i know i know this isnt quite a cookingrecipe but please bear with me it has done me and my girlfriend the world of good, especially her... (she would kill me if i told her)

now putting my personal opinions to one side regarding flouride in toothpaste, i decided to try making my own toothpaste about three or so years ago using natural ingrediant i was happy with...

after some time i decided upon 'bicarbonate of soda' and pure 'peppermint oil' then just mixed with water untill its as thick or as runny as you want...

then i met emma about two years ago, and recently she read that scientists were saying they wished governments would put more coconut oils in toothpastes as they are supposed to be good for your teeth and gums...

(now she would admit this if forced to but my dear partner did NOT look after her teeth and shall we say her diet wasnt the best. nuff said)

...so, after she read this out aloud at my parents house one night for dinner i decided to try something out...

next shopping day i bought a tin of coconut milk (you know the sort you cook curries and other foods with)

when home i tried many variaties of natural oils, but narrowed it doen to 2. peppermint and spearmint, but in all honesty for tast and putting it in your mouth reasons, peppermint has always won hands down for me and my gal time after time now...

and then the old skool (always preffered the old ways of doing things) bicarbonate of soda, so i now had three ingrediants i was happy with...

and since mixing these, i now have a home-made toothpaste i am happy with, allbeit a little time and effort and not quite as amiable as a little plastic tube is. and i cannot emphasise the difference in my girlfriends teeth seriously. but she did also have a diet change when she moved in with me...

so, coconut milk, bicarbonate of soda, and peppermint oil is all i need to keep my teeth clean (what i have left that is) and i dont have to ingest anything else just to keep my teeth clean...

finally, have you ever read the little bit of paper that comes with a tube of toothpaste, no, seriously go read it and you will quite clearly see it says dont swallow. so why oh why do we put it in our mouth then...

soz my first proper post isnt about my music but i really do hope this can help some of you out ther, as it once did me, and now, me and my gorgeous girlfriend...

hope it helps...

http://www.looplibrary.co.uk
love, light, learn, live.
jsm.