Thank you for your response to my post.

But our goal is to recognize fantastic music that moves the most people in our process.
To put some sort of limit factor on the quality of work would be insulting to many writers and artists who haven't been paid or sold a CD but who have talent nonetheless.

I'm really not sure how my suggestion for a pro and amateur division draws this response. In no way is "talent" or the "quality of work" even brought up. The term amateur is given to somebody that loves something but does not make a living doing it. It in no way denotes anything inferior, or a lack of talent. In years past I had the privilege of conducting both professional and amateur choirs. I would ten to one rather have an amateur group to conduct!

It's a fair and wide open process that doesn't exclude anyone. Many people are left out of the major TV awards programs. We don't leave anyone out. If you want to enter, we don't care if you're a brand new songwriter or a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer (and we've had some of those folks enter believe it or not and they didn't win either!).

Help me out here. Where did I suggest that anyone was left out or that the process was unfair?

I thought I went out of my way to say just the opposite and to compliment you on the way the contest is conducted. I'm really sorry that I did such a horrible job communicating my suggestion.