Hey, you know, a lot of time I feel like I am the grim reaper in all forms of the music business. When discussions go a certain way, I try to bring information that might give a broader perspective on it all.

I strongly believe that people can be their own motivation, that the most important things they do creatively is for themselves Sometimes, they step past that and into the arena with various levels of success. And there are many ways of defining success, financial is only one of them.
In all the talk of rock, pop, country, downloading, streaming, etc. we get bogged down in various business things and people might be interested in other things. You guys talking about the Christian industry, was interesting as I have had a little experience in that. But I also felt that the CHRISTIAN MUSIC Business would be having it's own problems. And just like usual, someone starts talking about something and BOOM here comes an article on just that.

This is NOT to depress you. You should be writing for YOU. But do know that all the entertainment industry is going through the same things. Nothing is above being touched. Read with that in mind.

http://theweek.com/articles/555603/who-killed-contemporary-christian-music-industry