Who's Online Now
20 registered members (CTthomas, Brian Austin Whitney, couchgrouch, Gavin Sinclair, Fdemetrio, DeMoni, bethanykoubsky, Everett Adams, 5 invisible), and 332 guests, and
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Member Spotlight
Dave Rice
Dave Rice
Texas
Posts: 7,524
Joined: February 2005
Show All Member Profiles 
What's Going On
Happy Leap Year!
by Brian Austin Whitney. 02/29/20 12:10 AM
Songoftheyear.com Scam Back Again
by Brian Austin Whitney. 02/29/20 12:07 AM
Waltz One More Waltz
by PaulCanuck. 02/28/20 09:51 PM
Fly Away
by PaulCanuck. 02/28/20 09:44 PM
STILL WATERS. Vic
by PaulCanuck. 02/28/20 09:39 PM
Looking for a demo studio I can afford
by John Lawrence Schick. 02/28/20 06:14 PM
Someone needs to do Demos...
by couchgrouch. 02/28/20 06:11 PM
Anyone doing a youtube channel?
by Gavin Sinclair. 02/28/20 02:58 PM
ALL SMILES
by LunaSimone. 02/28/20 12:37 PM
Serenity
by LunaSimone. 02/28/20 12:18 PM
Learning how to play Lead Guitar
by R&M. 02/28/20 07:46 AM
Goodbye, I Lied
by rubysshoes. 02/27/20 10:59 PM
Fool To Love Her
by Gavin Sinclair. 02/27/20 07:37 PM
Unseen wires
by ckiphen. 02/27/20 04:50 PM
What do you want me to say?
by ckiphen. 02/27/20 04:22 PM
PLEASE DON’T TELL ME LIES
by CTthomas. 02/27/20 01:59 PM
Old Navy Footlocker
by couchgrouch. 02/27/20 01:32 PM
Synchronization Licensing
by Gary E. Andrews. 02/27/20 01:22 PM
Never Gave Up On Me. ( Rewrite)
by Gavin Sinclair. 02/27/20 09:24 AM
Performers: What do you eat before you go on?,
by Rick Heenan. 02/27/20 09:20 AM
JPF Humor
by Gavin Sinclair. 02/27/20 09:11 AM
Anywhere But Up
by nightengale. 02/27/20 07:08 AM
Mouth of the Holler
by nightengale. 02/27/20 06:09 AM
ASCAP International Royalties...
by Pat Hardy. 02/26/20 09:29 PM
Separating tracks?
by Fdemetrio. 02/26/20 04:15 PM
Fiver anyone?
by Roy Cooper. 02/26/20 03:51 PM
Works a four letter word
by Brian Austin Whitney. 02/26/20 08:15 AM
2020 Music Awards Nominees Posted! Check Them Out!
by Brian Austin Whitney. 02/26/20 07:27 AM
Top Posters(All Time)
Calvin 19,816
Travis david 11,731
Kevin Emmrich 10,591
Jean Bullock 10,330
Kaley Willow 10,240
Two Singers 9,600
Joice Marie 9,186
Mackie H. 8,845
glynda 8,659
Mike Dunbar 8,574
Tricia Baker 8,318
Colin Ward 7,908
couchgrouch 7,677
Dave Rice 7,524
Corey 7,357
Wyman Lloyd 6,578
Mark Kaufman 6,568
Vicarn 6,306
ben willis 6,107
Lynn Orloff 5,788
Louis 5,725
Linda Sings 5,608
niteshift 5,595
KimberlyinNC 5,210
Neil Cotton 4,909
Derek Hines 4,893
DonnaMarilyn 4,653
Blake Hill 4,528
Bob Cushing 4,372
Bill Osofsky 4,199
Roy Cooper 4,192
Tom Shea 4,179
Cindy Miller 4,178
nightengale 4,096
TamsNumber4 4,075
MFB III 3,906
Caroline 3,865
Kolstad 3,814
Dan Sullivan 3,710
beechnut79 3,562
E Swartz 3,447
Dottie 3,427
joewatt 3,411
Bill Cooper 3,279
John Hoffman 3,199
Skip Johnson 3,027
Pam Hurley 3,007
Terry G 3,005
PopTodd 2,890
Harriet Ames 2,870
Nigel Quin 2,812
MidniteBob 2,707
Nelson 2,603
Tom Tracy 2,558
Polly Hager 2,526
Jerry Jakala 2,524
Al Alvarez 2,499
Eric Thome 2,448
Hummingbird 2,401
Stan Loh 2,263
Sam Wilson 2,242
Judy Hollier 2,232
Wendy D 2,219
Erica Ellis 2,202
TrumanCoyote 2,096
Marty Helly 2,022
DukeWill 1,988
maccharles 1,985
floyd jane 1,982
Clint Anglin 1,904
cindyrella 1,888
David Wright 1,866
Clairejeanne 1,851
Cindy LaRosa 1,824
Fdemetrio 1,803
Ronald Boyt 1,675
Martin Lide 1,651
Iggy 1,650
Noel Downs 1,620
Rick Heenan 1,607
Cal 1,574
Jack Swain 1,554
Pete Larsen 1,537
Ann Tygart 1,529
Tom Breshers 1,487
RogerS 1,462
GocartMoz 1,462
Tom Franz 1,455
Chuck Crowe 1,441
Ralph Blight 1,440
Kenneth Cade 1,429
Rick Norton 1,428
bholt 1,411
Letha Allen 1,408
in2piano 1,404
Stan Simons 1,402
mattbanx 1,384
Jen Shaner 1,373
Charlie Wong 1,347
KevinP 1,324
Vondelle 1,316
Tom W. 1,313
Jan Petter 1,301
scottandrew 1,292
DakLander 1,265
PeteG 1,242
Ian Ferrin 1,230
Glen King 1,214
IdeaGuy 1,209
AaronAuthier 1,177
Deej56 1,174
Diane Ewing 1,158
lane1777 1,150
Gerry 1,148
summeoyo 1,126
joro 1,082
BobbyJoe 1,075
S.DEE 1,040
yann 1,037
Tony A 1,016
argo 986
peaden 984
Wolvman 960
IronKnee 947
Jak Kelly 912
90 dB 892
9ne 890
krtinberg 890
Drifter 886
Petra 883
RJC 845
Brenda152 840
Nadia 829
Juan 797
TKO 784
frahmes 781
Dayson 774
teletwang 762
Andy K 745
tbryson 737
Andy Kemp 734
ant 732
Jackie444 731
3daveyO3 704
Dixie 701
Joy Boy 695
Knute 686
Lee Arten 678
Katziis 652
R.T.MOORE 638
quality 637
Irwin 634
Pat Hardy 628
CG King 622
douglas 621
Mel 614
Moosesong 609
NaomiSue 601
Shandy 589
Ria 587
TAMERA64 583
qbaum 570
nitepiano 566
JAPOV 562
pRISCILLA 556
Tink2 553
musica 539
deanbell 528
RobertK 527
BonzaiWag 523
Roderic 522
BB Wilbur 511
R&M 500
goodfolks 499
Zeek 487
Stu 486
Steve P. 481
KathyW 462
allenb 459
MaxG 458
Philjo 454
fanito 448
trush48 448
dmk 442
arealrush 437
DGR 436
avweek 435
Stephen D 433
Emmy 431
Rob L 426
marquez 422
kit 419
Softkrome 417
kyrksongs 415
RRon 408
Laura G. 407
VNORTH 407
Debra 407
eb 406
cuebald 399
EdPerrone 399
Dannyk1 395
Hobart 395
Davyboy49 393
Smile 389
GJShades 387
Ezt 384
tone 380
Marla 380
Cecilee 379
iggyiggy 378
coalminer 377
java 374
spidey 371
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#1144355 - 09/01/18 12:10 AM His Eyes  
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
IronKnee Offline
Top 500 Poster
IronKnee  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
Hawaii
Hi there everyone, it is so good to be back. I have a new recording that I would love to share. It is a bit more theatrical than any of my other tunes......and was inspired for a playwright. All comments are welcome and first impressions are most welcome!!
Thanks so much, and I look forward to listening to all of yours
-Tom

