Originally Posted by airun
Eh Mike ive heard fergies cd and most of her songs are more original than "eventually"
I know music has something to do with how well a song is received but why would you want to put crappy lyrics to nice music
Why not write great lyrics to great music
and you can't compare songs that were written 40 years ago to now
it wasnt a cliche lyric back then and its been used a million times by now

Hi

I have to agree with what your saying 100% I take forever with most of my songs so they can have all the good elements covered.

I'm not saying I think the song has the greatest lyrics. all I'm saying is the whole package of the songs fits today's market. And If i heard Justin Timberlake doing this song it would not surprise me at all one bit.

What songs are from 40 years ago.? The ones I mentioned are all in this decade.

I could easily point out and list HIT songs with weak lyrics all day and night long.

Style Over substance in many cases......

Producers - Pro-Tools- Pitch Correction the 3 P's make up 80% of the charts today.

Oh and heres a top 10 song from last year one of the ones I mentioned.
Since You been Gone at first I thought Kelly wrote it and thought okay she is a kid and wrote this okay yeah for her smile

Then I find out two grown men wrote it. These lyrics are hard core nonsense reminds me of Ackey Breakey Heart which must have been written with crayons.

If I had written this below I would have torn up the paper when i was working on it...It becomes a big hit.. so what? Well if a songwriters goal is to get a cut and a hit it's a big so what...
It's a lot of things happening when a song becomes a hit, many time lyrics are not the number one priority. This is the history of Pop music I know my history well smile

Since You Been Gone
Here's the thing
We started out friends
It was cool, but it was all pretend
Yeah, yeah, since you been gone
You're dedicated, you took the time
Wasn't long 'til I called you mine
Yeah, yeah, since you been gone
And all you'd ever hear me say
Is how I picture me with you
That's all you'd ever hear me say

You had your chance, you blew it
Out of sight, out of mind
Shut your mouth, I just can't take it
Again and again and again and again

Since you been gone (since you been gone)
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah
Thanks to you (thanks to you)
Now I get, I get what I want
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah
Thanks to you (thanks to you)
Now I get (I get)
You should know (you should know) that I get
I get what I want

Since you been gone
Since you been gone
Since you been gone

Looks and sound sells lots of records, in the pop world. I always give credit where credit is due, I like lots of things many musicians don't as well as songwriters don't.
And I always loved pop music big time. Pop music was overall alot better years ago

Thanks!
Peace Mike
Sub

Music & Video's & Photo's
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=482602

Demo/Production & Music Services
http://www.substudiomusic.com