en *** Turn Around *** - Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards
leftleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftalt-1 alvt">
The Seeds Would Grow
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:14 PM
The Winner
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:14 PM
Envious Heart
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:10 PM
The Voyager
by Gerry. 09/08/21 07:05 AM
"Not Just A Melody.".
by JAPOV. 09/07/21 09:51 PM
This old dog
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:54 AM
How Fast Are You Going (When You're Standing Still
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:40 AM
Lazing in the Sun
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:35 AM
"I Need A Cadillac....Jack!"
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:33 AM
Pedal & Synth Expo Oct.2-3, 2021 Free, Outdoors
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/06/21 02:24 PM
Resource List (In Progress)
by Brian Austin Whitney. 09/06/21 12:40 AM
Blending Political Discourse, Conspiracy Theories,
by WilliamMahler. 09/05/21 09:49 PM
Eco-Heroes Contest, Artists, Lower Emissions
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/05/21 01:16 PM
"How Songs Get Cut" with Rand Bishop
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/04/21 08:54 PM
Rivers of Destiny
by Bill Draper. 09/04/21 07:59 PM
my recording set up
by Bill Draper. 09/04/21 06:00 PM
They Live On
by rpirone. 09/04/21 05:51 PM
leftTop Posters(All Time)left
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#1088212 - 07/18/15 04:46 AM *** Turn Around ***  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Still writing songs for that imaginary album. laugh
As always forgive my fumbling about, though I did have fun.

Another simple premise: remember what you have before you go throwing it away. frown

In verse 1- his best friend is complaining about his marriage.

In verse 2- the wife of his best friend is complaining about their marriage.

In verse 3- He shares how he was saved by some sage advice.

From whom, you ask... well,as a crazed Hamlet once said, "There's the rub".

Point of notice: He starts the 3rd verse telling the story in past tense and ends it in present tense... tried to emphasize the point by using tonight, instead of one night or that night or a night.


Turn Around (audio)

...............(video)

#1088215 - 07/18/15 07:32 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Nelson]  
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 19,839
Calvin Offline
Top 10 Poster
Calvin  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 19,839
Okeechobee, Florida U.S.A.
Hello Mister Nelson,

It's always nice to listen to one of your creations.
So real and believable, sure sounding good.


Calvin


http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart

#1088223 - 07/18/15 11:30 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Calvin]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,909
Neil Cotton Offline
Top 50 Poster
Neil Cotton  Offline
Top 50 Poster

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,909
Georgetown, ON,CANADA
Enjoyed the video...well done
Stellar song.


Last edited by Neil Cotton; 07/18/15 11:31 AM.
#1088225 - 07/18/15 11:36 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Neil Cotton]  
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,985
floyd jane Offline
Top 200 Poster
floyd jane  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,985
Tampa
Mister Nelson...

Excellent write. Solid.

Nicely performed.

Well done...

floyd

#1088236 - 07/18/15 06:11 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: floyd jane]  
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,521
Janice_and_Bud Offline
Top 200 Poster
Janice_and_Bud  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,521
Southeastern USA
Heck, the post introduction was worth the visit alone
starting with that simple premise.

We watched the vid and went back for another listen
with just the audio. It looks and sounds great. Like
mr jane said "excellent write....nicely performed." And
as long as we're quoting him, "well done."

The word that comes to mind for us is "engaging." It
just begs another listen.

Thanks for posting.

J&B





Check out our new album Janice Merritt "Am I Blue Enough?"
on Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon and others.
#1088246 - 07/18/15 07:40 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Janice_and_Bud]  
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,183
Travis david Online content
Top 10 Poster
Travis david  Online Content
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,183
Kendal, Cumbria .UK
Ditto to all that's been said good all round song thanks for the listen Mr. N
Travis


We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde
#1088265 - 07/19/15 12:21 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Travis david]  
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 13,325
Michael LeBlanc Offline
Top 10 Poster
Michael LeBlanc  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 13,325
Louisiana
well i watched the video first Nelson and i must say you have a good song here!Mike

#1088330 - 07/20/15 01:30 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Calvin]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Calvin
Hello Mister Nelson,

It's always nice to listen to one of your creations.
So real and believable, sure sounding good.


