I seriously think you could start JPF-TV. As soon as you get as you say some quality videos. To actually have a network that did broadcast more than just Hard Rock Videos (ala the Fuse) or mostly Rap (ala MTv when it does play videos), there has to be room for an actual music tv station.

I bet you'd start getting stuff from the Labels if you really wanted it. But that probably goes against the nature of what you're trying to do.

As for getting a good broadcast quality of a live event, its possible with consumer equipment, but its not easy. I did it for a show once. I had 4 cameras. One stationed at the sound booth - that was my wide angle and capture the sound camera. I figured if it was going to sound ok from anywhere in the room it would be next to the sound guy. Then I had 3 people with handheld cameras. All were DV. The only instruction I gave them was to keep the camera rolling the entire time no matter what they did.

Then I took all four tapes and put them in the computer and edited them all together using only the one camera from the sound booth for the sound. I just matched the sound up from all four tapes and turned all their sound off. Then cut to my hearts content. I ended up with a really cool 4 camera video that looks great. I did what I could with the sound and its not bad. Not as great as say a professional broadcast, but it is listenable without wincing. Due to all the hand held angles I got some really great shots of the band and the performance.

I use it for part of my booking promo video. Eventually I'll likely put it on some compiliation DVD in the future. It's really fun to see where you've been as compared to where you're going.

Jody

p.s. - yes, it's tough to do a much longer event when you have to switch tapes. I know I dropped the ball on one tape change for you a couple of years ago when I got caught up talking to a fellow artist.

------------------
Music That Makes Your Soul Happy!
www.jodywhitesides.com

Jody Whitesides
A Funky Audio Lap Dance For Your Ears!
www.jodywhitesides.com