3. How to post pictures that are already on another web site

One thing you could do is just save the picture to your hard drive and then follow 2.

But if it's already on the web anyway, you can save some steps by doing the following. I'll use myself as an example again. I have a page on our engineering server that has some of my photos on it. The top of the page looks like this:

[Linked Image]

Suppose I want to post that portrait in a JPF post. Again, it's convenient to have two tabs open - one to your JPF post and one to the page with the photo you want to snag. In this example, I right-click on the portrait I want to snag:

[Linked Image]

Now I click on "Properties" at the very bottom and this shows up:

[Linked Image]

Notice where it says Address (URL) that I have selected with my mouse everything to the right of the http://

Once that part of the URL is selected, I right-click and copy it. Then go to my JPF post:

[Linked Image]

Notice the row of icons above the post box. I click on the third icon from the left (boxed in red on the above photo)and get get a dialog box like this:

[Linked Image]

I then right-click and select "paste" to paste my URL into the dialog box:

[Linked Image]

I click OK and my post now looks like this:

[Linked Image]

Note again that the picture does not show up - only the code. However, if I "Preview Post" (or submit), I can see the picture show up:

[Linked Image]

Those are the methods I've used to post photos in this forum. There may be better ways or other ways. If so, feel free to post them.

Scott

Last edited by Scott Campbell; 08/31/11 11:31 PM.