the debt will grow by considerably more than that. Again, that is open to debate.






Not true. Nowhere in that article was that statement made. The actual statement was:


"As you can see, Barack Obama takes the crown with almost $9 trillion added to the heap, though Trump may surpass that by the time he’s done."


Quite a stretch.




I wasn't saying that the article was factually incorrect. I noted that sentence. I was saying that your post was factually incorrect because you said that the article refuted what John said. The only way to arrive at that conclusion was either deliberately or accidentally to misinterpret the data. If you were posting it to lend support to John's statement, you should have said so instead of telling him that he was factually incorrect and was "entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts."





I wasn't speaking to John's point at all. I was speaking to YOU. Try to keep up. smile


I hadn't said anything when you posted in reply to John. You're hearing voices in your head. The bad news is that one of them seems to be mine, which I think you probably get more than enough of here smile

#1157480 - 10/08/19 01:02 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
90 dB Offline
Top 500 Poster
90 dB  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
Florida
Then why could I QUOTE YOU?

Jeez. Did you see this part in the title line?

"Re: A word about my absence... [Re: Gavin Sinclair] "


Reading comprehension problem, there Gavin? smile

#1157485 - 10/08/19 01:27 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: 90 dB]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Gavin Sinclair Online content
Top 500 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Conover, North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted by 90 dB
Then why could I QUOTE YOU?

Jeez. Did you see this part in the title line?

"Re: A word about my absence... [Re: Gavin Sinclair] "


Reading comprehension problem, there Gavin? smile


Nope - nothing wrong with mine.

#1157464 - 2 hours ago Re: A word about my absence... [Re: John Voorpostel]

That's the one you were reponding to when you said: "That is factually incorrect. You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts." and posted the link.

Let's drop the subject of whose reading comprehension has a problem.

#1157486 - 10/08/19 01:35 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
90 dB Offline
Top 500 Poster
90 dB  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
Florida
For the last time: I was responding to YOU, not John. How's that Songwriter's Junction doin' Gav? smirk

#1157488 - 10/08/19 02:08 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Gavin Sinclair Online content
Top 500 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 815
Conover, North Carolina, USA
You weren't. You couldn't have been. Just like I told you, I hadn't said anything when you posted your response. So, if you were responding to me you did it before I said anything to respond to.

Oh, and just fine thanks, but I don't think it's good etiquette to talk about it on here, so I won't.

This is stupid. Arguing about what you were responding to. Have the last word if you want.

#1157490 - 10/08/19 02:15 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
90 dB Offline
Top 500 Poster
90 dB  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 868
Florida
"You weren't. You couldn't have been. Just like I told you, I hadn't said anything when you posted your response. So, if you were responding to me you did it before I said anything to respond to."



Well there you have it. I am a mind reader. crazy

#1157496 - 10/08/19 02:56 PM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
JAPOV Offline
Top 500 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 399
When are all of you going realize that we’ve been engaged in an economic war with the EU since they threatened to send us into another "great depression" back in the 90's? The Obamas, Clintons, Gores and the rest want to JOIN THE EU! The reason Trump wants to bring business back home, make America "self sufficient" again, and get out of this world trade/deficit scenario is because... WE CAN... and we are the only thing stopping the federal reserve, the UN, and the EU from implementing a world wide currency! This war isn’t limited to American political ideologies, the progressive socialist democrat party are GLOBALISTS!!!

#1157530 - 10/09/19 09:15 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
Fdemetrio Offline
Top 200 Poster
Fdemetrio  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,485
My dad can beat up your dad

#1157531 - 10/09/19 09:28 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: Fdemetrio]  
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
John Voorpostel Offline
Top 20 Poster
John Voorpostel  Offline
Top 20 Poster

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 10,417
Originally Posted by Fdemetrio
My dad can beat up your dad


Now that has to be the absolute best post to this thread. Big thank you for the morning chuckle.

And your mother wears army boots smile



If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop

iAccountant --- Info L inc --- Taxboard
#1157532 - 10/09/19 09:32 AM Re: A word about my absence... [Re: couchgrouch]  
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,295
Ray E. Strode Online content
Top 30 Poster
Ray E. Strode  Online Content
Top 30 Poster

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,295
Brunswick, Ga. USA
Whazzat?
You had a mother? Do tell. Now back to music. Mr. Moon by Carl Smith Google it. And don't forget Fiscal Responsibility!!!


Ray E. Strode
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Support Just Plain Folks

We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.


Membership
Join Just Plain Folks
to receive the free
JPNotes Newsletter!
*this is separate from
message board registration*

Newest Members
jane_song, NancyHuebner, Gareth_Glakin, PaulCanuck, MikeNez
21228 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums116
Topics119,493
Posts1,126,248
Members21,228
Average Posts Daily25
Most Online3,244
Nov 8th, 2019
Just Plain Quotes
"The soul of Just Plain Folks IS the people!" -Brian Austin Whitney
Today's Birthdays
Andrew Jackman (28), Linziellen (38)
Popular Topics(Views)
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0