KAREN ANGELA MOORE
In today's moving and ever changing entertainment industry - it's nearly impossible to stay in one place doing one thing without missing opportunities! Karen Angela Moore's outlook on the business is to GET INVOLVED! She is involved in many areas of the business, and works untiringly with artists, production staff, radio, record labels, and investors, as well as on her own projects. Karen's exuberance for the songs, the artists, writers, and the many other facets of the industry shows in everything she does!
- A twelve year veteran of the Nashville music scene, Karen's singing, songwriting, and production talents are regularly showcased in many areas of the Nashville music community. She has appeared on The Ralph Emery Show, The Crook and Chase Show, 10 Seconds Game Show, as well as hosting and producing a Nashville Music Industry television show for two years. Her work with major label acts includes: The John Pizzarelli Trio, Mary Ann Price, Tom T. Hall, The Sweethearts of the Rodeo, Lynn Anderson, Jim Ed Brown, Marty Stuart, Royal Wade Kimes, Freddy Fender, Janie Fricke, Jack Green, Koko Taylor, Clarence Gatemouth Brown, and many others. Karen has done jingle and voice-over work, has appeared in numerous music videos. Karen hosted a Cable TV show called Writers' Night for 2 years, and She works regularly as a demo singer.
Karen's current album, "All the Wrong Things To Do!" was recorded with the talented John Pizzarelli Trio (RCA Records/Chesky Records). The album features Karen's swinging jazz vocals on originals, standards, and some obscure gems. The project is a compilation of swing, big band, jazz and blues, originals as well as standards, and has garnered some great reviews by the jazz press. The album is available on the internet at AMAZON.COM.
Raised in Madison, Wisconsin, it was a natural for Karen to produce and promote "The Packer Maniacs!" a Green Bay Packer Party Album! The 1997 musical release features Aaron Taylor (#73), Packers' Super Bowl Champ, on vocals. Karen's creative non-traditional marketing took the album to Packer Bars, Truckstops, and cheese shops throughout the country, with a fantastically designed Point of Purchase display. Karen orchestrated a WalMart tour of performances and autograph signings, internet exposure, and a 3 month road show of drivetime radio interviews - all successful! "Packer Maniacs!" appeared in SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, ESPN Sports, The Fabulous Sports Babe show (NYC), and traveled to JAPAN for the America's Bowl. It received three Mayoral proclamations! The album was released independently, and sold 30,000 units in 90 days! (and sales continue!)
Karen splits her time between Nashville and New York City. In New York City, she is a part of The Luedtke Agency which represents talent for Broadway, Film and TV. The impressive roster and list of accomplishments includes James Moody, Kevin Mahogany, lead roles in CHICAGO!, RENT, RIVERDANCE, and LAW and ORDER! Karen attends coaching sessions with Broadway performers, as well as working with playwrights and screen writers. "Good OL' Boy," a musical co-written with Lawrence Dukore (Greased Lightning/Richard Pryor), is currently going through a series of directed readings for stage development.
- Professional Credits
- Musical Production/Manufacturing
- - "On the Border" - Royal Wade Kimes - 12 cuts on Wonderment Records
- - "Packer Maniacs Vol. 1" - 12 cuts starring Aaron Taylor #73 of the Green Bay Packers on CR8VSOL Records
- - "Merry Christmas" - 5 cut EP featuring MaryAnn Price on Mpire Records
- - "All the Wrong Things To Do!" - 12 cut CD with The John Pizzarelli Trio on Mpire Records
- - "Hard to Get " - 8 cut CD by Rhonda Campbell
- - Large volume Artist Masters and Songwriter demos over the past 8 years
- Television Production
- - "Writers' Night" show - Viacom Channel 19 Nashville
- - Producer and hostess
- - 24 hour episodes
- - Talent screening and scheduling
- - Training on TD, Floor Director, camera, lighting, character generator, sound, editing
- Television - guest
- - Crook and Chase - CMT
- - Ralph Emery Show - CMT
- - Ralph Emery Morning Show - CMT
- - 10 seconds game show/4 episodes - CMT
- - "That's What Christmas is to me" - John M video - CMT
- - "My Mother and Me" - John M video - The Wildhorse Saloon - CMT
- Television/Film - sets/props
- - "A Thing Called Love" - Republic Pictures Feature Film
- - "Prop me up beside the jukebox" - Joe Diffie Video
- - "Lonesome Standard Time" - Kathy Mattea Video
- - "Jukebox Junkie" - Ken Mellons Video
- - "Warning Labels" - Doug Stone Video
- - "In the Vicinity of the Heart" - Allison Kraus Video
- - "Jukebox Junkie" - Ken Mellons
- Talent Coordinator - Dixie and Tom T. Hall's "Animaland Fund-raisers"
- - 5 seasons
- - Talent search and scheduling of over 100 hours of donated music per season
- - Live performances, television and radio
- - Guest artists included: Marty Stuart, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Lynn Anderson, Waylon Jennings and Jesse Colter, Jeannie Pruitt, Jack Greene, Anita Bryant, and more
- - Kansas City Jazz Ambassadors
- - Austin Songwriters' Group- Wisconsin Songwriters' Association
- - SESAC - Publisher/Writer member
- - BMI Publisher
- - ASCAP Publisher
- - NARAS (Voting Member)
- - Western Music Association
- - Wonderment Records, V.P., G. M.
- - The Luedtke Agency, NYC