Jody is correct, you CAN learn perfect pitch. There is one caveat though. Its not called perfect pitch when you learn it, its called relative pitch, when its inborn its called perfect pitch. But the end result is the same, can you indentfty this middle c? why yes, I can

I would never buy this program simply cause I dont think i need it, but it can be learned, if you'd like to become a musician's musician

There arent that many practical uses for having perfect pitch, or relative pitch.

One glaring use would be when you are at the guitar shop, and as usual, the guitars on the wall are out of tune, and you want to play it. Knowing exactly what your low E or High E, or any of the 5 strings should sound like, helps you tune it. Or having to tune a guitar anywhere when you dont have a pitch fork or tuner. Although not many people tune by ear any more anyway. its all tuners.

Perfect pitch obviously helps you sing in tune, also helps cover bands hear recordings better, so they can learn what part they need to play. I suppose it would help in a live setting, where you are asked to join a band on stage, and being able to reproduce what they are doing on the spot.

Not sure why the extreme example of being "Tone Deaf" and this course helping them, is the argument though?

Nobody tone deaf should be doing anything in music, period. This is for musicians who want to sharpen their ears, and improve themselves as musicians. Great musicians can still want to learn perfect pitch.

Nobody made the argument that talent, and range, and pitch weren't essential. The only argument made was that no matter how gifted you are, you have to work hard to be great.

The music business is filled with average, ordinarily talented people who worked their tail off...