Hi Cindy,

You gave your opinion, there is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing to forgive its your opinion. You posted asking how do you make money with lyric writing. MAB answered your question and then some.....:)

Honestly if you went to a NSAI class 101 they would be telling you the same thing...and yeah they kinda of tell you, not suggest or say maybe if, its really like don't do this or such n such happens...MAB isn't being condescending in my opinion...but the reality of music is if you don't see thru the coldness of the internet you will not like what the reality of Nashville is like...they don't care how you feel. They hear what we are saying over and over every day..."I can write a song, how do I make money?, who can I write with" I've been there...
Thick skin is a prerequisite for this business...period!

So if I were you, I would re read what MAB and the rest said, take the parts you can assimilate and move on. Use it as a learning tool as it was intended.

I have nothing to gain by writing this to you other then I have been there and sometimes its difficult to hear the passion and understanding that the internet masks when someone is trying to explain a situation.

Thanks for reading my opinion.
Continue writing, good things come from perseverence.