Here is the brand new member survey to find out who you are, what you like and dislike in the music industry, what you want and need and what you think about a variety of important topics. The survey isn't short, but it allows us to serve you better, and make your opinion and experiences count. This is a great way for you to help your fellow members choose the right resource, publication, retailer, gear, software and so on. It also allows us to better plan our free Roadtrips, and what to offer you during them. If you are not comfortable with a question, you can simply skip it. We must have a few questions answered, however, and those are in BOLD so you know which ones. Without that basic information, we can't process and add you to the group totals. We do not share information about individuals without permission directly from you, and we only post the final totals from the group when we are done (just like we did the last 2 years on the website.) This really is your chance to stand up and be counted, and over 50,000 people read last year's survey.
Note: If you are a non-USA member, please don't be discouraged by the number of US listed answers. We only posted the top responses from last year's survey, and because our membership was primarily US based, most companies/answers are from the US. However, in 2000, we added over 1000 International Members, and need your input to include responses that apply to your countries. We plan to pursue Just Plain Folks Chapters for every country that responds to our survey in 2001.
01. Please List Your Name
02. Please List Your Full Email Address (so we can verify your membership)
03. Please List Your City and State and Country
05. Please List Your Age (We won’t tell anyone)
06. Please List The Number Of Years of Music Experience You Have
07. Please List Your Occupation In The Music Industry (Choose all that apply)
08. Do You Have A Web Site? (If So, Please List Here)
09. What Instruments Do You Play In Writing/Recording/Performing? (Choose All That Apply)
10. How much money will you spend in 2001 on Musical Instruments, Computers and Other Equipment and Supplies used for your music performances, writing and recording?
11. Do You Plan To Record And Release At Least 1 Album In 2001?
12. How Many Copies Of Your CD Release Do You Plan To Create?
13. Please Name the Specific Company You Plan To Have Manufacture Your CD (If You Have One In Mind, such as Discmakers, Oasis etc..)?
14. Which Music Organizations/Associations Besides Just Plain Folks Do You Belong To (Choose all that apply)?
15. What Performance Rights Organizations Do You Belong To?
16. Please Select ALL Music Industry Publications You Regularly Read In Addition To Just Plain Notes?
18. Please List Your 3 Favorite Music Equipment Manufacturers?
19. What Computer System Do You Use?
20. Please List The Music Software Programs You Use In Making Your Music?
21. Please List Up To 3 Music Equipment Retailers You Would Most Likely Purchase Your Music Equipment From?
22. How Many CD’s Do You Personally Buy Each Month?
23. How Many Albums Have You Participated In Recording In Your Career?
24. How Many Songs Have You Written Solo?
Please Enter Total Number
25. How Many Songs Have You Co-written?
26. Do You Write?
27. Are You A Published Songwriter?
28. Have You Ever Had A Recording Contract?
29. In Your Musical Project, Do You?
30. What Are Your 3 Primary Genres Of Music?
31. Have You Posted Your Music On Line Via MP3 Or Similar Digital Format?
32. Have You Sold Any Digital Copies Of Your Music?
33. If Yes, How Many Units Have You Sold?
34. If Yes, Please List The Top 3 Sites You List/Sell Your Digital Songs Files On?
35. Have You Ever Bought A Digital Song On Line?
36. Is Your Music Available For Sale On Line Via CD/Tape?
37. Have You Sold Any Copies Of Your CD/Tape On Line?
38. If Yes, How Many Units Have You Sold?
Please List Number
39. If Yes, What Is The Average Price You Sell Your CD For?
40. If Yes, Please List The Top 3 Websites You Sell Your CD On?
41. Have You Ever Bought A CD/Tape On Line?
42. If Yes, Please List The Sites You Have Bought Music On Line From?
43. Please List Your Favorite Music Resource Web Sites (in addition to JPFolks.com)
44. Would You Be Interested In Participating In A Local Just Plain Folks Chapter?
45. If So, What Would You Like To See Such A Chapter Offer?
46. Please Name Your 3 Favorite Live Music Venues/Clubs in your area that support local musicians/artists? (include at least Venue Name and City/State/Country Please)
47. Would You Support An Official Just Plain Folks Music Venue In Your Town?
48. Please List Your Favorite Local Publications That Cover The Music In Your Town? (With City/State)
49. Would You Be Willing To Participate In A Volunteer Educational Music Program At One Of Your Local Schools?
50. Please List Any Local Radio Stations That Play Original Independent Music? (Please Include Call Letters, City/State)
51. Please List Your Favorite Local Recording Studio (Include Name, City/State)
Favorite Local Recording Studio
Please List Their Website (if available)
52. If we offered a Just Plain Folks Health Insurance Plan, would you be interested?
53. Who Would You Most Like To See Join Our Mentor Staff and Why?
Please Add This Person To The Just Plain Folks Mentor Staff
Here is why you should:
54. What Features Would You Most Like To See Added To The JPFolks Site?
55. What Programs Would You Most Like To See Added To Just Plain Folks?
56. What Do You Like The Most About Just Plain Folks?
57. What Would You Like Us To Change Or Improve, and How?
58. In Reality, To Offer Most New Programs, Just Plain Folks Would Need To Raise Money. How Would You Recommend and Prefer We Do That?
59. For Those Who Have Been Members For While, What Was You Favorite/Most Helpful Article In The Newsletter This Past Year?
60. What Would You Most Like To See Articles On This Year?
61. If We Published A Just Plain Folks Book This Year, What Would You Like To See Included In It? (Articles, Member Photos, Recaps of Events etc..)
62. Would You Be Interested In Purchasing A Just Plain Folks Book If It Were Published?
69. We traditionally End our surveys with Member Quotes about Just Plain Folks. This is important for us for use in marketing/promotions, press releases, quotes for the website and to get a feel for what you all think. If you have a quote to share with us, please enter it here. You just might end up in the press! Be sure to end it with your name so we can give proper credit!
Thanks for Participating In The 2001 Just Plain Folks Member Demographic Survey!