Calvin


http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart

Much appreciated Calvin

#1088331 - 07/20/15 01:31 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Neil Cotton]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Neil Cotton
Enjoyed the video...well done
Stellar song.



Thank you

#1088357 - 07/21/15 01:14 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Nelson]  
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,490
Lisa Gundling Offline
Top 20 Poster
Lisa Gundling  Offline
Top 20 Poster

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,490
Wow, Nelson, another SUPER DUPER song!
You have a great aura surrounding your songs ... dripping with authenticity!
Lisa

#1088419 - 07/22/15 02:50 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Lisa Gundling]  
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 784
TKO Offline
Top 500 Poster
TKO  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 784
Virginia
You're so talented, Mr. Nelson! I could listen to you sing all day long. Where can I get that imaginary album??? Video was super cool also, wish I could do that! Can I hire you as a videographer? I'm just a huge fan of what you do in all facets of creativity. Superb! -TK

#1088622 - 08/01/15 03:26 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: TKO]  
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,559
GocartMoz Offline
Top 200 Poster
GocartMoz  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,559
Florida
So good! When is that Simple Man album going to be releases cause I'm buying. Loved this tune, especially the transition into the chorus when the piano kicks in. Also loved the wonder effects . All in their proper place and extremely well done.

Dave

#1088637 - 08/01/15 05:35 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Nelson]  
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,301
Jan Petter Offline
Top 200 Poster
Jan Petter  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,301
HAUGESUND,NORWAY
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]


"You have to react to what's around you in the moment, whatever the music is.
Just think of it as some place you have to enter and you need to find the key."

#1088690 - 08/01/15 06:14 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Jan Petter]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,691
E Swartz Offline
E Swartz  Offline

Top 100 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,691
Ohio
Nelson,

I liked this a lot, cool write, cool lyrics/music/arrangement. But mostly, these chord progressions are dynamite! No nits here.

steady-eddie.

#1088691 - 08/01/15 06:32 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Nelson]  
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,109
Michael Zaneski Offline
Top 50 Poster
Michael Zaneski  Offline
Top 50 Poster

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,109
California
Hi Nelson,

This is fine writing, and I like your sound, too. I think your chorus could be tightened up a little. It feels like maybe the piano is going out-of-sync with the vocals at times. Otherwise, no nits.

Mike


Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)
#1088750 - 08/02/15 01:06 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Michael Zaneski]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,254
lane1777 Offline
Top 200 Poster
lane1777  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,254
south of the mason,dixon line
excellent lyric and music, watched the video, very nicely done.
Mr Nelson.



"Blessed are the words of truth and fiction,
one might save you from the other...Vincent
#1088787 - 08/02/15 08:57 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: floyd jane]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Mister Nelson...

Excellent write. Solid.

Nicely performed.

Well done...

floyd


Thank You Much

#1088788 - 08/02/15 08:58 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Janice_and_Bud]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Heck, the post introduction was worth the visit alone
starting with that simple premise.

We watched the vid and went back for another listen
with just the audio. It looks and sounds great. Like
mr jane said "excellent write....nicely performed." And
as long as we're quoting him, "well done."

The word that comes to mind for us is "engaging." It
just begs another listen.

Thanks for posting.

J&B





Thanks folks, for your time and the spin

#1088789 - 08/02/15 08:59 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Travis david]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Travis david
Ditto to all that's been said good all round song thanks for the listen Mr. N
Travis


Thank you much

#1088790 - 08/02/15 09:00 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Michael LeBlanc]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Michael LeBlanc
well i watched the video first Nelson and i must say you have a good song here!Mike

Well I do appreciate that.

