HELLO, All You Beautiful People!!

Do you like to have fun, be a little silly, and let loose a bit? This Challenge is for you!

With full authorization from Brian Whitney , WE IS NOW GONNA HAVE US A JPF KARAOKE PARTY/OPEN MIC.
This thread will be ONGOING, rather than a new numbered topic every week.
Drop in or out as you like; open to everyone at any time.

Basic idea: "What would happen if a bunch of JPF'ers got together and hit up a karaoke bar??"
I will be your "Party Hostess" and hold a Weekly Party Challenge/Theme for songs.
(*Simple rules posted further down.)

So! STARTING MONDAY 12 AM EST.... (Sunday midnight: East Coast Time)
This is our first theme:

[Linked Image]

EDIT SEP 30: OK, "eye am dum" ... it says Sep 31, and there IS NO SEP 31 and none of you peeps called me on this! Sigh...
WE WILL RUN THE CITIES CHALLENGE THRU SUN MIDNITE OCT 2nd.
I tried to change the graphic.

For anyone who can't SEE the above blinky graphic --
PARTY CHALLENGE #1: CITIES!! Sing ANY song with contains a CITY NAME in the TITLE, ARTIST, or LYRIC.
Original or cover songs allowed.
SEP 26 - OCT 2

Drop your song link in this format:
TITLE:
ARTIST:
LINK:
~~EMBEDDED PLAYER ~~
ANY INFO
pertinent to your entry.

(IE: for this week, if the city name is in the lyric, quote that line, or say "Mentions New York" or whatev.)

*If you ALREADY HAVE a song recorded that fits the theme, cool beans, just post it! and not a lick of work on your end. OK? OK!

Please give BOTH the URL & embedded player/video if you can - it will make listening VERY EASY here. For detailed info on how to EMBED a music or video player, see this topic:

http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/924164/page/0/fpart/1

To keep this thread from getting TOO cluttered with individually quoted posts etc, when you have positive comments, we'll use more of a "Twitter format" for this, like so:

@JimJPF -- great vocals!
@Linda -- listened, nice job!
@JaneJPF -- sweet, good song choice for you!

....rather than extensive quoting of previous posts to address each player.

Let's keep things trimmed & tight.

This Challenge will run through the weekend to SUNDAY MIDNIGHT OCT 2 to let us all get started and figured out.

Weekends will normally be "OPEN MIC FREEBIES" -- drop ANY TWO SONG LINKS, COVER or ORIGINAL. I'll announce the next week's Party Challenge at some point over the weekend, to run Mon 12 AM -Fri 9 PM EST (for those of you home Fri nite with nothing to do but hang out at JPF - lol).

Rules: SHORT VERSION. (Long version w/explanations, scroll down the thread a bit)
1. TWO SONG LIMIT PER PERSON PER CHALLENGE PER WEEK.
2. POST songs and comments here in this topic using FORMAT explained above.
3. ONLY POSITIVE FEEDBACK ALLOWED!!! BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER.
4. TRY not to post the SAME recording more than once throughout the thread.
5. STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to use existing Karaoke Online sites to keep it fast and easy. Recommended sites below. SEE the "Party Hotline" thread for asking your how-to questions. DO NOT POST tech questions HERE.
6. LICENSING is your business not ours.
7. NO PRIZES (except, possibly booby prizes), THIS IS NOT A CONTEST, NO WINNERS and NO LOSERS!
8. INSTRUMENTAL play-along is allowed.
9. KEEP YOUR SONG "PUBLIC" until the following Monday when the new Challenge begins.
10. PLEASE TRY to listen to others .

Those of you who know me best - should know that my Challenges may get a little kooky or zany as we go along, but that's sort of the whole point.
Laugh! Relax! (what a concept!)

Final note:

This will likely be a very silly place.

HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Linda Adams; 10/06/11 01:15 AM.