Originally Posted by Michael Zaneski
I find it a little amusing, a little sad, highly ironic, and a total learning experience..this thread..

My intention was clearly to help folks use BIAB (and Melodyne) better, so as to become better at producing songs themselves. I think that is self-evident in every post I made.

First I saw it morph into an attack on the software itself, which was unfair, since I was basically saying to the folks who already use the software, "here's how to use it better."

And now it seems more focused on whether it's worth it to pay for demos or not..

And from where I sit, whether or not people who do what I do are doing something worth paying for.

Okay dokey..

AS I said a learning experience..

I've learned that indeed, no good deed goes unpunished..and moreover, once you put something "out there" into the hands of the public, it's really no longer yours, and whatever benign intentions you may have had, don't really matter.

Carry on, as you were, but I'm out..

I do believe, though, that "hope" is a rather un-quantifiable thing that is being left out of the equation, out of this last round of thought. We all need some solid form of it. Making something, creating something tangible like a good recording of a song is always on the plus side of hope.

Mike

Mike I have a response to this. I see you took down the scathing remarks u made, i sometimes do that to. For what its worth, i came across the info of the real tracks actually being saved as midi internally online, i think it was by the makers of the software. Perhaps u can write Peter Gannon for details, i may not have articualted right as Im not a BIAB nerd

The point was, these demos are not enough to cut the mustard, if there is even mustard to need cutting. Ive been saying that since day one. Its not to attack BIAB, its a usefull software but nobody is going to get serious consideration with this software. The reason perhaps for the switch in emphasis of the thread is that its becoming a band in a box forum, they already have one. Theres more to songwriting and music than band in a box, theres also the art and fun of it, nobody goes there....

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 04/12/19 02:57 PM.