Niteshift's Post got me thinking, so blame him.

I know Brian would like to see all of the Forums have more activity, and I also know he has a love of movies.

So, with absolutely no one clamoring for my 2 cents, I am, nonetheless, gonna start a sporatically running commentary. I don't have the energy or desire to Blog, so this seems easiest, and it won't require you leave the Site, except to track down an occasional link.

My purpose? If I can keep just 1 person from wasting their time on screenplays, then I'll go to sleep peacefully.

There are several reason to write screenplays, and only 1 reason NOT to write them.

Write them because:

1. You have a story that you can't contain in two verses, a bridge and a chorus.

2. You want to branch out Creatively, even if it's just to get it out of your system...I guarantee, that if you write a screenplay, you'll become a better songwriter.

3. I could list a dozen other reasons to write a screenplay, but I'll let you fill in the blanks.

There's only 1 reason NOT to write one: For the Money. End of discussion.

But I'll cover these more in depth in other threads...For simplicity's sake, I'll probably title the threads something along the lines of Screenwriting #2--Indies, or Screenwriting
#3--Loglines...Or something like that to make referencing them easier.

Onward

Midnite

Satchel was right. Something is gaining on me.

The Shoebox & Dinner at Eight trailers available at:

http://www.twometer.com/Two_Meter_Studios/HOME.html