I`m coming close to finishing my first solo album and I`m wondering what to do next. I`d really like to tour and play my songs live to different audiences as much as possible, but I have no band for these songs and for live gigs I`d really need some partners onstage. Maybe I could actually do most of the songs on my own, but I really feel better when I have someone else to rely on, to share a bit of pressure and to add some magic to my songs. My regular bands music is completely different, what I do solo is a kind of folkie stuff, I`d compare it to Nick Drake`s or Tim Buckley`s music, if it`s not too pretencious to compare myself to those guys. With my regular band we play jazz standards and instrumental jazzy-styled covers of some pop songs, we do it in hotels around my hometown and don`t really move much, + my guitarist just got a baby girl two days ago, no travelling long distance for him any time soon. Another thing is that I wanted to do this singer-songwriter project without the rest of the band anyway, being a bit bored with drums-bass-e.guitar sound, using vibraphone, violine, cello etc. To record the songs I moved to Berlin, my brother lives here for 19 years and we both know a lot of good musicians here and I`ve been helped a lot by many of them to put it all together, but in order to assemble a band, maybe even with some of these people, I`d have to get some serious booking, so that I could move over here completely and start pushing the thing forward. I have no idea yet who to talk to, is it any different here in Europe with the booking business then over the pond at your place? I dont know what really to do with the record either, to offer it around or to start a label myself. Whatever I do booking is essential, so finding someone who`d take me as a support gig for the tour would meen very much to me, I could then get some people together on the bassis of fixed number of gigs, therefor some money. I`m kinda puzzled, I know what I`d like to happen and I can and will work hard and do whatever is possible, but I don`t know what my next move should be... And anyway I first need to do my usual summer hotel gigs to make some money, I`m only writing all of this now cause I`d hate to waste time if there are some moves I can make while I`m still busy with my regular band...
Any ideas?

Last edited by vlado; 05/09/12 12:22 PM.