#1088791 - 08/02/15 09:02 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Lisa Gundling]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Lisa Gundling
Wow, Nelson, another SUPER DUPER song!
You have a great aura surrounding your songs ... dripping with authenticity!
Lisa


And once again, U R 2 Kind.
Thank you

#1088793 - 08/02/15 09:10 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: TKO]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by TKO
You're so talented, Mr. Nelson! I could listen to you sing all day long. Where can I get that imaginary album??? Video was super cool also, wish I could do that! Can I hire you as a videographer? I'm just a huge fan of what you do in all facets of creativity. Superb! -TK


Damn it man, I do appreciate your kind words......
you actually make me feel like

[Linked Image]

Been dreaming up songs for that dang album for about 4 years now.

Just wetting my feet on the video thing, it's a pain but fun.
so proud of my ringing tele. smile

#1088797 - 08/02/15 09:31 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: GocartMoz]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by GocartMoz
So good! When is that Simple Man album going to be releases cause I'm buying. Loved this tune, especially the transition into the chorus when the piano kicks in. Also loved the wonder effects . All in their proper place and extremely well done.

Dave


Hey I appreciate that Dave.
As you know I'm no pie-anna man but I wanted a certain energy and I just put the chorus section on loop and just kept bangin around the keys until I got close to what I was hearing in my head. I don't see how folks play that damn thing but I do love its sound.

Hey man you rock... UR latest performances are smokin.




#1088809 - 08/03/15 12:11 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Nelson]  
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 838
Todd Strachan Offline
Top 500 Poster
Todd Strachan  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 838
Detroit Michigan
I loved the lyrics, a wonderful write as usual. The music I thought was GREAT! I wish I could build em like that! Always enjoy your offerings Mr Nelson.

Todd


Everything we have has come from you, and we
give you only what you have already given us!

1 Chronicles 29:14


www.soundclick.com/toddgstrachan
#1088997 - 08/05/15 12:30 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Jan Petter]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Jan Petter
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]


smile smile Thx

#1089009 - 08/05/15 08:18 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Nelson]  
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Dave Rice (D) Offline
Top 30 Poster
Dave Rice (D)  Offline
Top 30 Poster

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Texas
Hi Mister Nelson:

My friends all accuse me of being older than Admiral Nelson... but I really liked this song. Your site is pretty spiffy, too!

Forgive me, I did not watch the video... just one of my quirks when listening to music... I'm into the words, melody and vocal and moving things seem to distract me. (Wonder if I had Attention Deficit Disorder when I was a kid?)

Anyway... you scored about a dozen touchdowns with this song. Don't you wish Satchmo was still around to sing this thing? He was always one of my favorites... and you are gaining on him!

All the best... and thanks for sharing...

----Dave

#1089086 - 08/06/15 09:53 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: E Swartz]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by E Swartz
Nelson,

I liked this a lot, cool write, cool lyrics/music/arrangement. But mostly, these chord progressions are dynamite! No nits here.

steady-eddie.


That's much appreciated Eddie.
I'm no musician but I'm trying my damnedest to create cool/interesting pieces.

....... baby steps, eh?


#1089091 - 08/06/15 10:06 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Nelson]  
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 4,130
TamsNumber4 Offline
Top 100 Poster
TamsNumber4  Offline
Top 100 Poster

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 4,130
New Hampshire
I have just been thinking about you...I was missing your voice...so happy to hear you, I was needing a dose of your vocal soul....I love your song...and really like the nice change up for the chorus...just so happy to hear your voice...it is so calming to me...but how do we make the cd a reality...I don't want it to be imaginary....I've been wanting one for so long...


http://tammyjann.com/
https://soundcloud.com/tamsnumber4
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1038504

Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it...
Professor Albus Dumbledore




#1089099 - 08/06/15 10:32 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: TamsNumber4]  
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,938
Kevin Emmrich Offline
Kevin Emmrich  Offline


Top 10 Poster

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,938
Crozet, VA
Excellent write and recording. You are the consummate story teller and performer -- and now you have added video production to your list of talents.

