Hi There,

So I just responded to "Without You" which was a perfect mix. I have some thoughts on this.

First I think you should say "you became the anchor...of my heart and soul" or something that has more imagery to it. "Central part" is kind of vague. I think anywhere you can use a simile or metaphor for some of the thoughts in here the better off you will be. People will remember "anchor" because they can see it but they won't remember "central part."

Also, you might think about making it two verses with a bridge. 3 verses is really pushing it these days. Everyone has a very short attention span. Without You is tight as a drum. I think this needs to be tight as well.

Also, just for the future, some type of pre chorus is almost necessary if you want to be commercial--radio commercial.

I think about 90% of radio songs of this genre now now are V, Pre Chorus, Chorus, V, Pre Chorus, Chorus, Bridge, Chorus (or Chorus Chorus).

Finally, I think you should use the stripped down sound and EQ settings you used in Without You. That was radio ready and really showcased the song and sounded extremely pleasing to the ear and silky smooth so you obviously have the right tools in your tool kit.

This sound is way too busy IMHO and kind of gets in the way of the song. You did a masterful mixing job on Without You and I would use that.

Just my two cents!!!

Great stuff though.

David Snyder, Composer, Author
Singer-Songwriter, Producer
Regional Chapter Coordinator, NSAI
www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder