Brian, I think your reading skills are fading. I know critics praise rap. That was my point as well as why I quoted Ry Cooder. They praise rappers for doing little more than yelling poorly written obscenities over mechanized sound fx.

If you feel I'm giving rappers a bad rap, by all means, quote some of their work, post links to their melodies and musicianship.. but you can't do that for the same reason critics can't...it doesn't exist. Time magazine's list of the 100 best albums has plenty of rap records from the 80s, 90s and beyond. Read the reviews. They rarely quote the lyrics and when they do, the lines are ridiculous.

You can't disprove my arguments with substance, all you can do is attack my character by calling me "bitter". I'm extremely proud of my work...I just finished my first novella at the age of 51. I've been happily married for nearly 30 years, own ten acres and two houses. Bitter? Please, When I was 13 I never thought I'd have it so good.

Ry Cooder has had a career lasting over 50 years...so yes, he's released plenty of bad albums. He was also a child prodigy who was playing with the Rising Sons as a teen. As a multi-instrumentalist he played on seminal albums by The Stones, Little Feat, Captain Beefheart, The Doobie Brothers and others. He's a superb musician, which is why he was interviewed about Robert Johnson instead of Flavor Fave.

I don't know what you mean when you say rap wasn't created for me. How do you know? You don't even know who I am. And who it's created for is an irrelevant dodge. Rap is just plain garbage.

Last edited by couchgrouch; 04/25/17 06:31 PM.