Hey Dave,

Thanks. This has been one of the more interesting experiences I have had. I've done a few Facebook things before but never quite the "FACEBOOK LIVE" thing. I saw so many people doing it and most of them were having to do the "virtual tip jars" and such to try and make up for the loss of revenue. And at the same time it is so hard for people paying their bills, having no income, etc. I just didn't want to go that route. I am very lucky in that I have some investments that have done fine through a lot of bad times, and I am actually sort of "semi retired" so I'm not stressed out about my livelyhood.

And songwriters, artists, musicians are actually very used to being able to develop a lot of income and interest streams. So some of the people are doing pretty decently. It's not all doom and gloom, although no one would say they are thriving. Some people just are good at making the best of bad situations. There are several session players, producers, etc. doing online tutorials and even some doing continuous demos and other recordings. With technology, pretty much anything can be done. If anything, it's showing ways that people can utilize their talents in ways they didn't see.

For me, it's been a really interesting experience. Each show I do, I do is "THEMED" and each theme requires me to research my own catelogue, and find songs that fit that theme. So that has required me to go WAY BACK into my catalogue, and find all sorts of things I have completely forgotten about. You have to remember, that I've written over 3000 songs since 2003, and quite a few before that in my 32 years in this town. So I've got a few to go through. I'm at 18 shows now, doing one tonight, because I am picking up "extra shows" for different groups. And that brings in people becoming aware of my music and my teaching and mentoring things, which is where my real bread and butter is. I am contacted most days from people I have never met, asking for song critiques, questions about my services, and of course, getting quite a few downloads. They find me, go to my web site, and let it go from there.
I have reconnected with relatives and friends I have not seen or talked to in 40 years, let relatives see what I do, opened up lines of communication and found a TON of new listeners. It's been eye opening.

It has all kinds of interesting by products. Our neighborhood here, is a pretty close group of people. But there are plenty that we have not known. So on Fridays, we gather up our street at a "cul-de-sac" and everyone brings their own snacks, drinks, tables, chairs, etc. and we gather for a neighborhood "happy hour" party. One of the neighbors had a ton of Bamboo in his back yard he was going to cut down anyway (now is the time to get all those household things you put off done) and cut them into 7 foot strips. Then we brought those out, and laid them out so that everyone keeps their social distance. It is a lot of fun and we get to meet all our different neighbors, which helps not just getting to know each other, but in our "neighborhood watch" so we all know what's going on, have each other's information, etc.

And it has also brought out musicians. We have about three singers and songwriters on the block. And one happens to be DOCTOR. We also have a Researcher from Vanderbilt, who is learning to play fiddle. He and his wife actually went through the entire Covid 19 experience. He had barely a headache and she was really down and out for about 5 weeks. But they both have totally recovered and we get some insights into things to do and not to do from them.

They all have gotten to know me through my shows, and it provides some insights into who their crazy neighbors are. And it has really helped us in a ton of ways. Two weeks ago, one of our neighbors, had their driveway paved. We all have some pretty long and steep driveways and those of us that have priced them before have foujnd the prices WAY UP. But they did some really thorough research, and foujnd a great price, and a very dependable third generation paving company. They did such a great job, we had the do ours, and last Friday another neighbor got their's done. We all got great work at really great prices since the company had all the equipment, labor here, and all the jobs were right next to each other. On others, we recommended a company that did our kitchen and bathroom renovations a couple years ago, and three other famiiles have had work done as well.

So all of this has just created opportuntiies, not just for music, but for social intereaction in a very tough time. The overall time has been okay for myself and my partner, Tina. Since we both work mostly from home, and do most of both of our jobs online, there has not been a huge amount of things that have changed. My trips to the store, and other nessasary things have been pretty easy actually. Just takes some planning, paying attention to what the govt. is saying and taking care of yourself and neighbors.

Now, the City is opening up and most resturants, and other places, hair salons, nail salons, and many other businesses are opening. All are practicing safe things and we are adjusting, which is what we do best here. This state is called "THE VOLUNTEER STATE" and that is basically the attitudes you get here. WE look out for each other and try to do all we can. And it comes back ten fold.

Okay. Got to go take my dog to the groomers. Those are opening up too. Pretty soon I'll even be able to get a hair cut and get out of my "weird Emmett Brown" look. LOL!

Stay safe everyone. Show is tonight at 7:00 PM CST, and on Friday, I'm VERY EXCITED, because I'm doing my NEXT BIG THING CD in it;s entirety. At one point, after my publishing deal ran out and another one was destroyed by a well intentioned but misguided attorney, and before my teaching really kicked in, I decided to do my "last CD." In order to make it interesting, I did it in the form of a play. It told the story of two 85 year old guys, Bobby and Billy, who had grown up together, had bands, learned and played music and basically had a ton of adventures. At 85, one night they decide to escape their old folks home and head for one last blast in Las Vegas. Along the way, the tell their stories of their lives and all the songs are sort of their lives in flashback. It goes through loves, cars, loss, death, and most of all, life. It's pretty funny, and I put all kinds of pictures of my kids, friends,parents, band members, celebrities, former girlfriends, etc. and made up the stories and did it in a booklet form with the CD in the back of it. A freak pipe burst happened while 'i was on the road destroying most of the booklets, and CDS.
So this is the only time I've ever done this, and I'm really looking forward to it. That one will be Friday at 10:00 am CST.

Gotta make the best of hard times. I do have that much from My Father in me.

Take care.
MAB