“HIS EYES”
Words & Music by Tom Tognaci

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13776249

How can I so blunder?
There she is in love with him
Instead of loving me
But is it any wonder?
There he stands in all his fineness
Then take a look at me

But I’ll never forget her
Even though she’s over me
The way she looks into his eyes
She’s found what she just couldn’t find in me

~ Instrumental ~

No, I’ll never forget her
And the way she passed me by
The way she looked into my eyes
I never knew she meant it as goodbye

Will there be another?
Well if there is
I’ll know if it’s
His eyes she searches for

Last edited by IronKnee; 09/01/18 12:12 AM.
#1144359 - 09/01/18 01:02 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,174
Deej56 Offline
Top 500 Poster
Deej56  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,174
IronKnee:

Some brilliant guitar work going on here—wish I could play that well; that beautifully. And what an affecting vocal—nuanced, compelling, vulnerable. This is just some great work. Very impressive tune, wonderfully performed. Great stuff—I’ll be listening to it many times again.

My very humble regards,

Deej

#1144373 - 09/01/18 10:14 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 19,816
Calvin Offline
Top 10 Poster
Calvin  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 19,816
Okeechobee, Florida U.S.A.
Hi Tom,


Wow, I guess it doesn't matter what YOU do, it's going to come out sounding good, take a bow, good work.


