Hi CapnCloud,

Congrats on the nomination. I can't always explain why something gets nominated beyond the simple reality that real people collectively loved your music when given a chance to hear it, without bias and without any agenda beyond listen to music and flagging songs "that moved them" which is another way of saying songs they connected to, or even more simply, liked. Often they pick songs that even the artists as surprised by, which I love because I long ago learned that knowing which of their songs will connect to others is the last thing an artist becomes good at most of the time. Some are thrilled, some surprised, some even get angry asking "how could they have picked THAT song" to which I reply "well, YOU wrote and recorded it, it must have meant something to you as well the day you created it." So often musicians are programmed to try and look at music the way they think "industry" will look at it when sometimes people who perhaps have just experienced a similar set of feelings as you did when you wrote a particular song, connect to it in ways even they may not realize. That's the wonderful magic of music.

Glad you checked in. We've sent you some info (hopefully you got it via email) and as long as you sent us MP3's for individual song(s) nominated, you're good to go beyond deciding if you'll be joining us at the awards show which we just moved from August to October in hopes of more people being able to attend without touring conflicts and family vacations etc.

Welcome aboard, feel free to post on any topic, start your own and join some nice people talking about music.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney