Originally Posted by Michael LeBlanc
Thanks Mike!I found out real quick how much BIAB is limited.I have gotten real frustrated trying to get things to sound like i want but couldn't and had to settle for far less.About the best i can do is put a little something to my lyrics just to get them out of the notebook so to speak.I'm sorta pleased with some of my songs that i do on my own even though i know they're not 100% the way i hear them in my head.I'm pretty sure that's why i slowed down lately in my songwriting.I still enjoy it though when i do hit on it again.It was interesting to see how you get things done,i really enjoyed it. Mike

Hi Mike,

Your demos function just fine in the capacity to give us listeners a really good idea of a song's strength and weaknesses. Your vocal phrasing is strong and I am sold on your songs based on that much of the time. BIAB can function from anything from a sketch pad at one extreme, to a part of a full blown demo making process, on the other, and that's what makes it great software and so much fun to use. I am starting to learn the names of all the loops' performers. It makes it feel more real and reminds me these are real people playing these things.

Mike

Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)