Get that CD done this month and mail it off to Brian to include in the awards thingy. I plan on doing the same with my "mythical" CD -- whether it is really done or not!!

Love your tunes, keep doing what you are doing!


"Good science comes in peer reviewed journals. Conspiracy theories come in YouTube videos. "
Kevin @ bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh (and Kevin @50/90 2019)
#1089212 - 08/08/15 04:49 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Michael Zaneski]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Michael Zaneski
Hi Nelson,

This is fine writing, and I like your sound, too. I think your chorus could be tightened up a little. It feels like maybe the piano is going out-of-sync with the vocals at times. Otherwise, no nits.

Mike


You're right about that.
Creating it was tough enough but trying to play that part was way above my pay grade. smile

I'll take another swing at it, on the next go round.

Appreciate you stopping by.

#1089283 - 08/09/15 12:58 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: lane1777]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by lane1777
excellent lyric and music, watched the video, very nicely done.
Mr Nelson.


Thx for stopping in Lane

#1089365 - 08/10/15 01:40 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Nelson]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,894
Ricki E. Bellos Offline
Top 40 Poster
Ricki E. Bellos  Offline
Top 40 Poster

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,894
Wisconsin
Hi Nelson, I enjoyed my listen, as well as the video. Very creative. I'm never disappointed when I push play as you always deliver.

Ricki

#1090036 - 08/19/15 04:13 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Todd Strachan]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Todd Strachan
I loved the lyrics, a wonderful write as usual. The music I thought was GREAT! I wish I could build em like that! Always enjoy your offerings Mr Nelson.

Todd


Appreciate the visit, the spin and the support Todd.

#1090037 - 08/19/15 04:17 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Dave Rice (D)]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Hi Mister Nelson:

My friends all accuse me of being older than Admiral Nelson... but I really liked this song. Your site is pretty spiffy, too!

Forgive me, I did not watch the video... just one of my quirks when listening to music... I'm into the words, melody and vocal and moving things seem to distract me. (Wonder if I had Attention Deficit Disorder when I was a kid?)

Anyway... you scored about a dozen touchdowns with this song. Don't you wish Satchmo was still around to sing this thing? He was always one of my favorites... and you are gaining on him!

All the best... and thanks for sharing...

----Dave


Thanks for swinging by Dave.
The video is just me fumblin about... sort of artistically. smile

#1090038 - 08/19/15 04:20 PM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: TamsNumber4]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by TamsNumber4
I have just been thinking about you...I was missing your voice...so happy to hear you, I was needing a dose of your vocal soul....I love your song...and really like the nice change up for the chorus...just so happy to hear your voice...it is so calming to me...but how do we make the cd a reality...I don't want it to be imaginary....I've been wanting one for so long...


What a Doll?

Have I told you lately......

That U ROCK

smile

#1090655 - 08/26/15 10:50 AM Re: *** Turn Around *** [Re: Kevin Emmrich]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Nelson Offline
Top 200 Poster
Nelson  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,616
Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted by Kevin Emmrich
Excellent write and recording. You are the consummate story teller and performer -- and now you have added video production to your list of talents.

Get that CD done this month and mail it off to Brian to include in the awards thingy. I plan on doing the same with my "mythical" CD -- whether it is really done or not!!

Love your tunes, keep doing what you are doing!


Thank you much Kevin.
Appreciate the kind words.
As for that album, who knows...... I'm a bit busy as of late.

I'm sure your offerings for the awards will be dynamite.😊

All the best

/forum/forumhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.jpfolks.com%2Fforum%2Fubbthreads.php%2Ftopics%2F1088809%2Fre-turn-around.html
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0