Hey everyone - new member here. I am a long time singer/songwriter and spent the past many years performing throughout my area. After getting married and have a couple of kids, and juggling a pretty demanding job, I have started stepping away from the late night gigs for the most part, and am turning my focus to songwriting. Like a lot of people here, I'd like to turn this into an extra source of income, much like my performing used to be.

So all tha said , here are my questions. I've been doing a lot of reading about the business side of songwriting. I researched and joined ASCAP, and am considering joining NSAI. The question I have on NSAI, is what benefits will I be able to take advantage of outside of Nashville and relatively far from any local chapters (North East PA area)? I do writ primarily. Punt y music, and I donplan to visit and pitch my songs regularly in Nashville. However, the question is, are there still benefits I can take advantage of if I don't no have regular access to the association? Appreciate anyone's input on that.

Second question - regarding the PROs. Do I need to register every song I wrote with the PRO, or is it better to wait until you have interest or a publisher on that son to register it? I write quite a few songs that never get past my own demo - do I still need to register these?

Final question - is this forum an appropriate place to try to get co writes with other writers? That is another area I'm interested in pursuing, and would love to open up my options to this group!

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to working with you all!