Originally Posted by Mark Kaufman
I'm sitting here trying to understand why I don't like "Start Me Up" but I really like "She's So Cold". There really isn't a lot of difference between these songs...probably even in the same key. I'll turn down "Start Me Up" and crank up "She's So Cold" every time.

I'll let you know what the shrink says.

She's So Cold is my favorite Stones track. I see/hear art when I hear shes so cold. I didnt always, I just thought it was a cool song. But it may be entirely me, but the little guitar parts, to me sound like somebody is playing inside a refrigerator, or on some icy terrain. Im not sure how they accomplished that, but those little licks sound like icicles dripping off, and that metallic edge you might expect from a cold environment. And the shuffling drum beat sounds like plodding on ice. Again, it may be totally me hearing things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo34VhfcetU

Start me up may be a case of overkill. It got to a point where you couldnt watch a football game without start me up playing right before kickoff. it might have gotten too much exposure, and "you make a dead man come" is a pretty lame line, but i guess works for rock n roll.

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 07/16/19 09:12 AM.