I was working for a publisher many moons ago and we used to get some
pretty poor stuff to listen to in DEMO form

Why poor ? you may ask , Badly sung , Long boring intros Poor prosody
re runs of well known hits

One guy sent in a list of thirty songs and said I am sure you will find something
here, NO Way ! That would be thrown in the bin without a listen in general ,
but listening to the first song on his list would confirm the rest would be pretty awful

This is not only typical of wannabe writers , In every profession especially those
involving sport and entertainment, 98 percent of those applying are completely unsuitable
Its a fact of Human Nature

These comments are not intended to be me acting like a Know It All , just pure facts of life

Sadly badly sung demos are a complete turn off , and if the sender does not realise that
how are they going to improve ??

If you are posting here surely , you are looking for feed back , it does not mean a badly
written song , comes from a fool or a low life , but we can only judge by our personal
experiences of the profession , Sending a song off to a Publisher , does not even
guarantee the song will be listened to, there are not enough hours in the days and
most Publishers only accept songs from established writers.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 04/02/19 03:19 AM.

One of the most important principles of songwriting is to remember that a good song is a partnership of many different components, all working together to produce a satisfying musical experience.

In that respect, song components are either enhancing or compromising their combined effects.