Hi Jody, Brian and fellow participants:

Jody, I hope you know your opinion and information is important to your fellow songwriters, artists and others in the biz... or those of us knocking on the door to attempt entry. While it often appears that you and my Pro (ASCAP) are often on different sides of the issue (particularly streaming) I am often confused by mixed signals they sometimes send... some of which tend to contradict the previous day's newsletter.

Most of us know the music industry is in a new state of turmoil and that most of us do not have the time or resources to monitor every facet of all the new assaults on what used to be a set of rules written in stone... at least until another international agreement became imposed upon us.

Please never take my posts to be intended to be petty, snide or personal when it comes to you and what you share with us. Like most folks, I don't care much for change unless I can clearly see that it improves the pathway for success to so many of us struggling to find a spot at the trough at the base of the music pyramid.

Keep that information coming. If I (or others) find information that seems to disagree, we owe it to each other to share. Since you appear to be on the receiving end of some monetary compensation from your musical efforts, I would tend to believe your information is extremely valuable to us... if for no other reason as to "sound the alarm" and let us know that change is at hand.

The concept of streaming is foreign to me, seems difficult to track, and thus account for fully from the perspective of one in the lower echelons. Thank you for caring enough to share your input with us.

Regards, ----Dave