Calvin


Maggie Udder..... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart

#1144374 - 09/01/18 10:48 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,524
Dave Rice Offline
Top 30 Poster
Dave Rice  Offline
Top 30 Poster

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,524
Texas
Sweetly done, Tom:

Perfect vocal for a sad, sweet song. You kept it simple yet the guitar "flourishes" did not overpower while you sang. Best of luck with this. I'm told the "three minute rule" is no longer "in vogue"... and why not! You told the story then opened the door of hope for the listener. Thanks for your "pre-amble" as you introduced the song... and yes, theatrical says it all. I hope you plan to pitch it for licensing. Our John Lawrence Schick might provide some great tips if you need some advice about the ins and outs of licensing.

All the best... I enjoyed this very much. ----Dave

#1144379 - 09/01/18 11:57 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,306
Vicarn Online content
Top 40 Poster
Vicarn  Online Content
Top 40 Poster

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,306
UK
An unusual approach, Tom and a good theatrical piece.
Now all you have to do is find a play to set it in.

Vic


It's never too late? Yes it is, so do it now.

If, given time, a monkey can write the complete works of Shakespeare maybe there's hope for me.

http://store.cdbaby.com/cd/vicarnold2

http://www.soundclick.com/vicarnold

http://soundcloud.com/vic-arnold

#1144427 - 09/03/18 01:31 PM Re: His Eyes [Re: Vicarn]  
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
IronKnee Offline
Top 500 Poster
IronKnee  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
Hawaii
Originally Posted by Deej56
IronKnee:

Some brilliant guitar work going on here—wish I could play that well; that beautifully. And what an affecting vocal—nuanced, compelling, vulnerable. This is just some great work. Very impressive tune, wonderfully performed. Great stuff—I’ll be listening to it many times again.

My very humble regards,

Deej

Thanks for the generous comments Deej........it is much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Calvin
Hi Tom,


Wow, I guess it doesn't matter what YOU do, it's going to come out sounding good, take a bow, good work.


Calvin


Maggie Udder..... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart

Thanks you as well calvin.......it's always nice to see you. I do appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment! Thanks.


Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Sweetly done, Tom:

Perfect vocal for a sad, sweet song. You kept it simple yet the guitar "flourishes" did not overpower while you sang. Best of luck with this. I'm told the "three minute rule" is no longer "in vogue"... and why not! You told the story then opened the door of hope for the listener. Thanks for your "pre-amble" as you introduced the song... and yes, theatrical says it all. I hope you plan to pitch it for licensing. Our John Lawrence Schick might provide some great tips if you need some advice about the ins and outs of licensing.

All the best... I enjoyed this very much. ----Dave


Thanks Dave.....your comments reassure my aims with this song. And at this point, my dreams of writing to an audience from on top the big stage has waned. I have a great job....and writing for my family and friends are what I look forward to the most!
But, I am always open to making my songs better ;-)
Thanks, again!


Originally Posted by Vicarn
An unusual approach, Tom and a good theatrical piece.
Now all you have to do is find a play to set it in.

Vic


Hi Vic...and thanks for listening and commenting......I'll probably have to write and produce the play if I want this song to be in it.....;-)
Thanks again.....



And thanks to all who have listened

-Tom

#1144429 - 09/03/18 04:24 PM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 975
Gavin Sinclair Online content
Top 500 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 975
Conover, North Carolina, USA
Yes, definitely has that theatrical feel about it. Really good performance.

I'm a bit confused by the "his" in the last line.

I’ll know if it’s
His eyes she searches for

Who is he? The same guy as earlier in the song? A different guy? The singer (which you would expect to be "my," of course)

#1144435 - 09/04/18 12:45 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: Gavin Sinclair]  
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
IronKnee Offline
Top 500 Poster
IronKnee  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
Hawaii
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Yes, definitely has that theatrical feel about it. Really good performance.

I'm a bit confused by the "his" in the last line.

I’ll know if it’s
His eyes she searches for

Who is he? The same guy as earlier in the song? A different guy? The singer (which you would expect to be "my," of course)


Hi Gavin........thanks for listening and asking!
The hero proclaims that if there ever is another love that interests him, he is now going to know (hind sight, and all) if she is truly interested in himself, or if she is just playing with his heart. Thanks, again!!
-Tom

#1144586 - 09/11/18 04:29 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,731
Travis david Online content
Top 10 Poster
Travis david  Online Content
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,731
Kendal, Cumbria .UK
This is good Tom great compelling lyric and musically outstanding.
Unusual, off the wall and brilliant
Travis


We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde
#1144796 - 09/18/18 07:14 PM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,894
Ricki E. Bellos Offline
Top 40 Poster
Ricki E. Bellos  Offline
Top 40 Poster

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,894
Wisconsin
Tom, I always enjoy listening to your songs. It's something a little different from you. It's good to stretch our wings now and then and see what else we can do. Well done.

