Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Let's see, Jody:

I take it as condemnation when the founder of this website says, "What a horrible way to respond!" Perhaps my skin is too thin but none of this really amounts to two hoots in hell. I gave my opinion of the film clip. My mind is unchanged. The film clip I saw was unfit for human consumption. No insult intended for Dominique. He has clients who need music for a grade "D" movie in the making.

** snip **

If your rationale is only about making money and not actually promoting material fit for human consumption on the screen or as music, so be it. We have a difference of opinion.

You're right Dave, none of it amounts to anything in the grand scheme of history (I don't believe in hell). Which makes it all the more curious as to why you'd shoot JPF in the foot like that. Personally, its remarks like yours that can cause people to walk away from this songwriter's group, take their opportunities elsewhere. If that was the intent, you may well have succeeded. Plus it gives any future music supervisors pause to ever come deal with JPF members. I suspect that Brian's response was to express that Dominique (or any music supervisor) should be able to come here with music requests without being chastised for the project he/she is helping find music for.

My rationale: I can't judge a book by the cover. There's always a zeitgeist possibility to what the movie touches on, which could be ripe for consumption.

Originally Posted by John Lawrence Schick
Who are we? The audience. And yes, we should express our views on art, film, music, books, etc.… Everything is good and acceptable doesn’t cut it with me. We create and then the audience judges. And that’s the way it should be. Should some art forms be banned? Of course not. But the audience will place the art form where it belongs.

Exactly, but a ban was essentially requested here.

Jody Whitesides
A Funky Audio Lap Dance For Your Ears!
www.jodywhitesides.com