Ricki

#1144969 - 09/27/18 01:39 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: Ricki E. Bellos]  
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
IronKnee Offline
Top 500 Poster
IronKnee  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
Hawaii
Originally Posted by Travis david
This is good Tom great compelling lyric and musically outstanding.
Unusual, off the wall and brilliant
Travis

Thanks......I really appreciate the kind words!!

Originally Posted by Ricki E. Bellos
Tom, I always enjoy listening to your songs. It's something a little different from you. It's good to stretch our wings now and then and see what else we can do. Well done.

Ricki


Thanks Ricki........I knew you'd understand ;-)


And thanks to all who have listened!
-Tom

#1145523 - 10/18/18 10:30 PM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,455
Tom Franz Offline
Top 200 Poster
Tom Franz  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,455
Northern California
Well Thomas, I had no idea you could play like that. Very skillful and cleanly played. Please tell me you did thousands of takes.
You express a new side of yourself here. I like it. Understated and brimming with emotion.
So good bro.
Tom

#1146213 - 11/17/18 01:15 PM Re: His Eyes [Re: Tom Franz]  
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
IronKnee Offline
Top 500 Poster
IronKnee  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
Hawaii
Originally Posted by Tom Franz
Well Thomas, I had no idea you could play like that. Very skillful and cleanly played. Please tell me you did thousands of takes.
You express a new side of yourself here. I like it. Understated and brimming with emotion.
So good bro.
Tom


Although it took a long time coming....thanks Tom.

"Please tell me you did thousands of takes".........;-)

#1146241 - 11/17/18 11:34 PM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,447
E Swartz Offline
Top 100 Poster
E Swartz  Offline
Top 100 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,447
Ohio
Tom,

Short, sweet, a real treat! Loved this in all respects.

steady-eddie

#1146335 - 11/20/18 10:21 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 647
Ricky Layne Offline
Top 500 Poster
Ricky Layne  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 647
Oregon
Wonderfully played. I have to say the guitar noise was a little distracting. String noise and some guitar body noise too.

I have that issue many times also. It's really frustrating for me!

Seems short and sweet but all the melodies are spot on to my ears. Nice Spanish feel. I also really like the pauses after the questions asked. Very cool!

The lyrics, guitar playing, and vibe are all great on this.

Ricky

#1146683 - 12/02/18 03:11 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: Ricky Layne]  
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
IronKnee Offline
Top 500 Poster
IronKnee  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
Hawaii
Originally Posted by E Swartz
Tom,

Short, sweet, a real treat! Loved this in all respects.

steady-eddie


Thanks, Man!! I really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Ricky Layne
Wonderfully played. I have to say the guitar noise was a little distracting. String noise and some guitar body noise too.

I have that issue many times also. It's really frustrating for me!

Seems short and sweet but all the melodies are spot on to my ears. Nice Spanish feel. I also really like the pauses after the questions asked. Very cool!

The lyrics, guitar playing, and vibe are all great on this.

Ricky


Hi Ricky...the string noise is something that I can do nothing about with the sound equipment I have........playing the song on any one of my electrics does not deliver the sound I want. Perhaps on nylon strings ;-)
Anyways....thanks for stopping by......nice to hear from you!

And thanks to all who have listened!
-Tom

#1147718 - 01/07/19 04:16 PM Re: His Eyes [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Tully_MacKay_Tisbert Offline
Casual Observer
Tully_MacKay_Tisbert  Offline
Casual Observer

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Fullerton, CA
I found this song enjoyably unconventional. The guitar work is great and the emotion in your voice effective.

Tully

#1149982 - 01/12/19 04:03 AM Re: His Eyes [Re: Tully_MacKay_Tisbert]  
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
IronKnee Offline
Top 500 Poster
IronKnee  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 947
Hawaii
Originally Posted by Tully_MacKay_Tisbert
I found this song enjoyably unconventional. The guitar work is great and the emotion in your voice effective.

Tully


Thank you very much!


Support Just Plain Folks

We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.


Membership
Join Just Plain Folks
to receive the free
JPNotes Newsletter!
*this is separate from
message board registration*

Newest Members
flowerdesignwi, mrjack7857, ChiTownTaurus, RANDY_CLARK, ellekene
21259 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums116
Topics119,936
Posts1,129,563
Members21,259
Average Posts Daily27
Most Online37,523
Jan 25th, 2020
Just Plain Quotes
"The soul of Just Plain Folks IS the people!" -Brian Austin Whitney
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Popular Topics(Views)
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0